• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 13 GM Connected Sim League (Xbox 360)

The trade goes through at the end of the sim, so the 5-0 was with Duchene. I used to think the same as you, though

INDIGO, no rush

Cool; just sent you a request.

K Alzner, DFD Top 4 , 29, 6'3", 4 White stars, OVR 85, $6.120 (4 yrs left). He's my leading D in points (13) and +/- (+14).

&

2018 1st Rd Pick

So far my team is playing well so I am going to risk the first round pick for some more scoring.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.

K Alzner, DFD Top 4 , 29, 6'3", 4 White stars, OVR 85, $6.120 (4 yrs left). He's my leading D in points (13) and +/- (+14).

&

2018 1st Rd Pick

So far my team is playing well so I am going to risk the first round pick for some more scoring.

Oh also, one of the things that's probably the biggest difference between offline GM and GM Connected is that now you're not able to just dump bad contracts on bad teams anymore :p that'll probably take the most getting used to, you have to actually pay attention to what kinds of contracts you're giving out :D

Socreges

Banned

&

2018 1st Rd Pick

handshake.jpg

Not a fan of Alzner's contract. Pretty steep and I've got Kulikov/Spurgeon as UFAs coming up. But I'll take the risk and hope he can help me get a Cup this season. Might go up to 86 during the offseason (or down to 84) and the 1st rounder definitely makes it easier to swallow, too

Spezza will do very well for you. He's normally my best forward. Trying to build younger, though, and I'm hoping Duchene can take over right away and do just as well.

handshake.jpg

Not a fan of Alzner's contract. Pretty steep and I've got Kulikov/Spurgeon as UFAs coming up. But I'll take the risk and hope he can help me get a Cup this season. Might go up to 86 during the offseason (or down to 84) and the 1st rounder definitely makes it easier to swallow, too

Spezza will do very well for you. He's normally my best forward. Trying to build younger, though, and I'm hoping Duchene can take over right away and do just as well.

Duchene has been very reliable for me. Not as good as Kane and with MacKinnon on the rise, I had to move his contract

MacAttack

I have Michael Grabner buried on my third line. He's on the block, looking for a defenseman back. Im thinking a 22-24ish 3 or underperforming 4 star defenseman.

Grabners stats:

30yo RW Sniper 82 OVR 4*white
Last year of 4.39m contract.
2-29 goal season and 1-35 goal season.

He's been a good soldier but I don't have the cap space to re-sign him.

I have Michael Grabner buried on my third line. He's on the block, looking for a defenseman back. Im thinking a 22-24ish 3 or underperforming 4 star defenseman.

Grabners stats:

30yo RW Sniper 82 OVR 4*white
Last year of 4.39m contract.
2-29 goal season and 1-35 goal season.

He's been a good soldier but I don't have the cap space to re-sign him.

Interested in draft picks?

Smiley90

k, gonna sim now then!

EDIT:

From 11-11-0 with Landeskog on the first line to 10-3-1 with Ennis... yeah, Landeskog, YOU'RE OFF THE CASE.

Just noticed that it's actually the SECOND line that's now doing much better... interesting... landeskog racking up tons of assists and Horak racking up goals on that second line... mhmmm

4-3 this sim
18-12-7 overall

Bogosian out 43 games......

What the fuck injuries, what the fuck

Amazing, I'm still 4th in the East

Anyone have a high rated player on an expiring contract to trade? Or an expensive contract that needs dumping? All these injuries have freed up a good chunk of cap space

Smiley90

I just realized... Rangers were like 20th last season. Aquired Kronwall, 88OVR D-man in the offseason, now they're 1st in the league. Must've helped. :p

Had a real bad sim this time around. Dropped a few places. Hope Spezza can help, considering the injuries I have.

Nice working with ya Socreges.

Socreges

Banned
Destroyed teams offensively during this last sim. Having Duchene, Spezza, and Staal probably the reason why. Hopefully trading for defense was a good choice. Lundqvist has just a 905sv% so maybe he needs some help.

Pleasure doing business with ya, INDIGO. Will be interesting to see how the trade affects our teams since we're swapping offense for defense and vice versa

Socreges

Banned
Kessel suddenly doing really well with Duchene as his center. Interesting.

Really liking my roster right now. But I've said that before

Cake Boss

Banned
I retract my previous statement, I am the greatest GM in the world.

Jumped to 4 in the east after trade.

Lucic 8 points in 5 games for me.

Hopefully Michalek works out for you Random.

Smiley90

I retract my previous statement, I am the greatest GM in the world.

Jumped to 4 in the east after trade.

Lucic 8 points in 5 games for me.

Hopefully Michalek works out for you Random.

Trades only go through at the end of the simulated period, so technically Lucic and Michalek still played for their old teams during the simulation...

Smiley90

Did the sim not work?

I haven't simmed yet... saw a trade and wanted to confir with Soc first.

Might as well post it here, I just want some feedback:

Swance, yoda, this trade is confusing the fuck out of me... I'll accept it but I want some input on it from everyone else:

J. Pominville (35y, 85ovr, 4star white, signed for 2 more years@6.4M)

for

1st Round pick (Rangers, so probably gonna be around 25th ish)

Seems like a silly trade to make on Swance's behalf, as I'd value Pominville much, MUCH higher than just a 1st round pick, especially from the rangers, since it'll probably be like a 3star player... for an 85 overall player signed to a reasonable contract. Now I don't like sanctioning human-human trades but that's just... I don't get it. Just want some feedback on it.

Smiley90

No way

If Pominville was an expiring contract I'd expect more than a late first rounder

He is not a rental

It's about as plain a salary dump as you can make it, it makes me really uncomfortable lol. It's not a CPU trade though, so it can be held to different standards. I'm just trying to think of similar trades though, and even someone like Jordan Staal got an 8th overall pick in return, and he's worse than Pominville (ingame-wise)

I'll decline the trade for now and then we'll sort things out in here, worst case scenario the trade just goes through tomorrow.

5-2 this sim
26-17-7

Missiaen looks like he is getting in the groove

Predators trolling me with a 3rd rounder, Komisarek and injured Voros for my 1st.......

Since when are we judging trades by committee not involving the CPU?

He wanted to dump salary, I need a top flight RW and had multiple draft picks. Pominville is 35 yrs old.

Smiley90

Since when are we judging trades by committee not involving the CPU?

He wanted to dump salary, I need a top flight RW and had multiple draft picks. Pominville is 35 yrs old.

I wasn't sure what to do because I just noticed it, usually we don't that's right, but I had no time to talk to Soc about it and wanted to get the sim done. Like I said, worst case the trade just goes through tonight if you re-submit it and we decide to ignore that it's imbalanced.

You're right that we usually don't, but I didn't just want to make the call myself and Soc wasn't around, so I figured postponing the decision was the best way to go.

All trades have to be ok'd by a commish, its been a rule since this league started

No way should a highly rated winger with more than 1 season on a contract be traded for a 1st round draft pick

The CPU trades are usually more fair than that one and we almost never allow CPU-Human trades

Socreges

Banned
The CPU trades are usually more fair than that one and we almost never allow CPU-Human trades
He acquired that 1st rd pick from the CPU by trading Kronwall (88 ovr).

So I disagree with BJ. I kind of agree with Smiley, but I mostly agree with yoda.

Maybe Swance is happy to dump an aging winger and some salary for a 1st rd pick...? Whatever. We can scrutinize the picks and call them imbalanced, but ultimately unless there's something actually suspicious about a trade the most we can do is just discuss them. So if yoda/Swance can put it through again, Smiley can approve it before the next sim.

Fair?

I can understand Smiley wanting to talk to someone before approving a trade that, as far as he's concerned, seems weird. Swance could have probably gotten more for Pominville. But then again he's been trying to trade Pominville for a while and apparently hasn't gotten any better offers. There's no real objective value that he has to meet. If it isn't a seller's market, then he makes the deal that he can.

Smiley90

I'm simming now and accepted the trade.

EDIT: Karlsson out 27 games, fuck, both top2 D-men are out now :x at least both scheduled to come back for playoffs... and I'm still winning... :x 1st in Central what uuuup.

Top Bottom