• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 13 GM Connected Sim League (Xbox 360)

Socreges

Banned
who has any of the kostitsyns?
also am willing to move lucic for a pure sniper

i gotta rebuild this team bad. got a lot of good pieces but a ton of shit especially in goal

oh and congrats to the habs. at least we can win in virtual hockey
Might be able to help ya. Will be home soon to take a look.

Same with the other trade bait posts. Gotta get home to see what I'm working with exactly.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
who has any of the kostitsyns?
also am willing to move lucic for a pure sniper

i gotta rebuild this team bad. got a lot of good pieces but a ton of shit especially in goal

oh and congrats to the habs. at least we can win in virtual hockey

I got one.

Also, IF Marvie sims early, there's another resign day and I'll just give seguin whatever he wants NOONE IS GETTING HIM. As it is, please dun sim early Marvie. :x

Socreges

Banned
Crazed, what was Schenn asking for?

Love the Gerbe boost. Bizarre trade gets even worse...

And holy shit at Shinkaruk. What pick was he?

I have dibs on Lucic and can't wait to offer sheet Seguin when Smiley can't re-sign him.

I have playmakers galore that can give your team some depth. Team is the Bruins if you want to see if there are any players you're interested in. I don't have (m)any pure snipers but I have 5 or 6 twenty goal scorers. High round draft picks available as well.

Since you're a Habs fan, how would you like to see "The Great Dane" Lars Eller on your roster?

i'll see but not really an eller fan. honestly i really hate the post century habs. i liked the koivu/kovalev era more than the gionta/gomez era

i got mackinnon at 1

Smiley90

Given Phoenix is AI controlled and Shinkaruk was Central Scouting's first pick, I'm pretty sure Spectre won the lottery and moved up from 2nd to 1st. I don't wanna believe the AI would be like tha and not draft him. Someone click on the player and look :p

I'm scared how my cap situation will look like after resigning most players tonight hopefully :/ and what Seguin will ask for...

EDIT: I take that back, but why wouldn't you draft Shinkaruk tag :lol

Given Phoenix is AI controlled and Shinkaruk was Central Scouting's first pick, I'm pretty sure Spectre won the lottery and moved up from 2nd to 1st. I don't wanna believe the AI would be like tha and not draft him. Someone click on the player and look :p

I'm scared how my cap situation will look like after resigning most players tonight hopefully :/ and what Seguin will ask for...

EDIT: I take that back, but why wouldn't you draft Shinkaruk tag :lol

i think i may have flipped them by mistake. i was just as shocked. i remember i was just looking at their stats and then shut my xbox down

the gm connected interface is just screwy. be a gm is a lot more crisp and clear

Smiley90

i think i may have flipped them by mistake. i was just as shocked. i remember i was just looking at their stats and then shut my xbox down

Looking at their stats reverts draft order back to when it was last saved as... Always exit and save draft order before looking at players. Ouch.

Tabris

For some odd reason I couldn't give Alex Pietrelango (sp?) a qualifying offer. It said I had no cap room even though I had $24m in cap room. Bug? Since we're simming the entire week, I may lose him if he doesn't agree to my terms.

For some odd reason I couldn't give Alex Pietrelango (sp?) a qualifying offer. It said I had no cap room even though I had $24m in cap room. Bug? Since we're simming the entire week, I may lose him if he doesn't agree to my terms.

I think it takes into account all the dollars you have offered to other players already, if they all accept there goes your cap space

Smiley90

Tomorrow is another resign day, so if he doesn't agree you can make him another offer tomorrow. Weird that it's not letting you qualify...

Tabris

Ahh. Well I only took 500k off what he wanted so he should accept.

That's great we get another day.

I also got Shane Monnahan which I'm happy with from the draft. Yakupov didn't improve that much in the minors this year, for some reason he's a bit undervalued in NHL 13. Anyone have him in Be a GM? If so how far did he get within 3 years?

Ryan Murray has an insane cap. I traded for him in my Be a GM mode and he turned into an 87 overall player with still 4 stars and a half left after 2 full years (1 year in AHL as top D and 1 year in NHL as top 4 D).

Tabris

Galchenyuk is still in the 60's, do I just leave him in the minors for another season?

Depends on your farm team C's. If he can get 2nd line minutes, pull him up, otherwise leave him down there.

How do you adjust your rosters in GM Connected? I must be blind as I don't see any option.

It also seems to be MUCH faster than before when I was first trying to use it during the beginning of last season.

Depends on your farm team C's. If he can get 2nd line minutes, pull him up, otherwise leave him down there.

How do you adjust your rosters in GM Connected? I must be blind as I don't see any option.

It also seems to be MUCH faster than before when I was first trying to use it during the beginning of last season.

Yaaaa he isn't good enough to unseat Henrique and O'Reilly at the moment, even Colborne is a 78

Galchenyuk is my 5th centre or so

Smiley90

Probably less people playing than at release.

Also it'll be interesting to see if there are any "empty" teams on Wednesday, as in teams with inactive GM's where all players went into UFA, even unqualified RFA's. that'd suck.

And there's a "roster moves" options under GM rosters, but you can't do farmteam lines.

Socreges

Banned
My current calculated cap hit includes the guys that will play in the minors.... so isn't it irrelevant? Aren't you allowed to be over the cap, but have to resolve it before the season begins?

Smiley90

Not in this game. Blame EA.

Yeah, that's one of the more annoying things. I think it's that they're doing it to prevent players from just signing all the good free agents and then sorting out their cap, because that wouldn't work in real life but would probably work in the game. Of course they could just solve it by making it HIGHLY unlikely a free agent signs for a close-to-cap-limit team, but yeah, it's EA. As is, you can never be over the cap. Sucks. Usually you'll end up just signing a few more free agents in October once you can do roster moves and have more cap space again. :p

Also Marvie, I should be home soon, so if you just sim as usual (at like 2am eastern) it should be fine, but let me please make sure I get my stuff in, okay? :/ I'll make sure to post as soon as I'm done.

--> Fuck Alaska Airlines, those cunts cancelled my flight from Portland to Vancouver, so I had to fly via Seattle and was stuck.

Marvie_3

Banned
Yeah, that's one of the more annoying things. I think it's that they're doing it to prevent players from just signing all the good free agents and then sorting out their cap, because that wouldn't work in real life but would probably work in the game. Of course they could just solve it by making it HIGHLY unlikely a free agent signs for a close-to-cap-limit team, but yeah, it's EA. As is, you can never be over the cap. Sucks. Usually you'll end up just signing a few more free agents in October once you can do roster moves and have more cap space again. :p

Also Marvie, I should be home soon, so if you just sim as usual (at like 2am eastern) it should be fine, but let me please make sure I get my stuff in, okay? :/ I'll make sure to post as soon as I'm done.

--> Fuck Alaska Airlines, those cunts cancelled my flight from Portland to Vancouver, so I had to fly via Seattle and was stuck.

I wasn't going to sim until early tomorrow morning anyway. Going to bed soon. You'll have plenty of time.

Smiley90

I wasn't going to sim until early tomorrow morning anyway. Going to bed soon. You'll have plenty of time.

Sweeeeet, thanks. Scared of what Seguin will ask for, but I have like 35 mio of cap space to deal with it.

Socreges

Banned
Not in this game. Blame EA.
So we can't go over the cap... alright.... but please tell me they're not ACTUALLY including the cap hits of my prospects and minor leaguers when showing me my current totals. Which would make zero sense since during the season they don't count those players toward the cap. But it does look like they've done exactly that according to my 'salary cap summary'.

Because then I'd be suddenly fucked. I have ten UFAs and RFAs to sign and only $14m to do it, according to the summary. In reality I have more like $29m since many of my younger/weaker players shouldn't count toward the cap.

Smiley90

So we can't go over the cap... alright.... but please tell me they're not ACTUALLY including the cap hits of my prospects and minor leaguers when showing me my current totals. Which would make zero sense since during the season they don't count those players toward the cap. But it does look like they've done exactly that according to my 'salary cap summary'.

Because then I'd be suddenly fucked. I have ten UFAs and RFAs to sign and only $14m to do it, according to the summary. In reality I have more like $29m since many of my younger/weaker players shouldn't count toward the cap.

During the offseason, all players on one-way contracts count towards the cap, since technically noone is in minors/NHL club... Once the season starts and you do roster moves, then the cap will get adjusted properly.

Younger players (2-way) should NOT count. What might be confusing too is that qualifying offers are included in the salary cap, but don't really show up anywhere. So if you sign those players, the cap hit won't go up as much. (e.g. the cap hit of an RFA with QO of 1mio and you sign him for 1.5 will really only go up/down 0.5 mio).

Socreges

Banned
What might be confusing too is that qualifying offers are included in the salary cap, but don't really show up anywhere. So if you sign those players, the cap hit won't go up as much. (e.g. the cap hit of an RFA with QO of 1mio and you sign him for 1.5 will really only go up/down 0.5 mio).
OK that's why. Makes sense.

Anyone want Ericsson (DFD)? He's become expendable on this team. Would let him go for a pick or prospect.

Smiley90

OK that's why. Makes sense.

Anyone want Ericsson (DFD)? He's become expendable on this team. Would let him go for a pick or prospect.

Also, I looked it up, and you owe me Jacob Graves, 3star D-prospect. You drafted him in the 4th round with your pick. I'll trade you as 7th back for him once trading is back up? :D

Socreges

Banned
Also, I looked it up, and you owe me Jacob Graves, 3star D-prospect. You drafted him in the 4th round with your pick. I'll trade you as 7th back for him once trading is back up? :D
Yep.

I actually did alright in the draft considering that I didn't have a 1st or 2nd (traded for Kulikov and Parise). Two 3.5 prospects.

Socreges

Banned
Dunno if I killed too many brain cells over the weekend, but I can't make sense of this. Just bought out Ericsson's contract for a $1.2m hit. He was a $3.6m cap hit, so that means (?) I freed up $2.4m... But I've now got only about $0.8m more space than I did before, not $2.4m.

This resigning phase has been a mess for me so far. Did day 1 slightly toasted last night and am not totally sure what I offered my RFAs. But I know none of them were impressed.

Smiley90

CBJ resigned Tyler Seguin to an 8-year deal.
-phuh-

Please don't sim before 1am EST tonight Marvie! Some RFA's didn't like my first proposals tzzzzz. But looks like most of my NHL team accepted their deals.

Delryk

You read this thread and its like as if only 3-4 peeps actually still play/cares.

Im losing interest fast but still looking at things... Not much doing in this thing anyway --- other than trading players.. Lol

Socreges

Banned
You read this thread and its like as if only 3-4 peeps actually still play/cares.
Nah I'd say at least 2/3 of us are posting in here and definitely still active while others are active but don't use the thread, but yeah some post a lot more than others. Like me. I'll probably start asking fewer questions from here on out. Really liking this mode, though.

Marvie, are Philly/Pitt/Calgary dead?

Smiley90

Are they the only teams who haven't signed anyone yet? (As in, you looked at their rosters?) Would pobably best to kick them before resigning ends so the AI can resign for them and they won'd be screwed over. If they come back they can always take them over again.

Marvie_3

Banned
Nah I'd say at least 2/3 of us are posting in here and definitely still active while others are active but don't use the thread, but yeah some post a lot more than others. Like me. I'll probably start asking fewer questions from here on out. Really liking this mode, though.

Marvie, are Philly/Pitt/Calgary dead?
Probably. I'm not at home right now so I can't check, but are there any other teams that haven't done anything? If so, I'll remove the GMs when I get home.

Smiley90

Probably. I'm not at home right now so I can't check, but are there any other teams that haven't done anything? If so, I'll remove the GMs when I get home.

You can probably go through the transactions blog and check which teams have players signed, probably the fastest and most accurate way to check? Rosters are slow and don't really show if they've done signings or the players were already signed... I hope there's not too many.

Socreges

Banned
Washington also hasn't resigned anyone, but wsoxfan is doing that right now.

Sanjuro (Pitt) has posted once in this thread and hasn't resigned anyone, so Pittsburgh definitely needs to become AI.

RS4- (Calgary) hasn't posted since 09/16 and hasn't resigned anyone, so he's probably gone.

Zod the Bear (Philly) hasn't posted since 09/15 and hasn't resigned anyone, so he's probably gone, too.

All other teams have already been active in resigning, I'm pretty sure.

27/30. Not bad.

Sanjuro

If there is someone else looking for a team feel free.

I like the idea of the mode, but it's incredibly tedious to get things done or it simply doesn't work. I tried making a few deals this season, no idea what worked and didn't work.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016

Im losing interest fast but still looking at things... Not much doing in this thing anyway --- other than trading players.. Lol
Smiley cares about this mode more then the other 29 people combined, so it makes up for anyone else not posting.

Socreges

Banned
Yeah quit hating on Smiley. Even if he uhhhhhhhh sometimes ummmm treats people like errrr idiots for uhhh not knowing every detail of Connected.

It's not that someone wants your team. It's that you have guys to resign and it won't happen automatically. If you do nothing (or we don't hand it over to the AI), your roster is going to be wrecked (and all your players will flood the market).

Milly79

I think youre the only one who got my post.. ;)

NodOfAgreementGif.gif

Milly79

Leino actually preformed pretty well last year. It's just the cap hit I do not want to deal with. Thought about buying him out, but that would leave me with around $4m to mess with. My team is pretty high near the cap, yet I don't see them as a cup contender.

Marvie_3

Banned
Washington also hasn't resigned anyone, but wsoxfan is doing that right now.

Sanjuro (Pitt) has posted once in this thread and hasn't resigned anyone, so Pittsburgh definitely needs to become AI.

RS4- (Calgary) hasn't posted since 09/16 and hasn't resigned anyone, so he's probably gone.

Zod the Bear (Philly) hasn't posted since 09/15 and hasn't resigned anyone, so he's probably gone, too.

All other teams have already been active in resigning, I'm pretty sure.

27/30. Not bad.

Alright. I'll PM those two and see if they're in or out. Thanks for checking.

I like the idea of the mode, but it's incredibly tedious to get things done or it simply doesn't work. I tried making a few deals this season, no idea what worked and didn't work.

If you don't want to play, just bail from the league. That way the CPU can take over and not have the team get screwed.

Top Bottom