• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 13 GM Connected Sim League (Xbox 360)

That's apparently the story with every team w/ a good prospect goalie. Are they untradeable then even if CPU wants to trade them?

I have an old bad goalie, no G prospects, and a shitty team from the random draw. What the hell am I supposed to do? I'm trying to trade away my top 4 player.

im in a similar boat. gonna have to draft one i guess. wouldnt trade a player for a goalie ever though

Socreges

Banned
'Goalies of the future' are not something you acquire by snapping your fingers in real life, so why should they be automatic in the game? Just because they're there doesn't mean they're tradeable. But look at GAF teams with goalie prospects and start talking trades. Be open to 4star prospects, too. See what their price is. OR look to the next draft where there's a 4.5star (white) projected goalie who might have to be your first pick.

I'm glad that Marvie is guarding CPU teams. The trades you guys are proposing (and receiving, through no fault of your own) are way too sketchy.

Socreges

Banned
Of course you're happy, your guys' teams are stacked with both good goalies and good forwards/defensemen.
You don't agree that we shouldn't be able to take players from CPU teams that no reasonable GM would ever trade?

And I don't think you got such a raw deal with your roster. You just need to quit bitching and start shopping more effectively.

Yay, 4 of my top 6 defensemen are out!! :D ........ Stupid EA

Marvie is catching back up for first with only 1 point behind me but has played 1 more game.

Of course you're happy, your guys' teams are stacked with both good goalies and good forwards/defensemen.

You need to learn how to properly pull off a good old fashion CrazedArab fleecing! You can buy my book for only $99 dollars and it will tell you everything you need to know. Also includes a bonus section featuring Soc and how not to trade for Crosby (ex: 5 7th round picks for Crosby :p)

Marvie_3

Banned
'Goalies of the future' are not something you acquire by snapping your fingers in real life, so why should they be automatic in the game? Just because they're there doesn't mean they're tradeable. But look at GAF teams with goalie prospects and start talking trades. Be open to 4star prospects, too. See what their price is. OR look to the next draft where there's a 4.5star (white) projected goalie who might have to be your first pick.

I'm glad that Marvie is guarding CPU teams. The trades you guys are proposing (and receiving, through no fault of your own) are way too sketchy.

Basically this.

Marvie is catching back up for first with only 1 point behind me but has played 1 more game.
Arab.....

ilrBL6NusT6au.gif

I'm coming to get you.

Tabris

You don't agree that we shouldn't be able to take players from CPU teams that no reasonable GM would ever trade?

If the Dallas stars were offered LeBlanc + Hornquist for Campbell right now in the IRL NHL, they would 100% take that deal. For the fake NJ, Kippursoff also has a couple years left in him and they have Steve Wedgewood also as a 4 star prospect goalie.

Marvie_3

Banned
If the Dallas stars were offered LeBlanc + Hornquist for Campbell right now in the IRL NHL, they would 100% take that deal. Kippursoff also has a couple years left in him and they have Steve Wedgewood also as a prospect goalie.
No they wouldn't.

Tabris

No they wouldn't.

Here's an IRL example.

Anders Lindback, a huge promising goalie right now, was traded to Tampa Bay for 2x 2nd round selections + 3rd round pick + Sebastian Caron (Kyle Wilson went to Tampa Bay also)

IRL, Anders Lindback is worth more than Jack Campbell.

Tabris

So can you actually define some rules then? Instead of just making up rules as I send trade offers? What's the actual value if we can't go based on the game's value?

Because until then, there's going to be no trades happening in this league. I've only seen a couple actually happen.

So far all I see is I can't trade for 4.5 prospects, I can't trade for draft picks, and my non-1st round draft picks aren't worth anything. What other rules you got?

Marvie_3

Banned
So can you actually define some rules then? Instead of just making up rules as I send trade offers? What's the actual value if we can't go based on the game's value?

Because until then, there's going to be no trades happening in this league as I've only seen a couple actually happen.

So far all I see is I can't trade for 4.5 prospects, I can't trade for draft picks, and my non-1st round draft picks aren't worth anything.

What rules am I making up? I said at the very beginning that trades with the CPU were going to be heavily scrutinized. I'm not letting the CPU get taken advantage of whether it's a human proposal or a CPU proposal. Sorry your goalie sucks but you've had a season and a half to trade, draft, or sign one.

http://i.imgur.com/SDlok.gif[IMG]

I'll be waiting....[/QUOTE]

That's why I'm going to strike when you least expect it:

[IMG]http://i.minus.com/ipWsUXxg2R6HL.gif

Tabris

What rules am I making up? I said at the very beginning that trades with the CPU were going to be heavily scrutinized. I'm not letting the CPU get taken advantage of whether it's a human proposal or a CPU proposal. Sorry your goalie sucks but you've had a season and a half to trade, draft, or sign one.

