• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT2| Brought To You By Buckethead™

Status
Not open for further replies.

JABEE

tumblr_m54o61PrQE1r2gow4o1_400.gif

Well I never! How dare you!
http://youtu.be/um78DhWzrhI

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Going to need a 30 for 30 special on the year that three kickers were taken in the fifth round and changed the draft forever.

Godslay

Banned
Not saying it's a bad signing at all. Dude still has a lot left in the tank and I think he'll do well in your D. He just has some baggage that I hated. Anytime there was news about a scuffle at a club or a run in with the cops, Phillips was usually around.

Deal is 1 year, up to $3 million

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of that either, but as long as he stays out of trouble it should be a good signing. Looks to be a decent contract as well.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
lol, our 1st team ACC WR can't get drafted ahead of place kickers. Duke needs to cheat in football severly. It works for the rest of the conference and the basketball team. Time to get with the program.

JABEE

Going to need a 30 for 30 special on the year that three kickers were taken in the fifth round and changed the draft forever.
"We knew how good we were. We just needed a chance."

"Kickers were just kickers before the 2013 NFL Draft. It changed everything."

"This was the draft that changed the game of football forever. No longer were kickers second-class citizens. They became a crucial part of any franchise looking to win a Super Bowl. They became rock stars."

"What if I told you three young men drafted in the fifth round kicked away the world's perception of special teamers?"

An ESPN 30 for 30 special: Fifth and Long

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
seeing Lattimore's knee scar, after his 2nd knee injury...I'm not seeing him coming back as anything more than a shadow of his former self.

People said the same thing about Gore when he was drafted after having 2 knee surgeries. We'll just have to wait and see.

squicken

I'm always impressed by him and by Stanford's team. Lions seem like the team most in need of a head coaching change, I could see him there.

No all the good coaches can't be in the NFC. Time for the AFC to get another. Sumlin will also be going to the NFL in 2014, but he'll be picky. Chip Kelly showed the way

Doorman

Some....wide receiver from somewhere. Alright, let's do a little reading...

...hmm...

A former track star turned receiver, nice speed but still pretty raw in terms of technique. I'm seeing a bit of a theme here with a lot of the Lions' draft selections. Apparently we have a lot of faith in our developmental coaching.

If Demps get traded, I wanna say fuck you Jeff!

I had a dream about you being a super star for us! But noooooooooooooo! Mister 'fast running big shot' just wanted to take our money for sitting on his ass for a year to then decide to go back to running.

Hope we at least can get a pick by trading your ass.

Some....wide receiver from somewhere. Alright, let's do a little reading...

...hmm...

A former track star turned receiver, nice speed but still pretty raw in terms of technique. I'm seeing a bit of a theme here with a lot of the Lions' draft selections. Apparently we have a lot of faith in our developmental coaching.

Dunno why. Suh has pretty much devolved since his rookie season, for instance. These are picks that would work on say...the Steelers. This WR seems good but we'll see.

LJ11

Slaughter may be something.

Played Dog OLB, in box and over TE/Y, because ND didn't have a cover guy. Came off the edge at times, gives you flexibility, he's used to covering with 15 yards of the line of scrimmage. Wasn't asked to play deep half or mof, was behind H.Smith and Motta, but ND needed him in the box because they weren't good at covering underneath, and Motta can't do that.

Garbage 3rd day by Bills, hope they're contracted.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Slaughter may be something.

Played Dog OLB, in box and over TE/Y, because ND didn't have a cover guy. Came off the edge at times, gives you flexibility, he's used to covering with 15 yards of the line of scrimmage. Wasn't asked to play deep half or mof, was behind H.Smith and Motta, but ND needed him in the box because they weren't good at covering underneath, and Motta can't do that.

Garbage 3rd day by Bills, hope they're contracted.

Just waiting for Robert Lester to get picked up by the Bills, and then we might never hear from you again. Make sure you include a message to GAF in your will!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom