• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 13 GM Connected Sim League (Xbox 360)

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
The fuck?

Apologies to mibupe then. No idea why he hasn't been responding to any of my messages.

Btw the trade was

J. Markstrom
J. Schwartz
1st (2013)

For

Z. Parise
S. Scrub

Intense trade. I feel like Soc might've overpaid in that, but we'll see.

Socreges

Banned
Intense trade. I feel like Soc might've overpaid in that, but we'll see.
You only feel that way because you don't see the potential in S. Scrub that I do.

The trade was actually already done at Parise for Markstrom/Schwartz, but I threw in the 1st because my conscience (and another person) told me that a deal like that would probably not go be accepted in real life.

Cake Boss

Banned
:lol I am seriously not meaning to mispell your name, just using the phone keyboard is all.

Milly, are you the one with Mike Green? Something around Bieksa for Green?

Too lazy to check the game again.

Socreges

Banned
Just fyi marvie, my trade with soc has a pick part that will be done on draft day, we just couldn't do it via the phone. If you wonder why it's so lopsided.
I don't think Marvie thinks that much of Brunette.

Conditional picks would be sweet. Next season we should start doing that

Alright guys I'm done for the night, see you on the other side

Swance, mibupe, Smiley, pleasure doing business with you all

Say what now? Looks like you lost that to me at first glance, but... mhmmm. I wanted Kane :(

-I needed D BADLY. Carle gave me D.
-Cole is rated barely lower than Kane
-Macdonald helps me at my gaping RW hole
-First to help build
-Wanted Beach gone
-Slightly above-average prospect

I think it helped both of us out.

Smiley90

is it too late to join?

Nope, there's one team left! Phoenix! They're last atm :)lol), but they have quite a few good players, and we haven't made any trades with them yet so as not to fleece them. If you want it and are down for the long run, jump in! :D

Socreges

Banned
-I needed D BADLY. Carle gave me D.
-Cole is rated barely lower than Kane
-Macdonald helps me at my gaping RW hole
-First to help build
-Wanted Beach gone
-Slightly above-average prospect

I think it helped both of us out.
I think it's a good trade for both sides. Not every trade has a "loser".

Unreal that Dallas' default roster had 15 skaters over 80, plus Luongo as the goalie. For comparison, I had 7. So Red could afford to cough up a few for Kane.

Smiley90

Unreal that Dallas' default roster had 15 skaters over 80, plus Luongo as the goalie. For comparison, I had 7. So Red could afford to cough up a few for Kane.

Look at how many 4star prospects some teams have though. I think Dallas only has very few 4+star prospects, most are old. While you have... what, more than 10 I think?

And he had Thomas before he was traded to me.....

Smiley90

If you're in it for the long haul, it'll be interesting. Phoenix will very likely get the #1 pick which will be MacKinnon. Plus you'd have a lot of very good young players.

You make it sound like that's a given. ;)

sounds good. can you give me until morning. gonna go sleep now
can someone also give me an update on what i should know (i read 1st post)

Socreges

Banned
Look at how many 4star prospects some teams have though. I think Dallas only has very few 4+star prospects, most are old. While you have... what, more than 10 I think?
Three 4 star prospects, one 4.5 star prospect.

Five of my seven 80 guys are '4 star yellows', so they won't get much better, but our league won't live to see them decline either. Believe me, I like my team. I didn't mean to complain about only having seven since I've got youth on my side. I've been able to balance it through trades, too, though I don't have any top players in the pipeline.

That said, Dallas' team is definitely older than the average, but really only a couple of his lot are going to decline below 80 in the next five years. I think the age factor balances things, but I think Dallas is set to be a top team for a while. I'm just shocked by how stacked it is. These teams aren't random either. They're pre-set by EA (they created 100s,IIRC).

Smiley90

Three 4 star prospects, one 4.5 star prospect.

Five of my seven 80 guys are '4 star yellows', so they won't get much better, but our league won't live to see them decline either. Believe me, I like my team. I've been able to balance it through trades, too, though I don't have any top players in the pipeline.

That said, Dallas' team is definitely older than the average, but really only a couple of his lot are going to decline below 80 in the next five years. I think the age factor balances things, but I think Dallas is set to be a top team for a while. I'm just shocked by how stacked it is. These teams aren't random either. They're pre-set by EA (they created 100s,IIRC).

Well, by "prospects" in this case I meant yellows, sorry. As in, still-growing players that have 10 years-ish of good play ahead of them or so. Dallas has more whites, while other teams like you (or me) have way more yellows. So "naturally" a team full of whites is supposed to be more competitive right now, while yellow is more for the future. once those yellows are white, you'll be stacked too. :D

Marvie_3

Banned
Only player on waivers after tonight is Trent Whitfield from Vancouver.

Soccerges, Martin ended up going to TB if you wanna get him back.

These injuries are absolutely killing my team. I basically have one good line and 3 lines of crap. My defense can't stay healthy either.

Socreges

Banned
Well, by "prospects" in this case I meant yellows, sorry. As in, still-growing players that have 10 years-ish of good play ahead of them or so. Dallas has more whites, while other teams like you (or me) have way more yellows. So "naturally" a team full of whites is supposed to be more competitive right now, while yellow is more for the future. once those yellows are white, you'll be stacked too. :D
I do get that. I don't think any future team is going to get close to his 12-13 roster, though.

Marvie_3

Banned
Ok, I feel like a dumbass now. In the menu right under shootout type, there is an option to turn waivers off. Gonna turn them off from now on. Sorry about the mess it caused everyone already. I thought you could only turn them on/off when you first started.

jbvjd2BKq6kTyP.jpg

Smiley90

only 1 guy injured for more than 2 games, and will get 3 players back during the next period. Now here's to hoping it'll stay that way. 1 point out of 8th and 3 points out of 6th in the west. :/ bubbling like crazy. Only 20 games left!

Ok, I feel like a dumbass now. In the menu right under shootout type, there is an option to turn waivers off. Gonna turn them off from now on. Sorry about the mess it caused everyone already. I thought you could only turn them on/off when you first started.

jbvjd2BKq6kTyP.jpg

Mhmmm kinda sad because Waivers are a part of the league, but luckily not a big part and if it's broken it's more of a stress factor anyway. So we can send players up/down as much as we want now? Or when does it start?

Socreges

Banned

jbvjd2BKq6kTyP.jpg
CAT-MOUSE.jpeg

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Pleasure doing business with you, Legit.

Kane is gone. Still open to trades if you send em for others.
Good trade man, I was out all night after I sent the trade, so I had no idea if it was going through or not. I think it worked out for both sides, good doing a trade with you, it came down to the wire and was actually stressful :lol . We'll see how this playoff run go now.

Marvie_3

Banned
Mhmmm kinda sad because Waivers are a part of the league, but luckily not a big part and if it's broken it's more of a stress factor anyway. So we can send players up/down as much as we want now? Or when does it start?
Should be off right now. We could probably turn them back on next year if you guys want but it seems like the injuries are really screwing people as far as waivers go.

That looks like my cat except my cat is a different color and has a different shaped face.

Good trade man, I was out all night after I sent the trade, so I had no idea if it was going through or not. I think it worked out for both sides, good doing a trade with you, it came down to the wire and was actually stressful :lol . We'll see how this playoff run go now.

Yeah, I actually felt under pressure to get it done. Was pretty fun with the back and forth and theh deadline and all. i'm enjoying this mode.

Socreges

Banned
Is there even any point in editing lines since the CPU always does 'best lines' whenever there's an injury (which is almost always)? I guess there might be a couple games each week where they're in effect before someone gets injured and everything's fucked with.

My 'best lines' right now are 100% different than what I'd want.

Also is setting a LW at C (4th line) really bad for chemistry? Seems like RW/LW being switched doesn't affect much, but a winger playing at center probably changes a lot.

Soccerges, Martin ended up going to TB if you wanna get him back.
Swance is a big Martin fan so we worked him into a trade for Burrows. Glad he did end up going to TB and not elsewhere.

Smiley90

Is there even any point in editing lines since the CPU always does 'best lines' whenever there's an injury (which is almost always)? I guess there might be a couple games each week where they're in effect before someone gets injured and everything's fucked with.

My 'best lines' right now are 100% different than what I'd want.

Also is setting a LW at C (4th line) really bad for chemistry? Seems like RW/LW being switched doesn't affect much, but a winger playing at center probably changes a lot.

Swance is a big Martin fan so we worked him into a trade for Burrows. Glad he did end up going to TB and not elsewhere.

Doesn't affect it too much. As long as you don't player forwards as D-men it's not too bad.

Also I think Marvie had 2 days scheduled for the resigning stage. (I'd prefer 3 simmed periods, so we get 3 chances for a good contract, but we'll see). :D So no, you won't lose them. Also, guys, don't forget that qualifying offers are your best friend.

Offer sheets are gonna go crazy cause we all don't care about GM relations... right? :D

And naw Marvie, keep Waivers off, it's really annoying with injuries and having to call Rookies up which turns them waiver-eligible, it sucks.

Top Bottom