• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT2| Brought To You By Buckethead™

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
:kas The only QB in the North that has had success 2 years in a row is Rodgers. Fatford was 4-12 last year and Cutler has gotten hurt and been inconsistent.

The Lions were 4-12 last year, its a team game. When healthy there is no doubt in my mind we can hang with any team in the league. And we will, just wait.

Stafford the last two years (32 games not including his solid playoff game against the Saints):

10,005 Yards, 61 TDs, 33 INTs, 61.65% Completion Percentage, 88.5 QBR plus 5 rushing TDs he got with his athletic ability.

Oh yeah, he's only 24 years old. Stafford is legit there is no denying that at this point. Just need to protect him and surround him with the right talent. Last year was an anomaly due to so many injuries happening the our WR corp and our D not forcing turnovers like in 2011.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTWvY-ujuVw

Let's see Matt Barkely make that throw.

Nameless

Thought there were so work ethic and maturity issues there? As far as Lattimore and Williams, these are all calculated risks. SEA and SF just get to make them b/c they have all the extra picks. Like any 5th round pick, you can't really count on it

Most of those were pre-camp, early camp. He looked good in presreason.

Knee injuries for young guys have become sort of a paradox. Whether it's the work ethic you need to build for rehab and/or the rehab itself & focus on conditioning , most come back better. Hopefully that's the case for these two .

Wes

venison crêpe
I'm cool with this, we're the new patriots in the draft and still have a pick this round

I love it. I know I haven't been following the NFL as long as anyone else in this thread but I really enjoy the draft and the complicated maths and stats behind it. On that note I love future picks. I loved the Julio Jones trade and I love these moves.

We could still end up with a servicable safety in the 6th round! Rambo is still on the board for instance.

Stafford is overdue for a season ending injury. I bet he will only play in 6-7 games this year. Also as I pointed out before Bradford surpassed Fatford last year. You're currently sitting on a 4-12 team with a worse QB than SAM BRADFORD.

This arms race happening in the NFC West is ridiculous. Carradine and Lattimore to the 49ers, and now Jesse Williams to the Seahawks. Sheesh.
Its going to be fun to watch.

Mike Mayock: "NFC West is the toughest division in football."

I don't dispute the NFCW having vastly improved from the garbage they put out two years ago but lets see Russell Wilson and Colin Kaep have success for two years in a row before making claims like that. The NFC North has three established, young QBs who have been having success for more than 12 games.

If Denard Robinson was still on the board I don't think we make that trade.

*facepalm* the only team worth a shit in that division right now is the Packers and their defense is softer than whisky dick.

Godslay

Banned
No avatar quote? You disappoint me.

image.php

iAoiZE1dlCImH.bmp

Colasante

I don't get the negativity from Browns fans. You already had a decent team in place, Lombardi added a lot of good pieces in free agency, and he's starting to hoard picks for 2014, which is supposed to be a much better draft. He now has a lot of flexibility when it comes to selecting Weeden's successor, whether it be trading for Mallett (unlikely) or moving up next year.

Wes

venison crêpe
@AdamSchefter 4m
Giants GM Jerry Reese on Ryan Nassib: "Yeah, if he doesn’t ever play, that would be great."

Brandon Jenkins, Quanteras Smith, Travis Johnson and Joe Kruger best de/olb players left.

I wouldn't mind taking a chance on Jenkins with one of our 6ths if he falls that far.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I'm a little surprised Green Bay hasn't addressed the secondary at all. Now that we're this late in the draft it doesn't really matter since our guys are just as good as any of these kids.

I hope Datone Jones is the second coming of Reggie White because our defense needs help.

It's a little interesting that they're reworking the backfield in Green Bay though. I like giving Rodgers more weapons and adding more diversity but our defense is so glaringly deficient.

That said, my only hope now is for a kicker.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
I'm a little surprised Green Bay hasn't addressed the secondary at all. .

I am keeping my fingers crossed that Poyer falls to them this round. I'm surprised he's still on the board in the first place.

Sappy113

Yeah. The hyperbole is beyond ridiculous.

Lets see the Rams do something before people anoint them with anything.

They're still starting Sam Bradford last time I checked. And the Cardinals still suck.

This year Sam Bradford, for the first time in his career, is going to to be in the same scheme for a second successive year, with an upgraded OL and by now a fair amount of weapons. All firsts for him.

Oh, and a projected top-10 D. No doubt SF and Seattle are going to be top 5 in that category as well.

I don't see any hyperbole there. Has to transfer to game days obviously, but on paper, this is a bitch of a division.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom