• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT2| Brought To You By Buckethead™

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wes

venison crêpe
I can understand why Rex would be after a QB but if I were the other teams I'd try and creatively tank for next year.

BigAT

Lol, he isn't even top 10 in Badger busts. He was at least useful. Ask Vikings fans about their luck with Badgers! Erasmus, Michael Bennett.....Chilly!

Whoa, you watch your mouth. Childress was not a bust. He gave birth to the Chilly Report, so his tenure was a net-positive for everyone.
(that wasn't a Vikings fan)

UberTag

I can imagine Jerry sitting in his throne thinking aloud "That Wisconsin guy the Texans got turned out to be a damn good player. We need a Wisconsin guy."

GM: ...but sir, this Center is a 3rd rounder at best, we can take him later....

Jerry:"NON SENSE! DO WHAT JERRY TELLS YOU!! GIVE TONY ROMO A 10 YEAR BILLION DOLLAR EXTENTION!! HOW BOUT DEM COWBOYS YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAW!!!!" *Fires 6 shooter in the air*

Thats totally how it happened
rich-texan-the-simpsons.jpg

There's no QB that the Jets could take that wouldn't be a reach. Suffer in silence with Sanchez and wait until next year.
Jets won't do that, of course.
That would be in the Jets best interests but Rex wants to have a job next year.

cashman

Banned
Sources confirm that Garrett appeared so upset last night at 18 because he wanted Sharrif Floyd. Overruled by Jerry & Stephen. #Cowboys

MechDX

I don't think Jerry would hire a guy with a spine in the first place so there's that.

Two extremes in Texas: One team will fire anyone and the coach has no control. The other team the HC can have multiple losing seasons and have absolute control and he is untouchable.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
My favorite part about Jerry Jones is that he's grooming his son to be the next Owner/GM.

I love it!

edit: Gaze deep and hard Cowboys fans into the eyes of your future used car salesmanOwner/GM!!

mp8tgfu.jpg

JABEE

Do you think the Rams regret trading the second pick last season or are they happy with Bradford? They may have passed on a generational talent in Robert Griffin. The Redskins gave up a lot, but RG3's rookie season shows he could be a top quarterback in the NFL if he can stay healthy.

Do you think the Rams regret trading the second pick last season or are they happy with Bradford? They may have passed on a generational talent in Robert Griffin. The Redskins gave up a lot, but RG3's rookie season shows he could be a top quarterback in the NFL if he can stay healthy.

Dudes the next Michael Vick. He will never play 16 games. Read on Twitter that the Rams have turned RG3 into 8 players. I would have to look up how the math on that works to tell you the exact 8 though

Duxxy3

You said it yourself.

UberTag

The verdict's still out on that last point.

Sappy113

Right no? No. Not even a little bit. That might change in a few years, if Bradford can't evolve his game and RG3 comes back healthy and elevates his game to new heights - but even then, the Rams didn't have anything resembling a talented roster last year. Making that trade is what's helping make the team.

This (taken from another forum) is what the Rams have netted from that trade so far:

1st Round - Michael Brockers (#14, 2012)
2nd Round - Janoris Jenkins (#39, 2012)
2nd Round - Isaiah Pead (#50, 2012)
5th Round - Rokevious Watkins (#150, 2012)
1st Round - Alec Ogeltree (#30, 2013)
3rd round pick 2013 (#92) from Atlanta
6th round pick 2013 (#198) from Atlanta
1st round pick 2014 from Washington

Brockers and Janoris are firmly entrenched as starters. Ogeltree will be too. Rok Watkins is, at this point, penciled in as a possible starter at LG, and a player Fisher really likes. Verdict is still out on Pead. Great skillset, question is if he mentally has the chops to break through. And there are still picks to burn, or trade for even more picks.

Looking like a good trade for both teams.

Colasante

Any Pats news?

According to sources, the Patriots plan to do the exact opposite of whatever fans are hoping for.

Said that from the beginning and still think that Griffin's too big an injury risk to pass up all the players they got. Rams fans seem happy with the trade, Skins fans seem happy. Win win

Yeah, it is a win win, but it's not like the Rams passed on RG3 because of injury concerns, it was probably 95% due to Bradford's albatross of a contract should they have drafted RG3 and traded Bradford.

UberTag

Any Pats news?
BB's going to keep trading down for picks for the entire draft.
Will build an arsenal of 30 or so he can squat on like a mizer with a giant money bin.

Patriots still finish with a record of 11-5 or 12-4 despite not drafting a single player due to the absolute suck in their division.
They'll also get to play the Browns, the Ravens in Week 16 when they've already been eliminated from the playoffs and the Steelers around the time Ben always gets crippled midway through the season.

Pats will get a bye and then lose to Peyton Manning and the Broncos in the conference finals.
Or face & defeat some upstart Bengals team and lose to Eli Manning in the Super Bowl.
Wash, rinse, repeat.

So the take aways are this: BB trades down, squats on lots of picks, drafts nobody, wins division, loses to Manning in playoffs.

Ænima

Right no? No. Not even a little bit. That might change in a few years, if Bradford can't evolve his game and RG3 comes back healthy and elevates his game to new heights - but even then, the Rams didn't have anything resembling a talented roster last year. Making that trade is what's helping make the team.
Lol. I would put that dream to rest. Bradford is what he is at this point. A below average QB that looked awesome in college due to his supporting cast.

With that being said even I won't say the trade was bad for the Rams. RGIII's ability to stay healthy is a serious concern that can't be downplayed. The Rams will have two first round picks next year, maybe they can get a franchise QB then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom