• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 13 GM Connected Sim League (Xbox 360)

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
The Columbus Blue Jackets are proud to announce that they were able to guarantee the services of two young promising players to help them during this rebuild phase.

From Columbus to Tampa:

Smid (28y, 4star DFD, 81)
Clarkson (29y, 3.5star, RW GRN, 80)
Josefson (22y, 2.5star, C, 75)

From Tampa to Columbus:

Kassian (23y, 4star RW PWF, 76)
Teubert (23y, 4star DFD, 75)
2nd Round pick (14)
3rd Round pick (14)

Socreges

Banned
Oh wow that is probably the most unbalanced trade yet

Is that why you've had to post that he's available multiple times? :D
This is getting tedious. He was mentioned once before, three days ago.

Didn't know you'd take the Kopecky thing personally. I thought you'd agree that he's untradable. :(

Marvie_3

Banned
Oh wow that is probably the most unbalanced trade yet

This is getting tedious. He was mentioned once before, three days ago.

Didn't know you'd take the Kopecky thing personally. I thought you'd agree that he's untradable. :(

Wanna trade for each other's untradeable assets?

Marvie_3

Banned
Dear Tabris,

Please stop sending trade proposals to the Minnesota Wild. The last one was your worst one yet and it made me physically ill.

Thanks,
Gary Bettmarv

Socreges

Banned
couple hours left apparently, but yea i fucked this up too. sorry soc!
HEY IT'S COOL MAN THESE THINGS HAPPEN

bertuzzi.jpg

Socreges

Banned
So I had a trade with sef that would have gotten me Marleau (LW, SNP, 88) and given me a sick top line. Unfortunately we couldn't get it put through in time. Doubt I'll be contending this year, but at least this means I've got a 1st rd pick now and my prospect pool is untouched

Anddd midterms are (for the most part) over. I should be back now.

Anyone willing to take about 4 mil for picks? :lol
Sent you a PM

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I wonder if entry draft trading works this time, from what I remember it didn't last time? I might wanna move up... Have a first, three seoconds and two thirds.

Socreges

Banned
At this point I'm just waiting for the offseason, to draft and see how my players develop. I don't think I have a chance in the playoffs this year.

is waivers on or off?
Off, since the AI system was waiving players that shouldn't have been waived.

BUT that doesn't mean you can send waiver eligible players down to the minors. That'd make the cap worthless.

At this point I'm just waiting for the offseason, to draft and see how my players develop. I don't think I have a chance in the playoffs this year.

Off, since the AI system was waiving players that shouldn't have been waived.

BUT that doesn't mean you can send waiver eligible players down to the minors. That'd make the cap worthless.

thats dumb. what if i need to send players down? (even if i dont care if they get claimed)
also i think the ai has been moving my players around every sim/

Well I have all of my D back now, though I have two small term injuries to my top 6 but nothing major at all.

I still have no clue how I'm in first, overall point totals for all of my players are down, my PK and PP are one of the worst in the league. Yet I only have two players who are negative on my entire team, when all of the rest of the teams have maybe 6 or more players who are negative. So I guess my team is just completely dominant 5v5, but come to PK's and PP's, they just flat out suck.

Note: However I do have 8 Shorthanded goals which is crazy. Team just needs to keep grinding out wins to get that home ice advantage and really turn it on for the playoffs I hope.

Socreges

Banned
thats dumb. what if i need to send players down? (even if i dont care if they get claimed)
also i think the ai has been moving my players around every sim/
Just use common sense. If you think no one would want them (eg, Andersson), then just send them down as if they cleared waivers. But if you're not sure then post the name/stats here and people can 'claim' that player. Since we can't make trades at this point, you'd just have to put them in the minors and leave them there (ie, not bring them back up in the event of an injury).

It's the only real compromise. The alternatives are using a broken waiver system, or letting people ignore the cap and stuff salary in the minors.

Just use common sense. If you think no one would want them (eg, Andersson), then just send them down as if they cleared waivers. But if you're not sure then post the name/stats here and people can 'claim' that player. Since we can't make trades at this point, you'd just have to put them in the minors and leave them there (ie, not bring them back up in the event of an injury).

It's the only real compromise. The alternatives are using a broken waiver system, or letting people ignore the cap and stuff salary in the minors.

ok. because when i made the trade for gaborik, i fully expected to send people down. i just have some injured players

Delryk

This game is so stupid... It maxed out my player spot to get to the min. Salary limit. But instead of brining up guys that are 75 ovr with a 800k salary.. The stupid game brought up multiple 55 ovr 500k salary CHLers... how does that make any sense???

Now i cant even send down the lowest salary player to get a spot open and get my 75+ guys on the team instead. Lol.. Guess the game really wants me to tank.

Went 5-0-1 on the sim and I'm only 1 point behind Arab for 1st in the NHL now. :D

Figures, probably my horrible PK and PP catching up to my team. Wouldn't surprise me if you pass me up, I do know that my team will probably not make it to the finals again this year.

Recent sim must have been pretty bad for my team, great.... :/

Socreges

Banned
Byfuglien out for 4 games
Lundqvist out for 10 games (again?)
Brouwer out for 46 games

Man-games lost to injury is now above 300!

2-5-1 in the last sim... Just hoping to make the playoffs at this point.

Socreges

Banned
Any appetite for simming the rest of the regular season tonight? Just ~10 games left.

Delryk said:
This game is so stupid... It maxed out my player spot to get to the min. Salary limit. But instead of brining up guys that are 75 ovr with a 800k salary.. The stupid game brought up multiple 55 ovr 500k salary CHLers... how does that make any sense???

Now i cant even send down the lowest salary player to get a spot open and get my 75+ guys on the team instead. Lol.. Guess the game really wants me to tank.
Dude, the complete opposite is true. The game brought up all of your most expensive players. Everyone above 800k is on your current roster (including young ELC players) while everyone in the minors is below 800k.

You traded millions in cap space and put yourself under the cap floor. What did you think would happen? If anything, you should be happy. Technically you're not allowed to ice your worst players in order to tank, but now there's no way to prevent that. ;)

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Just checked my team lines for the first time in a week and the CPU had 3 forwards in my top 6 D
jVzU8.gif

Good thing I wasn't in the playoff race...

Delryk

Any appetite for simming the rest of the regular season tonight? Just ~10 games left.

Dude, the complete opposite is true. The game brought up all of your most expensive players. Everyone above 800k is on your current roster (including young ELC players) while everyone in the minors is below 800k.

You traded millions in cap space and put yourself under the cap floor. What did you think would happen? If anything, you should be happy. Technically you're not allowed to ice your worst players in order to tank, but now there's no way to prevent that. ;)

I blame marvie then. I wanted to take 10mil in cap and he rejected the offer. :/

So glad I have Galchenyuk in the minors....my centre depth is insane, if only I can get some wingers in the offseason an visentin turns into a good goalie

Marvie_3

Banned
Rough sim for me. Top 2 centers are out for a little bit. Dropped to 3 points behind Detroit but I clinched the Northwest. Tempted to rest guys so I don't suffer any more injuries. :lol

MacAttack

Made my move for the Eastern Conference lead going 4-1-1 last sim, which leaves me 3 points back of NYR. Lost Cam Ward for the first round of the playoffs so I could use as high a seeding as possible.

If my team can get healthy like they are supposed to and not sustain any more injuries I think we have a good shot at the Cup.

taking the edmonton oilers route w/ my squad. im gonna be amazing in a month or so

Beat your team again but not 8-0 this time, only 7-0.

Rough sim for me. Top 2 centers are out for a little bit. Dropped to 3 points behind Detroit but I clinched the Northwest. Tempted to rest guys so I don't suffer any more injuries. :lol

You still have a game in hand, but yeah the past 10 for both of us hasn't been that good. I'm 4-5-1, and you are 5-5-0.

Orlov is injured for 10 games but I'm hoping he will be ready for the playoffs here, same thing with Mitchel. But resting players sounds like a good idea to be honest. But knowing this game, it will rework all of your lines right after the first game so it probably won't even work properly.

Socreges

Banned
Byfuglien out 49 games. Seventh player with a 40+ game injury. Unreal. These guys all have high durability, too. Can't believe this team is still going to make the playoffs.

Cake Boss

Banned
Team keeping up nicely with Garon in nets, will be a 1st round exit though without Vanek, unless Price comes back hot and steals a couple of games.

Top Bottom