• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 13 GM Connected Sim League (Xbox 360)

Socreges

Banned
2-2

Two losses to LA of course and two OT wins. Two injuries. Two CPU teams leading the conferences.

So we're at zero scouting right now. Under WHL forwards there are four projected to go in the first round. One with 2.5 yellow stars, one with 4.5 yellow stars, three with 5 red stars and one with 2.5 green stars. Why is a guy with a 2.5 potential (green = fairly accurate) projected to go in the first round? D. Primeau, for reference.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
2-2

Two losses to LA of course and two OT wins. Two injuries. Two CPU teams leading the conferences.

So we're at zero scouting right now. Under WHL forwards there are four projected to go in the first round. One with 2.5 yellow stars, one with 4.5 yellow stars, three with 5 red stars and one with 2.5 green stars. Why is a guy with a 2.5 potential (green = fairly accurate) projected to go in the first round? D. Primeau, for reference.

Because we're at zero scouting? I'm pretty sure there were guys with 3stars in the top10 at the beginning of last scouting too :p

Scouting as is seems kinda useless anyway though, because Draft Priority seems to give you the CORRECT potential for ALL players anyway, so whatever your scouting says is kinda... pointless... All it's good for is to see what day1-stats they'll have, but that's about it... :lol (e.g. Shinkaruk was predicted to be 4.5 by scouts, but draft priority listed him as 5, and he's really 5)

Socreges

Banned
Do I have to stop asking questions so I don't have to suffer your answers, Smiley? Not sure how you manage to sound so snarky and sure of yourself while somehow not addressing my question.

Smiley90

Do I have to stop asking questions so I don't have to suffer your answers, Smiley? Not sure how you manage to sound so snarky and sure of yourself while somehow not addressing my question.

Uh, I wasn't trying, again, sorry. No idea why you take everything the wrong way. But okay Milly and everyone here, you win, I'll now totally stop answering questions, fair enough.

No idea where you're getting my snarkyness from, I guess my past history of always posting in the same style wasn't indicative enough. No idea this was meant to be such a serious thread where people get offended so easily... Esp when I wasn't even trying to offend anyone, w/e.

Socreges

Banned
I'm honestly just surprised by how often you field my questions (always) and begin your post (sometimes) with "Uhhhh", "Ummm" or something like the above (twisting my words back on me as if I couldn't see the obvious answer) while not actually addressing what I said.

Anyway, no more tears need to be shed. I'm pretty sure I've just achieved complete knowledge of all things GM Connected. Your dutiful service to my inquisitiveness has been appreciated.

MGS_25_2.jpg

Tabris

I sent you a trade offer Marvie. I think it benefits the both of us. Me, my need to have a Sedin, you, getting some 4 star and 4 1/2 star players in positions that you are less loaded on than LW.

Plus DSedin is about to cost you 7.5m-8m next year.

Dang it!

2-3 when I only had 4 games scheduled to start the season, stupid EA. On top of that W. Mitchell who was my 3rd pairing shutdown guy is now out for 47 games. So once again, screw you EA (Hjalmarsson is also out but only for 3 games). Throw on top of that I had a 8-1 loss to Phoenix of all teams, I mean really? Anyways most of my top players are big time negatives in the +/- category. Hopefully this is just start of the season rust that will get played off. I refuse to believe this team which is better than my team last year can't make the playoffs. If not changes will be coming, speaking of which I have Wheeler on the trading block now for anyone interested.

Also Marvie: Carolina who is AI controlled offered me a trade that I accepted which was somewhat lopsided.

They offered me their 2015 1st for one of my young unsigned rookies and a 2014 2nd. I accepted it because I liked it and because they were the ones that offered it, not me. I think that should be alright but if it isn't, just cancel it.

Dang it!

2-3 when I only had 4 games scheduled to start the season, stupid EA. On top of that W. Mitchell who was my 3rd pairing shutdown guy is now out for 47 games. So once again, screw you EA (Hjalmarsson is also out but only for 3 games). Throw on top of that I had a 8-1 loss to Phoenix of all teams, I mean really? Anyways most of my top players are big time negatives in the +/- category. Hopefully this is just start of the season rust that will get played off. I refuse to believe this team which is better than my team last year can't make the playoffs. If not changes will be coming, speaking of which I have Wheeler on the trading block now for anyone interested.

Also Marive: Carolina who is AI controlled offered me a trade that I accepted which was somewhat lopsided.

They offered me their 2015 1st for one of my young unsigned rookies and a 2014 2nd. I accepted it because I liked it and because they were the ones that offered it, not me. I think that should be alright but if it isn't, just cancel it.

Ouch, I only have Bogosian out for 7 games

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Checking the app, Stars went 2-1-1 which surprises me since I have no idea who's on my 3rd and 4th lines or my 3rd D pairing.

Socreges

Banned
Dang it!

Also Marvie: Carolina who is AI controlled offered me a trade that I accepted which was somewhat lopsided.

Which rookie?

IMO it's the same thing as sending a lopsided trade their way. We shouldn't be profiting off their stupidity.

Which rookie?

IMO it's the same thing as sending a lopsided trade their way. We shouldn't be profiting off their stupidity.

One I just drafted. I accepted because usually the AI gives you horrible trade offers as in they are never good in your favor. I see it as they offered it to me, but as I said, if Marvie doesn't approve of it, then cancel it. I just wasn't going to pass it up.

Socreges

Banned
One I just drafted. I accepted because usually the AI gives you horrible trade offers as in they are never good in your favor. I see it as they offered it to me, but as I said, if Marvie doesn't approve of it, then cancel it. I just wasn't going to pass it up.
3-star rookie + 2nd for a 1st.... yeah that's horrible on it's own. Not to mention that Carolina's pick could be very good. And your 2nd will probably be among the worst.

3-star rookie + 2nd for a 1st.... yeah that's horrible on it's own. Not to mention that Carolina's pick could be very good. And your 2nd will probably be among the worst.

It is next years 1st, so it could or could not, as I said they offered it and I just accepted. Lopsided, yes, but whatever.

Red_Man

I've got a bit of a Cap issue, so I need to move a player or two. Cammalleri, Briere, Doan, Burrows, Fisher, and picks / prospects are available.

Marvie_3

Banned
Super insulting trade. A 1st round pick and Ryan. Ryan will have a higher score than sedin in 3 years and has a higher trade value. I at least matched trade values.
No you didn't. Yours wasn't even fucking close. You wanna talk insulting, if you'd offered me your trade in person, I'd have punched you in the face.

Red_Man

Marvie, how could you

That Burrows contract, Red... gat damn
I thought people were going to overpay him, and at the time the game said I had the cap space. Come season start Pronger is starting in the minors. Good times all around.

Tabris

No you didn't. Yours wasn't even fucking close. You wanna talk insulting, if you'd offered me your trade in person, I'd have punched you in the face.

White bars matched up. CPU would have accepted my deal and refused yours where the white bars were way higher on my side.

Marvie_3

Banned
White bars matched up. CPU would have accepted my deal and refused yours where the white bars were way higher on my side.
That means absolutely nothing in this game. Also, the white bars are set by the game, not by me. Your trade wasn't even close.

Marvie_3

Banned
6-0-0 on tonight's sim. 3 more injuries but they weren't to anybody important.

Sedin with 15 points in 10 games already. Looks like I'll hang onto him instead. Tabris can keep Bobby Ryan and his 6 points.

2-8-1

Shiiiit, if this keeps up Gaborik is going on the trading block.........fucking Dubnyk

And the AI put Frolov on D.........$%@#@%^

Smiley90

Went 3-2-1, now 5-4-1 in total. only Kostitsyn got injured. Not too bad. Still 8th in the West... this is gonna be the exact same thing as last season, isn't it? :/ My second line is beasting it, Anisimov and Galiardi are my point leaders with 11 and 10 points in 10 games respectively. Seguin still with only 6...

Socreges

Banned
Ouch. Mueller out 45 games. O'Sullivan out 42 games. Boedker got injured and was gone for all 5 games, but is back. Two long-term injuries at forward is really going to hurt since now any time someone else is injured I'll have scrubs filling in.

Had the 2nd or 3rd best PP in the league last year. Worst in the league right now and all of my players are the same as before (except improved). Lundqvist is also struggling after being a top 3 goalie last season. But it's early... and my team is still winning games somehow.

BTW Marvie did you not realize that you've got McDonagh in the minors and would otherwise be over the cap?

Marvie_3

Banned
Ouch. Mueller out 45 games. O'Sullivan out 42 games. Boedker got injured and was gone for all 5 games, but is back. Two long-term injuries at forward is really going to hurt since now any time someone else is injured I'll have scrubs filling in.

Had the 2nd or 3rd best PP in the league last year. Worst in the league right now and all of my players are the same as before (except improved). Lundqvist is also struggling after being a top 3 goalie last season. But it's early... and my team is still winning games somehow.

BTW Marvie did you not realize that you've got McDonagh in the minors and would otherwise be over the cap?
News to me. CPU must have done that. I had my lines set up before the first sim with him in it. I'll have to go in and adjust my lines.

Edit: Stupid fucking AI roster adjustments. It put McDonagh down in the minors, called up Granlund, Granlund got hurt, and now I can't put him back in the minors.

Awesome. There's also a 62 overall guy on my roster that's hurt that I can't send down either.

Edit 2: Granlund is hurt for 35 fucking games. FUCK YOU AI ROSTER MOVES
iWFnpcbcSALEq.gif

Marvie_3

Banned
Granlund would be on LTIR so there's no use in sending him down anyhow.

There is no LTIR in this game. I have zero fucking cap space for the first half of the season because of this stupid fucking AI. I can't call anyone up and I can't even send anyone down.

iWFnpcbcSALEq.gif
iWFnpcbcSALEq.gif
iWFnpcbcSALEq.gif
iWFnpcbcSALEq.gif
iWFnpcbcSALEq.gif
iWFnpcbcSALEq.gif

Socreges

Banned
Nah, there has to be LTIR. Mueller is injured for half the season and my cap space is now at $6m while it was ~$2m before (of course it'll go back to $2m when Mueller returns). LTIR is why you're at $2.42m in space and not ~$0, because Granlund ($2.1m) was brought up and then went onto LTIR.

Seems like you were tight to the cap and didn't have any scratched players to slot in, so the AI pulled up a few guys from the minors (both replacement and non-LTIR injuried players would count against the cap) and put you over the cap. They then sent down one player to make you immediately compliant.

I think.

Can anyone let me know what my record is and where I am in the west standings? I won't be able to check until late tonight.

I was 2-3 last sim, hoping the team got it into gear but somehow I doubt it.

MacAttack

Can anyone let me know what my record is and where I am in the west standings? I won't be able to check until late tonight.

I was 2-3 last sim, hoping the team got it into gear but somehow I doubt it.
Detroit is 5-4.

Boston is rolling with a 6-1-1 record and averaging 4.5 Goals per game. Just got to keep the old timers healthy.

Cake Boss

Banned
Oh wow 1st in the east with a weaker lineup this season. I think I figured out what was wrong with the team. I will see how long it lasts.

Might be willing to go away with Callahan and some of my top 4 dman because of the depth there for a 1st line RWer if available. I heard Gaborik name up there.

Detroit is 5-4.

Boston is rolling with a 6-1-1 record and averaging 4.5 Goals per game. Just got to keep the old timers healthy.

So I went 3-1 then this last sim, much better than the first one, but still the teams needs to get going, I just hope I don't have any huge injuries when I check later today. Also Jonsson I may have an interest in Gaborik if he might be on the block with your teams performance.

So I went 3-1 then this last sim, much better than the first one, but still the teams needs to get going, I just hope I don't have any huge injuries when I check later today. Also Jonsson I may have an interest in Gaborik if he might be on the block with your teams performance.

Gaborik has an 8 million cap hit but is a UFA at the end of the season

Gaborik has an 8 million cap hit but is a UFA at the end of the season

At the moment I'm not too sure who I would give up, only one of some value is Wheeler (was close to a point per game player last season), I want to see how this next sim goes and then maybe I might see if we can work something out.

Also my team is doing fine except for Crosby, kid has 20 PIM on the team (I think the most) and only 4 points, he better step it up, he is on pretty much the exact same line. If he starts actually playing then I think the team will start doing better.

At the moment I'm not too sure who I would give up, only one of some value is Wheeler (was close to a point per game player last season), I want to see how this next sim goes and then maybe I might see if we can work something out.

Also my team is doing fine except for Crosby, kid has 20 PIM on the team (I think the most) and only 4 points, he better step it up, he is on pretty much the exact same line. If he starts actually playing then I think the team will start doing better.

We'll see, I would want a first round draft pick for sure if I do put him on the market

Top Bottom