• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 13 GM Connected Sim League (Xbox 360)

MacAttack

Solid trade, Mac.

Milly, sent you a PM
Nice doing business with you. Had some depth at D so it was a pretty easy decision.

QX8Aj.gif

Delryk

My team cant score even if their lives depended on it. Trying all sorts of strategy but seems to be useless(prolly EA)..

Atleast Miller is doing sort of good. Lol

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
So.. uh.. after going 4-6-4 to start the season, I went 6-0-0 last period :lol. Curtis Sanford played 2 games in relief of Pavelec... and GOT TWO SHUTOUTS. with only 17 shots combined against him in those 2 games oO. Now I'm in 16th... To make the playoffs or not... trade deadline will be interesting :/

Karlsson with 15 points after 20 games. notbad.jpg. He's also only -5 now. He's my leading scorer :lol

EDIT: I'm still looking for a 1st line RW, if anyone has someone they're willing to part with, let me know who and for what.

Smiley90

Telling me it's advancing to the next schedule period....

Yeah it's telling me that now too.. maybe Marvie's simming twice? I don't actually know... I definitely was able to check inbetween and it had advanced 6 games.

EDIT: It advanced 1 game for me again, weird. I lost. :( MY STREAK IS OVER ALL BECAUSE OF MARVIE. Also, my 4th line center got injured fro 15 games -shrug-

Socreges

Banned
VAN RW T.J. OSHIE will be injured for the next 37 games.

Well fuck. He was 4th in the league in scoring before getting injured, too. Still went 4-2 over the two weeks, though.

Smiley90

VAN RW T.J. OSHIE will be injured for the next 37 games.

Well fuck. He was 4th in the league in scoring before getting injured, too. Still went 4-2 over the two weeks, though.

I'm so glad I haven't had any of those long injuries yet. Longest is 15 games.

Marvie, I don't know about GM Connected, but isn't that an injury-slider in the settings that you can tune down? At least in Be a GM there is, not sure about GM Connected. Injuries are nice and well and test a team's depth, but if everyone gets half-season injuries every few weeks... eeh... If there's no slider though, then we'll just have to adjust :lol

Socreges

Banned
TRADING BLOCK:

Lundqvist G (91)*
Ericsson D (77)
Larose RW (80)
Brouwer RW (78)
Butler RW (75) - 3.5 star yellow

SURPLUS - Centers, 3 star yellow ------- LW, 4 star yellow

NEEDS/WANTS:

LW 18-25 (75+, 4-4.5 star yellow)
Prospects/picks

* Obviously looking for very strong offers

Marvie_3

Banned
That would suck.

Had to tonight. It stopped on Nov 30th and would only let me sim one day on the next sim. Didn't want to waste an entire day for one sim day.

Marvie, I don't know about GM Connected, but isn't that an injury-slider in the settings that you can tune down? At least in Be a GM there is, not sure about GM Connected. Injuries are nice and well and test a team's depth, but if everyone gets half-season injuries every few weeks... eeh... If there's no slider though, then we'll just have to adjust :lol
I have no way to adjust it. Wish I could though. There's way too many injuries. I got decimated during tonights sim

I have to say, my team has been flying since that Heatley trade, I think I went 4-1-1 on this last sim (previous was 5-1) with no major injuries. Probably just jinxed my luck but guess I have to go with it for the time being until they collapse. Also Crosby is first in the league in scoring now, yeah, glad I didn't trade him!!!

Edit: Though for some reason, Marvie's team has my number, only 2 regulation losses in the last 10 games have been to him, oh well, as long as I can keep beating the other teams I guess that is fine.

Cake Boss

Banned
Motherfucking injuries. More injuries to my top 4 guys.

Bieksa, Streight, Robidas and Vanek still mia. They had Elias playing as a top 4 guy, thank you EA.

Marvie_3

Banned
I have to say, my team has been flying since that Heatley trade, I think I went 4-1-1 on this last sim (previous was 5-1) with no major injuries. Probably just jinxed my luck but guess I have to go with it for the time being until they collapse. Also Crosby is first in the league in scoring now, yeah, glad I didn't trade him!!!

Edit: Though for some reason, Marvie's team has my number, only 2 regulation losses in the last 10 games have been to him, oh well, as long as I can keep beating the other teams I guess that is fine.
Detroit has been about the only team Minnesota has beaten lately.

Swance

Neo Member
MALKIN.

CHARA.

POMINVILLE.

HANDZUS.

All this could be yours if The Price is Right™.

It will take A LOT to get Geno

Marvie_3

Banned
Went 5-1-0 on tonight's sim but I lost Alzner for 25+ games. At this rate I'm going to end up signing a bunch of high school kids to fill out my roster by the end of the season.

OH FOR FUCK'S SAKE. IS IT SO HARD TO GO A WEEK WITHOUT AN INJURY?!

HOW THE FUCK DID BERNIER GET INJURED? I PUT THEODORE ON AS THE STARTER FOR THE WEEK. FUCK.

Smiley90

OH FOR FUCK'S SAKE. IS IT SO HARD TO GO A WEEK WITHOUT AN INJURY?!

HOW THE FUCK DID BERNIER GET INJURED? I PUT THEODORE ON AS THE STARTER FOR THE WEEK. FUCK.

LOL.

I just noticed I'm second in the league in goals against. Good job Pavelec!

Well finally got my first long injury and the sim wasn't all that great for me either, I think I went 3-2-1, can't remember exactly what my last record was. Still 3rd in the west though but not a good sim this time around, hopefully the next one goes a little smoother.

Socreges

Banned
Four fresh injuries! Three of them concussions! All unplayable! Fucking 21st century doctors.

Staal sucks without Oshie apparently. He's fallen way back.

Should our guys be developing as we advance? Does that only change during the offseason or is it so incremental after three months that we won't see the difference yet?

Four fresh injuries! Three of them concussions! All unplayable! Fucking 21st century doctors.

Staal sucks without Oshie apparently. He's fallen way back.

Should our guys be developing as we advance? Does that only change during the offseason or is it so incremental after three months that we won't see the difference yet?

In regular GM mode I know players no matter what potential seem to maybe gain a point or two overall as the season nears an end depending on how well they play. Usually though the offseason is when you will see the big reductions or gains by players in terms of their overall rating.

Socreges

Banned
These injuries + these slow ass menus are slowly killing my interest.
Not to mention your sub-.500 record.

And most teams are getting obliterated by injuries, by the way.

The menus are a killer, though. I haven't gotten used to them. I'll keep going for now.

Smiley90

Not to mention your sub-.500 record.

And most teams are getting obliterated by injuries, by the way.

The menus are a killer, though. I haven't gotten used to them. I'll keep going for now.

eh, it's not like you have to go to the menus every day... :D

Top Bottom