• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 13 GM Connected Sim League (Xbox 360)

Crazed wouldn't take two top dmen and evander-kane for crosby. :'(

Hey, I have to watch my cap hit with a lot of young guns getting raises for the next season and I don't know if I'm going to have enough money for that. Plus it isn't everyday that you think about getting rid of the best player in the game too. I also wouldn't have any good centers at all if I did the trade.

Socreges

Banned
Any way to know what other teams have offered a player? Does the asking price change based on what offers they've already received?

Some peeps on here are worse than the EA AI for proposing trades. Thanks for the laughs boys! Lol

You're welcome, just seeing who is dumb enough to do the trades and you passed!

Give me Helm for a 7th round pick!!!! (at least I think you are the GM for the Islanders)

Marvie_3

Banned
Some peeps on here are worse than the EA AI for proposing trades. Thanks for the laughs boys! Lol
I proposed an awesome trade to Milly 2 hours ago but he didn't like it. :(

Gonna do the first sim late tonight if that's ok with everybody. For some reason it doesn't look like it'll let me set it to sim 3 days so it might have to be the first 2 weeks before I can change it back.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Hey Marvie, you might wanna edit the link to the versus league in the OP so that instead of your post (which is empty now) it links to the seperate thread.

Marvie_3

Banned
Hey Marvie, you might wanna edit the link to the versus league in the OP so that instead of your post (which is empty now) it links to the seperate thread.

Yeah I'll get to re-editing the OP in a bit.

Gonna sim ahead in about an hour if that's ok with everyone.

Marvie_3

Banned
First sim is done. Wouldn't let me set it to 3 days for this one but the next couple will be 3 days so people can adjust rosters if they need to. Trades and free agents should have gone through. Looks like every team has about 17 guys injured too. :lol

Smiley90

Jesus fuck. My defence got decimated. Who won the Jagr sweepstakes?

EDIT: :lololol Toronto's 29th overall.

Sounds about right. I signed Brunette, Blake and Huskins, no Jagr :(

San Jose signed Jagr, for 4.015?!? I offered way more than that :( i guess he liked San Jose better than Columbus...

I managed to snag most of my depth signings. Konopka, Thornton, Weaver, and most importantly Theodore. Now I won't have to rely on 1b as my backup.

4th place in the west after the first sim, not bad, I figured I would lose pretty much every game, of course now I have 4 injuries which is great (I hate how frequent injuries are in this game and NHL 12). And I hate all of you with open player spots that were able to get free agents. :(

Marvie_3

Banned
Probably gonna do 3 day sims Sunday night and Monday night so people can keep getting trades/free agents done. Then Tuesday we'll start with 2 week sims.

MacAttack

Reports of Jaromir Jagrs' private jet landing in Boston were greatly exaggerated.

Edit: offered Jagr $5.25mil.

The in game guide says it takes into consideration playing time, playoff chances and the 'locker room'.

Socreges

Banned
Wow how is Ottawa not tearing shit up?

Got Arnott and Whitney.

The trade with Smiley was Kulikov+3rd for Jensen+2nd+2nd.

Lines are looking more solid now, but I need to add a better LW...

[fake edit] Just noticed that Kulikov was a -6 through 7 games.... wow. Staal and Lundqvist leading the way, as expected.

Jagr only took $4m?? I guess it was totally random. I actually just offered him $4.2m IIRC.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Hey Marvie, if Dallas is still open I'll take them unless it's too late to signup which is cool.

Smiley90

Wow how is Ottawa not tearing shit up?

Got Arnott and Whitney.

The trade with Smiley was Kulikov+3rd for Jensen+2nd+2nd.

Lines are looking more solid now, but I need to add a better LW...

[fake edit] Just noticed that Kulikov was a -6 through 7 games.... wow. Staal and Lundqvist leading the way, as expected.

Jagr only took $4m?? I guess it was totally random. I actually just offered him $4.2m IIRC.

Karlsson is -7... Through 5 games. :lol

Also, players have team preferences unrelated to salary offered. At least number of players from home country/region are a big factor too, maybe others.

Does San Jose have other eastern european players?

Smiley90

Yeah, now I know why Jagr went to San jose. They have Kubina AND Kaberle, who are both also Czech.

So for future reference: if you have a lot of people from the same country/area as the free agent you want to sign, you have good chances. I offered 4.6...

Top Bottom