• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Pro Bowl Week: Neon Deion vs. The Fumbling Fraud

e: Weird move by Ozzie and Biscotti, though. Seems like Harbaugh doesn't really have a lot of power there.

I think that Harbaugh parlayed his Superbowl successs into more franchise power; Ray was gone, Ed was out, Pollard was out, Boldin traded. Harbaugh got that control he wanted, and he didn't succeed, particularly against expectations (not mine though, they actually exceeded mine). Bisciotti hasn't been the most vocal owner, and he's kind of a mystery, but the team success has made it easy for him to remain hands off. Maybe now we're going to see what kind of owner he is, and how much rope he's going to give to Harbs if the team isn't making the playoffs.

I know but they didn't move Welker banking on Edelman. Edelman lines up on the outside much more than Dola who was supposed played Welkers position. Everything their offense did revloved around murderer and gimp anway and that went down the drain before the season even began. They literally changed their entire offense in one offseason. All they did was run 2 TE sets and went to a zero TE pass catching offense.

Belichick was right to get rid of Welker. Only misstep he made was thinking that he couldn't get the same production from someone on his roster.

squicken

Cleveland rekindled its pursuit of Josh McDaniels, and went after him hard. I have heard McDaniels was the apple of owner Jimmy Haslam’s eye from the time a four-man team of Browns officials met with McDaniels in New England for seven-and-a-half hours on Wild Card Saturday, and that GM Mike Lombardi had at least two conversations with McDaniels about re-entering the coaching derby in the days after New England’s loss to Denver in the AFC title game.

I have also heard, after Bill Belichick pushed hard for his friend Greg Schiano to get in the Cleveland race, that some in the Browns’ hierarchy were revved up by Schiano’s interview with the club early last week. But the Browns have the same old problem they’ve had since the weekend that the late owner of the team, Al Lerner, put his stamp of approval on Tim Couch as the first pick of the expansion Browns in 1999: They don’t have a long-term quarterback of the future (unless Brian Hoyer, 28, is far better than he’s shown in his four-team, four-start NFL career), and they don’t have anyone to coach one. That’s the biggest problem with the Browns now. There’s no consensus as to who will be the offensive coordinator, and certainly no consensus as to whom the team will draft in May for the new coordinator to coach. And what if the Browns, who love Johnny Manziel, are trumped in their effort to draft Manziel by another team—assuming Johnny Football is the top quarterback on the board, which is too early to say now. The Browns have gone six straight seasons with at least 11 losses, and they are far from out of the woods.

http://mmqb.si.com/2014/01/27/richard-sherman-super-bowl-48-monday-morning-quarterback/3/

Really need to nail that OC hire. It would be so lame if they end up with Bill Callahan

Bread

Banned
broncos will sign edelman and the pats will pick up hakeem nicks, then will finish the season with all practice squad players at wide out.

KingGondo

Banned
Hopefully Pettine will influence the draft decision toward Clowney or Barr. Either of those guys is much more of a sure thing than JFF.

simples

Banned
Way to not read what I posted. This is why I don't go to Gaming side--because it's full of people like you who catch feelings based on other peoples' preference in entertainment.

The two biggest exclusive franchises for Xbox are Halo and Gears of War, right?

Halo: shooting shit
Gears: shooting shit

What other great experiences am I missing out on by sticking with PS3/PS4 and the handheld consoles? There are zero compelling reasons to get an Xbone as far as I can tell.
complain about shooting shit

buys a 400$ killzone machine

Way to not read what I posted. This is why I don't go to Gaming side--because it's full of people like you who catch feelings based on other peoples' preference in entertainment.

The two biggest exclusive franchises for Xbox are Halo and Gears of War, right?

Halo: shooting shit
Gears: shooting shit

What other great experiences am I missing out on by sticking with PS3/PS4 and the handheld consoles? There are zero compelling reasons to get an Xbone as far as I can tell.

Forza and Fable are also really big franchise that dont involve shooting shit. DR and Ryse are also not shooters, even though DR does have guns in it. Both MS and Sony have tons of games that dont involve shooting, but they also both are really focused on developing shooters. If you prefer one corporation over the other I couldnt care less. I just didnt understand your first post, I was trying to argue with you about which box of wires you like the best.

eznark

Banned
or me and fmt will find your home and destroy everything you own

The beauty of it is I have no home. Good luck randomly stumbling across my sleeping body somewhere in the mountains or getting lucky and blowing up whichever compound I crashed in.

When you ain't got nothing you got nothing to lose!

squicken

I think that Harbaugh parlayed his Superbowl successs into more franchise power; Ray was gone, Ed was out, Pollard was out, Boldin traded. Harbaugh got that control he wanted, and he didn't succeed, particularly against expectations (not mine though, they actually exceeded mine). Bisciotti hasn't been the most vocal owner, and he's kind of a mystery, but the team success has made it easy for him to remain hands off. Maybe now we're going to see what kind of owner he is, and how much rope he's going to give to Harbs if the team isn't making the playoffs.

I have to wonder if him forcing out Boldin, and the resulting offensive struggles, hurt him with Ozzie and Biscotti. Not getting to choose his staff is a pretty big slap in the face to a SB winning coach, but watching the offense sputter so much last year, fresh off giving Flacco the extension, probably unnerved the GM/owner.

Either way, I do like that Kubiak hire, but he's going to have to work a bit with Ozzie so he gets the guys he likes for that offense. It's not pure ZBS, but he does want his OL to be able to move

Bread

Banned
The beauty of it is I have no home. Good luck randomly stumbling across my sleeping body somewhere in the mountains or getting lucky and blowing up whichever compound I crashed in.

When you ain't got nothing you got nothing to lose!
This makes murdering you even better! I'm going to start a bounty service on the server and you'll be my first target.

I have to wonder if him forcing out Boldin, and the resulting offensive struggles, hurt him with Ozzie and Biscotti. Not getting to choose his staff is a pretty big slap in the face to a SB winning coach, but watching the offense sputter so much last year, fresh off giving Flacco the extension, probably unnerved the GM/owner.

Totally agree, and based on what I saw out his coaching decisions last year, I'm ok with it. I'm not even convinced that the Ray Lewis coaching effect didn't extend to Harbs.

Bread

Banned
Please do. Shit got real boring real fast.
Yeah there are too many people worried about building huge metal houses and leaving the other people alone. People in my group are hoarding c4s for no reason.

I want to join your group and destroy stuff.

What did the Fable wagon cart simulator sell?

I checked the usual sites for sales stuff, looks like no numbers for it ever came out. My guess is it sold next to zero. It looked horrible, and reviewed even worse. I dont think that the Fable brand is dead forever though because one totally terrible Fable game came out. Lionhead is working on a current gen on now, hopefully they do something interesting with it.

KingGondo

Banned
complain about shooting shit

buys a 400$ killzone machine
Didn't buy Killzone. :p

AC4, FIFA and my PS3 backlog are keeping me entertained until Infamous hits.

yankeehater said:
If you prefer one corporation over the other I couldnt care less. I just didnt understand your first post, I was trying to argue with you about which box of wires you like the best.
I don't prefer one corporation over the other. I simply think Sony has done a far better job of providing unique gaming experiences as opposed to MS.

God of War
The Last of Us
Uncharted
Infamous
Wipeout
Pixeljunk series
Journey
Flower
Flow

Grover Cleveland said:
NFL-GAF in the OT will be all inclusive lovey-dovey.

Blacks, women, gays, olds, lifelongs, and Patriots fans all living together in perfect harmony.
Thank you for excluding poors. They never belong.

eznark

Banned
Yeah there are too many people worried about building huge metal houses and leaving the other people alone. People in my group are hoarding c4s for no reason.

I want to join your group and destroy stuff.

Brentech's house got cleaned out Sunday morning. We found the culprit, blew up his house, and had everything back barely a few hours later. That stuff is fun in the moment but if you don't like building massive metal houses there is sort of a tipping point where you have vast means of production that takes any risk/reward out of the game. I'm not really sure what they can do to fix it to be honest. It's a fun fuck-around game and the headshot sound is so God damn satisfying but for me, I just don't care to build stuff and since it's so easy to rebuild stuff, I don't get much satisfaction in destroying stuff.

dionysus

Yaldog
Fable 2 sold 3.5m and Fable 3 was over 5m. Seems big to me.

It is funny because if those games don't qualify as big franchises then almost all of Sony's first party doesn't count either.

Anyone ever noticed over in gaming side how certain people insist on referring to games by their Japanese titles even when they have extremely popular localizations in the USA and Europe. Does it increase your gaming cred or something?

Top Bottom