1) No one is willing to trade for any players on my team (because it sucks) except Bobby Ryan which would screw my team over the future.

2) Draft? There was no goalies around my draft spot in the 1st round.

3) Sign? I have a goalie that I have to wait until his contract is over to sign another, which is why I am looking for a prospect.

You still can't explain how my trade isn't fair. It wasn't taking advantage of the CPU as it benefited him more in terms of trade value, and total overall rating/prospect rating.

That's why I'm going to strike when you least expect it:

http://i.minus.com/ipWsUXxg2R6HL.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

Not if I strike first before you are ready.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/PnlwG.gif

Marvie_3

Banned
1) No one is willing to trade for any players on my team (because it sucks) except Bobby Ryan which would screw my team over the future.

2) Draft? There was no goalies around my draft spot in the 1st round.

3) Sign? I have a goalie that I have to wait until his contract is over to sign another, which is why I am looking for a prospect.

You still can't explain how my trade isn't fair. It wasn't taking advantage of the CPU as it benefited him more in terms of trade value, and total overall rating/prospect rating.

1) So you're worried about your team being screwed over in the future but don't realize you'd be screwing another team over in the future. You can bitch all you want but sometimes you have to give up things to get other things.

2) Did you try trading up in the draft? Of course not.

Let me explain why its not fair. A team isn't going to give up one of the best goalie prospects out there for a spare winger and an average prospect. As Swance pointed out, their starting goalie is about to die of old age. There's not fucking way they'd give up a top goalie prospect in that situation. End of explanation.

Tabris

1) The difference is I'm currently screwed for the now and a bit of the future. I would be benefiting a team's now for their future. That's the only way I can trade. I can't trade someone like Bobby Ryan for players of the now because my team sucks and doesn't stand a chance except for high draft picks and lucking out in a couple years. EDIT - I'm talking in generals before I send other trade offers to other teams for non-goalies as apparently I can't get any prospect goalies.

Why do you keep calling LeBlanc an average prospect? His trade value is my 4th highest and he was a first round pick. If he's an average prospect, that means except for 3 players, my entire team is average or worse. How the fuck am I supposed to do anything with that if you undervalue my players as average when the game values them higher?

trading block update:

willing to part with lucic and streit.

want back: a 1st or 2nd line forward (preferably sniper), a defensive d (top 3), or a high draft pick

my team is hovering around 8th place. offense is good but they are slacking on d.
im sure streit and lucic can help some teams out, willing to part with more assets if the right pieces comes back my way

and who has kovalchuk? i think we should discuss trades lol

Socreges

Banned
You need to learn how to properly pull off a good old fashion CrazedArab fleecing! You can buy my book for only $99 dollars and it will tell you everything you need to know. Also includes a bonus section featuring Soc and how not to trade for Crosby (ex: 5 7th round picks for Crosby :p)
I still think it's a good deal. The trade value bars were almost equal!

If the Dallas stars were offered LeBlanc + Hornquist for Campbell right now in the IRL NHL, they would 100% take that deal. For the fake NJ, Kippursoff also has a couple years left in him and they have Steve Wedgewood also as a 4 star prospect goalie.
Wedgewood is 3.5. And Kiprusoff has a couple years left, yes.... so that Campbell can take over the helm while he's ready.

Here's an IRL example.

Anders Lindback, a huge promising goalie right now, was traded to Tampa Bay for 2x 2nd round selections + 3rd round pick + Sebastian Caron (Kyle Wilson went to Tampa Bay also)

IRL, Anders Lindback is worth more than Jack Campbell.
Lindback is not a '4.5' goalie. He doesn't have the same potential in real life that Campbell has in this game. More importantly, Nashville has a 29-year-old Rinne signed through 2019 and Lindback had no future on that team.

Because until then, there's going to be no trades happening in this league. I've only seen a couple actually happen.

So far all I see is I can't trade for 4.5 prospects, I can't trade for draft picks, and my non-1st round draft picks aren't worth anything. What other rules you got?
Plenty of trades have happened. Especially during the offseason and trade deadline. I've probably made a dozen trades alone.

Again, post your trading block here and on Connected (message page) on a regular basis and someone will bite. It's worked for me. I also message specific people about their players.

Again, NJD wouldn't trade their only strong goalie prospect while their starting goalie was nearing retirement. Don't know if the fairness is up to snuff either.

Now.... hush.

Socreges

Banned
Up to 5th in the West. Won't be catching Minnesota. But my offense has finally gotten going, looks like.

22-8-5 after the first few sims. Not bad.

trading block update:

willing to part with lucic and streit.

want back: a 1st or 2nd line forward (preferably sniper), a defensive d (top 3), or a high draft pick

my team is hovering around 8th place. offense is good but they are slacking on d.
im sure streit and lucic can help some teams out, willing to part with more assets if the right pieces comes back my way

and who has kovalchuk? i think we should discuss trades lol

I do, and you'd have to knock my socks off, he is under contract forever at a very good cap hit

I stand by that Sergey Bure and a 1st round pick next year is a good price for Sven Baertschi. Don't deny it when the stars align Marvie and Sven wants to come home.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I stand by that Sergey Bure and a 1st round pick next year is a good price for Sven Baertschi. Don't deny it when the stars align Marvie and Sven wants to come home.

Check out what human asking prices for 4.5star prospects are. Then extrapolate for what Calgary would ask from you/ what you'd ask for a 4.5star prospect.

He's unhappy with Feaster since Jarome left and wants out, dropping his value.

Alright, need a strong 1st line left winger. Might be a bit early but any sellers check out my lineup.

MacAttack

The other G prospect I was trying to get was M.Subban but I sent 3 separate trade offers for him and they either got missed, refused or denied.
I didn't see any of those offers but Subban is not going anywhere. If you want to trade with my team in the future you'll have better luck messaging me on GAF. I've made two trades and have discussed trades with 5 or 6 teams.

Socreges

Banned
You will once the injuries start to hit my team.
I've been waiting for the other shoe to drop on your team all season, mang. It ain't happening. Stajan and Schlemko* are the real deal.

My guys are almost done with their half-season injuries, though. But 13 points would be hard to make up.

Trading block:

(C, PLY) P. Mueller - 83 ovr - 4 star yellow - 25 years old - $4.685 x 4 years

Want: RW/LW (1st or 2nd line)... would prefer RW...

* would make good names in a buddy cop movie

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Looking to dump Fisher, Cammalleri, Burrows, Pronger, and Doan. Looking for young players / picks.

Smiley90

I still have Brule (26 year 79 SNP C), Clarkson (29y 80 RW GRN) and Smid (27y 81 DFD) to give away to a good home for picks/prospects too.

Alright

I'm trading Gaborik

Looking for a prospect + a first

Screw it, let's work something out, Marvie is going to pass me this next sim for sure since my team is kinda coasting right now, Crosby keeps getting penalties while also putting up points. My PK and PP suck something fierce, yet I'm still first in the league. If we do something though, some cap will need to go back your way. Send me a PM if interested.

Looking to dump Fisher, Cammalleri, Burrows, Pronger, and Doan. Looking for young players / picks.

Alright

I'm trading Gaborik

Looking for a prospect + a first

check my team out. im interested. ea is being a bitch at the moment. draft picks are available

surprisingly im top 6 in the west. offense is tearing it but d sucks. need more offense to counter shitty d.
streit is available. so is lucic.

Getting plenty of offers for Gaborik, and I'm not taking cap space back unless it makes sense, Gaborik is off the books at the end of this season

Marvie_3

Banned
Screw it, let's work something out, Marvie is going to pass me this next sim for sure since my team is kinda coasting right now, Crosby keeps getting penalties while also putting up points. My PK and PP suck something fierce, yet I'm still first in the league. If we do something though, some cap will need to go back your way. Send me a PM if interested.
wat. I lost 3 points to you in 3 games in the last sim.

Smiley90

check my team out. im interested. ea is being a bitch at the moment. draft picks are available

surprisingly im top 6 in the west. offense is tearing it but d sucks. need more offense to counter shitty d.
streit is available. so is lucic.

Let me know if you want someone depth or so from my team for picks, I've written off making the playoffs this season.

Socreges

Banned
Went 5-0 in the last sim. Team has been doing really well, but it'll be interesting to see how the return of Mueller and O'Sullivan affects things (they returned during the last sim, but weren't inserted into the lineup). You'd think the team would get a boost.

Top Bottom