• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT2| Brought To You By Buckethead™

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
I LOVE Franklin. Great receiving back, will fit very well in Green Bay's offense.

Edit: I'm assuming Starks, Grant and Benson are all gone?

I LOVE Franklin. Great receiving back, will fit very well in Green Bay's offense.

Edit: I'm assuming Starks, Grant and Benson are all gone?

Starks has to be gone. Definitely not resigning Benson.

I like this pick much better than Lacy. It's just a shame (retroactively of course) that we took Lacy with our 2nd round pick when this is a great value. The two in tandem is whats pissing me off

Godslay

Banned
Lattimore would be nice as well.

I wonder if anyone picks him up? Maybe a really late round pick? 6-7?

I like this pick much better than Lacy. It's just a shame (retroactively of course) that we took Lacy with our 2nd round pick when this is a great value. The two in tandem is whats pissing me off

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 7m
Packers follow their board and take RB Johnathan Franklin even after selecting Lacy. Thats the Green Bay way and it works very well

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member

I'm okay with taking both. Most teams need multiple running backs these days as workhorse RBs are few and far between. Also, they compliment each other very nicely.

0ap1000000163325.jpg

brentech

Just got back from a bike ride. Looks like more OL and RB competition today. That and the fact that both positions were severely injured last year, probably felt we needed the extra depth, but the same could be said for our linebackers at this point.

This is an intreseting tidbit I got from DetroitLionsforum.com about our draft this year:

If Lions fans or other fans are wondering where our 4th round pick is we traded it to the Jags for Mike Thomas (WR) last year. It was a terrible, move but we were so depleted at WR last year due to injury and mental issues we needed to have Thomas just to have someone start at WR for us.
Thomas didn't do anything for us. I'm sure we could have signed someone off the street to produce as little as he did.

We could have had Jones or Okafor with that pick...

Wes

venison crêpe
People on this Cleveland Radio Show are really hating on trading with the Steelers.

They wont be saying that next year. Fans are so fickle!

People on this Cleveland Radio Show are really hating on trading with the Steelers.

They wont be saying that next year. Fans are so fickle!
Pretty much, typical overreactions. I expect to hear about it Monday morning, ill just shake my head the whole segment. Grossi will probably go to down on this.

mr2xxx

Banned
Redskins got two 5th round picks, this is where he will draft another RB that gets 1k+ yards rushing. Maybe he will get RG3 a rehab buddy with lattimore but more likely some guy that is unheard of and rated much later but everyone calls it a great pick because its Shanny and the ZBS scheme works wonders for 1 cut RBs.

Edit: good pick SF

Tamanon

Banned
Lattimore off the board. Man, he could be a beast if he gets healthy, at least he won't be expected to deliver immediately on the Niners.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom