• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 13 GM Connected Sim League (Xbox 360)

We'll see, I would want a first round draft pick for sure if I do put him on the market

Totally, I would be willing to part with one, take a look at my roster if you want (Wheeler is on the block for sure, though who else I don't know at the moment), and we'll see tomorrow then if my guys and yours don't turn it around here.

Totally, I would be willing to part with one, take a look at my roster if you want (Wheeler is on the block for sure, though who else I don't know at the moment), and we'll see tomorrow then if my guys and yours don't turn it around here.

I'm trying one move first, it'll take a day or two to see if it works out

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I don't understand how you can stay up until 2am/3am every night before simming Marvie, I'd just sleep during lectures the next morning if I did that. Oh wait, I do that too, never mind, carry on. (But I don't think anyone would object to simming slightly earlier than 1am PST? :p Apart from maybe Resigning stage/offseason where every minute more is essential). Might just be me though. :D

Marvie_3

Banned
I don't understand how you can stay up until 2am/3am every night before simming Marvie, I'd just sleep during lectures the next morning if I did that. Oh wait, I do that too, never mind, carry on. (But I don't think anyone would object to simming slightly earlier than 1am PST? :p Apart from maybe Resigning stage/offseason where every minute more is essential). Might just be me though. :D

ibj41wnOfq8Qk7.gif

I love the AI

They put umberger and macarthur on the top line and dropped kovy and gaborik to the 2nd line.....the fuck

I signed Corey Crawford, anyone want Dubnyk? Can I throw him in the minors where he can hopefully get hit by a bus?

I signed Crawford for less than what Dubnyk is making.........

Socreges

Banned
2-4-1. Lundqvist, Brouwer and Byfuglien injured, though not for long. Still confident that this team can turn it around. Would help if the AI stopped putting Leddy on the PP instead of Kulikov. My PP has been horrible and the only difference has been the lack of Kulikov.

Jonsson, just make a 'waivers' post and anyone who wants to claim Dubnyk can trade with you and do a 7th for 7th trade.

Cake Boss

Banned
That means quite a bit, coming from someone who calls hockey players hitler on twitter. How high is your horse, exactly? Whatever.

Smiley I am trying to help you here.

Here comes the Vanek injuries, also still trying to figure out why my team gets the least amount of power play oppertunities and the most times shorthanded.

Hopefully my team picked up the pace and that Crosby actully did something besides taking penalty minutes, if I see they didn't when I get home later, there will be changes!!!

Revenant

that points leaders board is very interesting...

good start

though Mike smith is out over 1/4 of the season with what I can only assume is the bubonic plague.

Wow, my team must have heard me when I said I was going to gut them if they didn't pick it up. 6-0 this last sim. However, I just want to get in another SCREW YOU EA and their injury system. Wheeler is now out for 30 games as well and Viz for only 7. But really EA? Another 30+ game injury? Ugh... So I guess that means I probably won't go for Gaby, would love to have him but my guy I wanted to trade is injured and I don't know who else I want to give up.

PS: Crosby picked it up and decided to put up points and not just penalty minutes. Next one that needs to step it up is my top D man, Shattenkirk.

the high flying coyotes will take the cup. kane, lucic and duchene tearing it up...
just need a more solid d. at least i fixed my bottom 6. not sure why higher ranked players were in the minor/

Socreges

Banned
Huh.

With Lundqvist, Parise, Boedker, Mueller and O'Sullivan out, Leclaire led the Canucks to a 5-1 record through the two weeks. Really glad I got him as my backup. Gustavsson would have helped me secure that #1 pick, though.

Staal has been terrible. 9 points, I think. He was leading the league at this point last season.

These sims have been so random. Apparently injury-depleted roster is best roster.

Marvie_3 said:
2nd in the conference only because Reimer is the best goalie in the league somehow
Reimer's the best goalie for the same reason that your boy Stalock is .934 through 11 games..... it's early.

Huh.

With Lundqvist, Parise, Boedker, Mueller and O'Sullivan out, Leclaire led the Canucks to a 5-1 record through the two weeks. Really glad I got him as my backup. Gustavsson would have helped me secure that #1 pick, though.

Staal has been terrible. 9 points, I think. He was leading the league at this point last season.

These sims have been so random. Apparently injury-depleted roster is best roster.Reimer's the best goalie for the same reason that your boy Stalock is .934 through 11 games..... it's early.

Yeah, their sim engine has always been funky. I mean there should be some randomness to it, but there needs to be some consistency too at least with teams that are actually good and bad. Unfortunately I don't think consistency is in EA's dictionary of terms.

Smiley90

Huh.

These sims have been so random. Apparently injury-depleted roster is best roster.

Reimer's the best goalie for the same reason that your boy Stalock is .934 through 11 games..... it's early.

My roster is nearly injury-free and I went 2-4-1 this sim, dropped to 25th. Damn. Not sure what's wrong, I'll have to login and take a closer look. On paper my players' stats aren't even that terrible, Karlsson is a plus this season oo. Seguin only has 16 points but is picking it up, Kessel finally passed Anisimov for the point lead... Mhmmmmm gonna have to shake things up and see how it goes.

Also, Winnipeg 3rd in the east with 27 points? Dat Southeast.

Marvie_3

Banned
My roster is nearly injury-free and I went 2-4-1 this sim, dropped to 25th. Damn. Not sure what's wrong, I'll have to login and take a closer look. On paper my players' stats aren't even that terrible, Karlsson is a plus this season oo. Seguin only has 16 points but is picking it up, Kessel finally passed Anisimov for the point lead... Mhmmmmm gonna have to shake things up and see how it goes.

You're Columbus.

rofl....ouch....7-16-1 now

Bogosian out for 22
O'Reilly dtd
Henrique out for 5
Gaborik out for 7

Hopefully I can draft someone who is ready to play next season and Galchenyuk reaches his potential fast

Smiley90

rofl....ouch....7-16-1 now

Bogosian out for 22
O'Reilly dtd
Henrique out for 5
Gaborik out for 7

Hopefully I can draft someone who is ready to play next season and Galchenyuk reaches his potential fast

Watch Phoenix win and Montreal be last place this season.... EA.

Cake Boss

Banned

Also, Winnipeg 3rd in the east with 27 points? Dat Southeast.

Yeah that Karlsson guy sucks, get rid of him.

Another good sim 4-1-1, but of course Crosby went back to his penalty taking ways and only had 2 points I think. Meanwhile Gerbe is just going crazy right now, team needs to keep it up.

Socreges

Banned
5-1-1. Lundqvist with 3 shutouts in his return from injury. I actually toyed with the idea of going with the hot hand and leaving Leclaire in net... glad I didn't.

Offense is still terrible. Byfuglien and Leddy are my top scorers.

Smiley90

Seguin has been underperforming, so I put him on the second line to give Anisimov some credit for scoring great... and then Seguin injures himself out of frustration for 5 weeks. Good job buddy. Also went 2-5-0. Mhmmmm. mhm.

Cake Boss

Banned
Got too much D and RWers.

Need LW and C.

I am going to be sliding down in the standings now because of injuries and other teams catching up in GP.

theRizzle

Seeing as neither Johnson or Doughty are playing very well this year and we have Ryan Ellis and Morgan Rielly in the system, I am looking to move Doughty mostly, but Johnson could go instead/also.

Looking for NHL Defensive D and wingers player-wise, but I'm also interested in good prospects and 1sts. I will entertain any reasonable offers.

Top Bottom