• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT2| Brought To You By Buckethead™

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
late on Nassib, but I watched that "All Star" challenge last weekend, and caught Nassib trying to land a football in a net perhaps 15 yards away. He missed it 7 or 8 times before finally making it.

BigAT

Carr? David Carr? The same David Carr that regularly made an embarrassment of himself starting for the Houston Texans over half a decade ago? THAT'S what you're calling a solid backup? Really?

Have you looked at some of the backup quarterbacks in this league? Have you look at some of the STARTING quarterbacks?

Carr has been with the Giants for several years and knows their system very well. He's looked good whenever he's been under center in the preseason for them. The Giants actually have talent and an offensive line, they aren't the expansion level Texans where he had to run for his life on every snap. So yes, with all that in mind I definitely consider him a very solid BACKUP quarterback.

mr2xxx

Banned
Phillip Thomas, fuck me. Hated the guy when watching his tape, dude can't tackle worth shit. Coverage skills didn't seem like anything special. I'm gonna stop watching college tape to keep my sanity.

late on Nassib, but I watched that "All Star" challenge last weekend, and caught Nassib trying to land a football in a net perhaps 15 yards away. He missed it 7 or 8 times before finally making it.

Giants will run a 2 QB system, When Eli throws a Pick, Nassib will appear in front of TC to get the Evil Stare...

Have you looked at some of the backup quarterbacks in this league? Have you look at some of the STARTING quarterbacks?

Carr has been with the Giants for several years and knows their system very well. He's looked good whenever he's been under center in the preseason for them. The Giants actually have talent and an offensive line, they aren't the expansion level Texans where he had to run for his life on every snap. So yes, with all that in mind I definitely consider him a very solid BACKUP quarterback.

Yeah, I agree. If Carr is starting and Eli goes down, you might as well wrap the season up in terms of actually winning the SB but he's decent enough to win us some games and not end up a Colts level Painter embarrassment.

Still, if they can improve that with Nassib, great.

Nightz

just the kind of humble guy i can root for ;__;

I like to joke about the Lennay thing, but I'm not too disappointed by the pick. I think he'll be just fine playing next to Donald Butler. He also grew on me when I saw Mariucci's Game Changers feature on him.

effzee

Matt Barkley just now with the Eagles PR guy:

Not even mad or sad but very passionate to get this going. I will remember this weekend for a long time. And so will all the teams who passed up on me.

GET EM MATTY!

Godslay

Banned
Giants will run a 2 QB system, When Eli throws a Pick, Nassib will appear in front of TC to get the Evil Stare...

He's got a good start, I can see what the scouts saw in him...

ibhCjvxIGoKtPV.jpg

Misread your post, GET, not GIVE. :jnc

squicken

Phillip Thomas, fuck me. Hated the guy when watching his tape, dude can't tackle worth shit. Coverage skills didn't seem like anything special. I'm gonna stop watching college tape to keep my sanity.

ha it's funny b/c I loved his ball skills. couldn't tackle, but he reminds me or a poor poor mans J Byrd

Nori Chan

I like to joke about the Lennay thing, but I'm not too disappointed by the pick. I think he'll be just fine playing next to Donald Butler. He also grew on me when I saw Mariucci's Game Changers feature on him.

I agree. He might take a few years to develop but I can get behind this pick as well.

UberTag

And Geno can't throw in cold weather.

Don't think you can knock the Bills for grabbing Manuel all things considered.

They reached too early on Kiko (with Brown still available) and that 2nd receiver is just a Graham clone; could have plugged a hole better with that 3rd pick. Either Jordan Reed (TE) or an OL grab. Hopefully Chandler's recovering better than expected.

Yeah, I agree. If Carr is starting and Eli goes down, you might as well wrap the season up in terms of actually winning the SB but he's decent enough to win us some games and end up a Colts level Painter embarrassment.

Still, if they can I improve that with Nassib, great.
Carr is better than what Buffalo currently has.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
This is an intreseting tidbit I got from DetroitLionsforum.com about our draft this year:

Ziggy Ansah - first DE drafted in the 1st rd since Robert Porcher in 20 years
Darius Slay - first CB drafted in either the 1st or 2nd Rd since Westbrook in 15 years
Larry Warford - first interior O-lineman drafted in either the 1st, 2nd or 3rd rounds since Raiola in 11 years.

If Lions fans or other fans are wondering where our 4th round pick is we traded it to the Jags for Mike Thomas (WR) last year. It was a terrible, move but we were so depleted at WR last year due to injury and mental issues we needed to have Thomas just to have someone start at WR for us.

squicken

USC fans, what's the deal with Holmes? Thought he was supposed to be pretty good, but he kind of got run through the mud a bit in the draft process

Nah, he's a starting caliber safety. It's a good pick, he'll start for you.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Watching the youtube highlights of Shamarko. Syracuse really did line him up everywhere. From olb to ss to fs to all three corners. Just crazy.

LJ11

Love Harper, pretty good get for the Hawks. He was a surprise when I watched them, along with Meshak. Don't know much about Hill, but you heard a lot about him leading up to the draft the last few weeks.

Too bad I hate that fanbase for the most part, would be easy team to root for.

Colasante

Eddie Lacy and Jonathan Franklin? Thompson is attacking the team's weaknesses. Great picks, if Franklin pans out like some analysts expected.

MechDX

Lance Zierlein ‏@LanceZierlein 3m
I thought Trevardo Williams was a solid 3rd and one of my favorite 3-4 OLBs on the board. Great edge burst. Love that pick for Texans

Expand

Brooks Reed moving to ILB pretty much confirmed at this point with this pick and Montgomery yesterday.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Bah, what did the Broncos get for their fourth rounder?

EDIT: Looks like the 13th pick in the 5th and the 5th pick in the 6th.

Godslay

Banned
Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 1m
Broncos got 146 in 5th round, 173 in 6th round from Packers in return for trading out of 4th round (125).

Sounds good to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom