• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT2| Brought To You By Buckethead™

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
sweet jesus @ NFLN showing Lattimore's knee upclose. Those Scars, man. Up there with Chad Jone's scars.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
WHY THE FUCK IS MANZIEL ON ESPN DRAFT COVERAGE

ESPN is terrible. I hate having to watch Tedy Bruschi as an analyst/commentator. He comes off as so awkward and forced whenever he talks and IMO he just got a sympathy contract after almost having a stroke a few years back. He's as pompous and douchey as Sean Salisbury was a few years back.

You guys need to get over us having a winning season this year. It's reload time. There's no ILB that the Steelers could draft in the 4th that's gonna fix the defense. We need generational guys, not stopgaps. We need two safeties, never gonna get both in one draft. It's gonna take time.

Don't disagree, but when 3 of the 5 picks are on offense, and really only one was a need (RB), I question what the fuck they're doing. I would've thought a CB before a QB, for instance.

I never thought we'd have a winning season this year anyway. But I don't see this draft helping turn things around faster.

ESPN is terrible. I hate having to watch Tedy Bruschi as an analyst/commentator. He comes off as so awkward and forced whenever he talks and IMO he just got a sympathy contract after almost having a stroke a few years back. He's as pompous and douchey as Sean Salisbury was a few years back.

Any former Pats player is a dbag. It is known.

Don't disagree, but when 3 of the 5 picks are on offense, and really only one was a need (RB), I question what the fuck they're doing. I would've thought a CB before a QB, for instance.

I never thought we'd have a winning season this year anyway. But I don't see this draft helping turn things around faster.

Cornerback is not a strength in this draft. Neither is ILB or safety.

I get that we as fans are anxious for a turnaround, but reaching on players just because of position needs is not the way to fix it.

Lonestar

damn, seattle just killed in back to back picks

didn't know Jesse ran sub 5, at 330+ and a bad knee. NFL teams are so stupid.

Colasante

This arms race happening in the NFC West is ridiculous. Carradine and Lattimore to the 49ers, and now Jesse Williams to the Seahawks. Sheesh.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Mike Mayock: "NFC West is the toughest division in football."

I don't dispute the NFCW having vastly improved from the garbage they put out two years ago but lets see Russell Wilson and Colin Kaep have success for two years in a row before making claims like that. The NFC North has three established, young QBs who have been having success for more than 12 games.

Seattle trade up to Lions spot.

If Denard Robinson was still on the board I don't think we make that trade.

Nameless

SF can redshirt Lattimore and Tank if need be, and then just reload in 2014. They are well run. Of course they totally blew the Jenkins pick, so these could also be huge mistakes

Concussion issues. Lots of guys who look good are getting flagged for medicals

It's way too early to say that about Jenkins. We were deep at WR/TE and he didn't crack the rotation. It happens .

Lattimore is going to come back week 7 and shit on eveyone. Great pick. Gore & McGahee overcame similar out of college when a mangled knee was a bigger obstacle than it is today . First round talent in the 4th round, another solid pick.

Lonestar

This arms race happening in the NFC West is ridiculous. Carradine and Lattimore to the 49ers, and now Jesse Williams to the Seahawks. Sheesh.

seeing Lattimore's knee scar, after his 2nd knee injury...I'm not seeing him coming back as anything more than a shadow of his former self.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

I don't dispute the NFCW having vastly improved from the garbage they put out two years ago but lets see Russell Wilson and Colin Kaep have success for two years in a row before making claims like that. The NFC North has three established, young QBs who have been having success for more than 12 games.

Yeah. The hyperbole is beyond ridiculous.

Lets see the Rams do something before people anoint them with anything.

They're still starting Sam Bradford last time I checked. And the Cardinals still suck.

Godslay

Banned

Both teams are good enough to win without the QB playing at a high level. If Wilson or Kaep are good again this year, watch out.

squicken

It's way too early to say that about Jenkins. We were deep at WR/TE and he didn't crack the rotation. It happens .

Lattimore is going to come back week 7 and shit on eveyone. Great pick. Gore & McGahee overcame similar out of college when a mangled knee was a bigger obstacle than it is today . First round talent in the 4th round, another solid pick.

Thought there were so work ethic and maturity issues there? As far as Lattimore and Williams, these are all calculated risks. SEA and SF just get to make them b/c they have all the extra picks. Like any 5th round pick, you can't really count on it

:kas The only QB in the North that has had success 2 years in a row is Rodgers. Fatford was 4-12 last year and Cutler has gotten hurt and been inconsistent.

Josh Boyd and Kwame Geathers are my 2 favorite DTs left.

Hughes is a good pick, but has major character issues, so I knew he was never an option for Oakland.

Nameless

As much as I hate the Seahawks and Pete C. they're one of the best drafting teams in the league . College coaches do seem to draft well, as you would think.

We've traded again!

#2014SUPERBOWL
tumblr_mi17plX4cx1ryfrfko1_500.gif

OBR and Radio are gonna go crazy!

If Denard Robinson was still on the board I don't think we make that trade.

Haha. Who's tougher? The NFC North? One team at the bottom, the Bears crashing, AP and 52 other guys, and the second softest defense in the NFL.

Lonestar

As much as I hate the Seahawks and Pete C. they're one of the best drafting teams in the league . College coaches do seem to draft well, as you would think.

spent so much time on the road recruiting HS players, gives them a larger base of players to work with. They know the players longer, even if they player doesn't go to their school. NFL draft, they seemingly only work on the scouting process during the offseason, and only on the incoming players. I'd bet some coaches only look at their last year in college.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom