• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 13 GM Connected Sim League (Xbox 360)

Ahaha you're gonna be that guy, aren't you

Like I said, I have to get used to playing online with people where these trades don't work or at least are discouraged. This completely blows though, my dang contract limit is at 50/50 (thanks to the randomization) which pretty much prevents me from signing any free agents for this season section. Luckily a lot of my contracts for most of my useless players are up after this first season, so that should help.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
OMG red has shootouts on manual goalie.....that was fun

Leafs win in the 7th round of the shootout over the Blue Jackets

Despite being outshot like 28-18 or sth.

But that was a fun game, manual shootout goalies are hilarious. We mimic'd each other's goals/failures in the shooutout rounds nicely :lol

If we want the versus league to be successful I think this needs to happen. Right now there is very little activity in the versus league and it's difficult to find the few posts about that league between all the sim league stuff.

VS LEAGUE

agree 100%

Legit, lets get our own thread up ASAP. btw, I sent everyone in the VS league a XBL friend request (The Visualizer). I am the Blues.
--------------

I put some bids in on FA's today and I want to make a trade for an impact 2nd line forward. I currently have depth in Top 4 D-Men and Centers and I'm willing to part with a high draft pick. My defensemen aren't exciting names and am trying to move a 3rd line Center so I doubt any human team would be interested, so I figure I'd make a deal with a CPU team. I want to run stuff by you guys 1st though.

This is the package I am shopping:
  • Jordan Leopold 83 OVR Top 4 D-Man 3.1 M
  • Brian Boyle 78 OVR 3rd Line Chk Fwd 1.8 M
  • Ty Rattie 61 OVR Other Fwd (19 yr old Prospect with 4 Star Potential) 0.8 M
  • 1st or preferably 2nd round pick 2013

This is the short list of 2nd line impact forwards I'd like to pick from. Keep in mind I haven't tried any of these deals yet in fear that I would submit one and not be able to back out of it so I don't know if I'm offering enough.

• WAS - Gabriel Landeskog 82 OVR 2nd Line Fwd (WAS needs D-Men badly)
  • TB - Martin Havlat 85 OVR 1st Line Fwd (TB needs cap help and is stacked at FWD)
  • SJ - Wayne Simmonds 82 OVR 2nd Line Fwd
  • PHO - David Backes 82 OVR 2nd Line Fwd
  • PHO - David Perron 84 OVR 1st Line Fwd (PHO is stacked at FWD, and has too many Davids too)
  • PHO - David Bolland 84 OVR 2nd Line Fwd
  • NSH - David Booth 84 OVR 2nd Line Fwd
  • EDM - Michael Grabner 81 OVR 2nd Line Fwd
  • EDM - Devin Setoguchi 82 OVR 2nd Line Fwd
  • BUF - Patrick Hornqvist 82 OVR 2nd Line Fwd

Please let me know if it is OK to pursue the deals listed above.
The way I see it, I'm giving up a solid Top 4 D-Man, a good 3rd line Center, a prospect that may or may not develop and a high pick for 1 player. All have reasonable salaries as well so I'm not doing a salary dump. I provided justification the ones that seem like I may be getting the better end of the deal for... If anyone is interested in what I have to offer, I'm willing to come off any of my other defensemen besides Doughty and also have 2 young studs C's I might consider if the deal is tempting:

D-MEN
  • Jeff Schultz 83 OVR
  • Tom Gilbert 83 OVR
  • Johnny Oduya 80 OVR
  • Chris Campoli 77 OVR
CENTERS
  • Gilbert Brule 79 OVR
  • Michael Backlund 77 OVR

Phthisis

VS LEAGUE

agree 100%

Legit, lets get our own thread up ASAP. btw, I sent everyone in the VS league a XBL friend request (The Visualizer). I am the Blues.
--------------

I put some bids in on FA's today and I want to make a trade for an impact 2nd line forward. I currently have depth in Top 4 D-Men and Centers and I'm willing to part with a high draft pick. My defensemen aren't exciting names and am trying to move a 3rd line Center so I doubt any human team would be interested, so I figure I'd make a deal with a CPU team. I want to run stuff by you guys 1st though.

This is the package I am shopping:
  • Jordan Leopold 83 OVR Top 4 D-Man 3.1 M
  • Brian Boyle 78 OVR 3rd Line Chk Fwd 1.8 M
  • Ty Rattie 61 OVR Other Fwd (19 yr old Prospect with 4 Star Potential) 0.8 M
  • 1st or preferably 2nd round pick 2013

This is the short list of 2nd line impact forwards I'd like to pick from. Keep in mind I haven't tried any of these deals yet in fear that I would submit one and not be able to back out of it so I don't know if I'm offering enough.

• WAS - Gabriel Landeskog 82 OVR 2nd Line Fwd (WAS needs D-Men badly)
  • TB - Martin Havlat 85 OVR 1st Line Fwd (TB needs cap help and is stacked at FWD)
  • SJ - Wayne Simmonds 82 OVR 2nd Line Fwd
  • PHO - David Backes 82 OVR 2nd Line Fwd
  • PHO - David Perron 84 OVR 1st Line Fwd (PHO is stacked at FWD, and has too many Davids too)
  • PHO - David Bolland 84 OVR 2nd Line Fwd
  • NSH - David Booth 84 OVR 2nd Line Fwd
  • EDM - Michael Grabner 81 OVR 2nd Line Fwd
  • EDM - Devin Setoguchi 82 OVR 2nd Line Fwd
  • BUF - Patrick Hornqvist 82 OVR 2nd Line Fwd

Please let me know if it is OK to pursue the deals listed above.
The way I see it, I'm giving up a solid Top 4 D-Man, a good 3rd line Center, a prospect that may or may not develop and a high pick for 1 player. All have reasonable salaries as well so I'm not doing a salary dump. I provided justification the ones that seem like I may be getting the better end of the deal for... If anyone is interested in what I have to offer, I'm willing to come off any of my other defensemen besides Doughty and also have 2 young studs C's I might consider if the deal is tempting:

D-MEN
  • Jeff Schultz 83 OVR
  • Tom Gilbert 83 OVR
  • Johnny Oduya 80 OVR
  • Chris Campoli 77 OVR
CENTERS
  • Gilbert Brule 79 OVR
  • Michael Backlund 77 OVR

I would love to get Jordan Leopold from you. I need an OFD. Would you be willing to trade D for D (I'm the Kings)? I've got Mark Stuart and Eric Brewer I'd be willing to give up.

MacAttack

VS LEAGUE

Looks fair to me.

Phthisis

Of course I give up the only goal of the game with 2.5 seconds left in the first :(

GGs Phthisis

It was hard fought! It was the type of game you'd expect when the two goalies were Lundqvist (Kings) and Quick (Rangers). There were some close calls there at the end. Specifically, that Jeff Carter breakway that was stopped and then Maxim Lapierre took that shot on the empty net from the rebound and Bogosian made the block. That shit was intense!

I would love to get Jordan Leopold from you. I need an OFD. Would you be willing to trade D for D (I'm the Kings)? I've got Mark Stuart and Eric Brewer I'd be willing to give up.

I took a look, and you are gonna have to sweeten the pot, there is no incentive to do a straight up deal for either of them, Brewer is older, gets paid more, and attributes are worse in pretty much all areas except Wrist Shot, even defensive stuff despite him being a DFD. I'd take Brewer out of the 2 if you want to make a deal, but I propose we swap forwards with you slightly upgrading me to offset what I'm giving up, I'll also throw a 4th round pick in to even it out

here are your 2 options with swapping forwards:

• G. Brule C 79OVR
    for
  • J. VanRiemsdyk 82OVR or M. Stajan 82OVR

OR

• B. Boyle C 78OVR or P. Eaves RW 77OVR or Z. Kassian RW 76OVR
    for
  • C. Glencross 82OVR

so the breakdown is:
  • Leopold
  • One of my 3rd line forwards
  • 4th rd pick 2013
for
  • Brewer
  • One of your 2nd line forwards

Phthisis

I took a look, and you are gonna have to sweeten the pot, there is no incentive to do a straight up deal for either of them, Brewer is older, gets paid more, and attributes are worse in pretty much all areas except Wrist Shot, even defensive stuff despite him being a DFD. I'd take Brewer out of the 2 if you want to make a deal, but I propose we swap forwards with you slightly upgrading me to offset what I'm giving up, I'll also throw a 4th round pick in to even it out.

Fair enough. Let me see what happens with this FA offer I have floating out there when the schedule period is advanced. That could change the whole complexion of this.

I'm not opposed to trading Glencross in a deal for Leopold.

Fair enough. Let me see what happens with this FA offer I have floating out there when the schedule period is advanced. That could change the whole complexion of this.

I'm not opposed to trading Glencross in a deal for Leopold.

VS LEAGUE

unfortunately Leopold (or his replacement) is 1 of the main pieces I will be using to trade for an impact 2nd line forward so I'm not gonna be able to wait until the week is simmed whenever that is.

I'm trying to deal with the CPU this weekend preferably before any CPU games get simmed to avoid injuries complicating the deal so if you wanna do the deal with Glencross let me know, otherwise I'm moving Leopold in a package that I mentioned before unless someone in the league objects to my proposed deal with the CPU, only MacAttack chimed in so far giving it the OK.

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
the gm hub is a real shit show. ea couldnt cache the game schedule? does it really need to re-download for 20 seconds everytime i leave a menu option?

Smiley90

I need to play Minnesota and Chicago in the versus league, let me know if you guys are on. Denogginizer and rizzle.

MacAttack

I'm playing Minny right now cause his CPU is turned on. What a shitty team, you'll have to turn CPU off, dude.
One of the rules of the league is no games vs the cpu. Only human vs human games all other games get simmed.

SIM LEAGUE

Move that shit forward tonight. Let's get this going.

theRizzle

I need to play Minnesota and Chicago in the versus league, let me know if you guys are on. Denogginizer and rizzle.

I'll be good to play in around an hour and a half at the earliest. I'll be good all night after that but I wont be home for a while still.

Wow, that was a pretty good game. Again, my lineup is fucking stacked on offense... I wonder how that happened.

So now I need to play Chicago or Calgary..

Socreges

Banned
Can I take Buffalo in the Versus league?

Unless they have a bad roster.... I'm a pretty poor player still and don't need any more handicaps...

Smiley90

One of the rules of the league is no games vs the cpu. Only human vs human games all other games get simmed.

SIM LEAGUE

Move that shit forward tonight. Let's get this going.

Yep, this, let's get it rolling

MacAttack

Can I take Buffalo in the Versus league?

Unless they have a bad roster.... I'm a pretty poor player still and don't need any more handicaps...

It would be better if you could take a team in the Western Conference team since we are short two teams vs the Eastern Conference.

Socreges

Banned
It would be better if you could take a team in the Western Conference team since we are short two teams vs the Eastern Conference.
Just sent in my request for Buffalo 5 min ago and saw their top players.... I'm attached emotionally now...

Mandate new entrants be WC from now on then. ;)

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Been out all day, gonna accept new teams / trades and then I'll get a VS thread up.

Top Bottom