• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 13 GM Connected Sim League (Xbox 360)

CCF23

Detroit going for it.. will laugh if first round upset. Also gonna have a hard time rebuilding if all fails

First was gonna be mid round at best. Long term project, most likely. Neither Bulmer nor Sundukov had super high ceilings. I figure they'll be easy enough to replace through trade, FA, drafting, whatever. I don't really look at Hjalmarsson or the 4th as anything I was going to care about anyway (I was gonna let Hjalmarsson go to free agency).

Injuries will fuck him over

Probably :(

Socreges

Banned
INDIGO, you accidentally sent me your 2020 pick instead of your 2018 pick (b/c 2020 appears at the top). I sent a trade that swaps them.

Can you make it online in the next few hours to accept? Or accept through the app?

(Commish, take note)

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
INDIGO, you accidentally sent me your 2020 pick instead of your 2018 pick (b/c 2020 appears at the top). I sent a trade that swaps them.

Can you make it online in the next few hours to accept? Or accept through the app?

(Commish, take note)

Noted. Accepting the 2020 pick.

Also it's impossible to accept through the app.

Socreges

Banned
Injuries will fuck him over
Or just the roll of the dice. Sometimes you get upsets that are difficult to explain. This is my fourth (?) straight season in 1st place and I now know that it takes some luck to win four rounds (just like during the actual thing). Or if not luck, then your team just doesn't match up well. Hard to predict.

Anyway,I've got eight picks in the first three rounds this year (three 1sts, none of which are mine). Now would be a good time to have a deep draft.

Socreges

Banned
So my guys have already aged. The hell? Alzner, for example, is now 29 whereas he was 28 when I traded for him (days ago). Duchene is now 27 and no longer yellow.

Really weird. I thought this happened later in the season.

Smiley90

So my guys have already aged. The hell? Alzner, for example, is now 29 whereas he was 28 when I traded for him (days ago). Duchene is now 27 and no longer yellow.

Really weird. I thought this happened later in the season.

Weird... now that you mention it, mine have too. That's not supposed to happen until the offseason/pre-draft...

Weird. let's hope that doesn't mess with developments in the offseason/they don't accidentally age twice.

Socreges

Banned
Weird... now that you mention it, mine have too. That's not supposed to happen until the offseason/pre-draft...

Weird. let's hope that doesn't mess with developments in the offseason/they don't accidentally age twice.
I love that this is actually a legit concern

After Lander disappeared completely and then reappeared during the offseason as a free agent, nothing would surprise me.

Smiley90

I love that this is actually a legit concern

After Lander disappeared completely and then reappeared during the offseason as a free agent, nothing would surprise me.

It's EA. You never know what might happen, and yes I had the disappearance in mind too. Only this time it's not "just" limited to your team, I checked some of my players too, SOME appear to have aged. Beaulieu e.g. is now 22, Lofthouse is 23, they both were a year younger at the beginning of the season. Jensen on the other hand was already 24 at the beginning and still is.

Smiley90

If anyone has any last-minute deals cooking, let me know now, I'll sim soon.

Smiley90

Damn that Vancouver-Ottawa trade is quite the blockbuster indeed.

Simming now, all trades accepted.

3-0 this sim
37-20-7 overall

One point seperates Ottawa 82-Montreal 81-Toronto 81 for 2nd in the East, Winnipeg has 83 for first......

Socreges

Banned
So I put in my rookie backup for the three games, giving Lundqvist a break. He got shelled, letting in 13 goals in 3 games. Fortunately my team scored 17 and won all three. Hah.

Cake Boss

Banned
Oh snap went perfect again this sim 6-0

10-0-0 in the last 10 games, best point percentage in the east. HNNNNGGGG

/best GM in the planet :p

Edit: Shea was a 3rd round pick, you little cunt Soc.

Socreges

Banned
When did I say otherwise and what does that matter? That was the 2013 draft which was far far deeper than any since.

Smiley, is it possible to do a trade before the draft? Does it give us that option between sims? Would like to get the proper pick from INDIGO

Cake Boss

Banned
And this draft looks deep as fuck too.

Other than Shin, has any other prospect we have drafted since we started this thing made an impact on their team yet?

Smiley90

Other than Shin, has any other prospect we have drafted since we started this thing made an impact on their team yet?

My goalie is a drafted player, so are 2/3 of my 4th line and those are still young... There's definitely a couple. Some straight from the draft, some later

Soc, I'm not sure, we've never tried it... Theoretically yes but I'm not sure, sorry. We'll see when we get there :/

Socreges

Banned

Last time I'm answering this...

Yes. Delmas on NYI. Duffy on TBay. wsoxfan drafted Hanzal (but then quit, the CPU let him go to free agency, Smiley signed him, and now has probably the most valuable goalie in the game..). For the most part we're not seeing the young impact players because they end up on the CPU teams that are getting the best picks.

Smiley90

Missaien or whoever I have is the best goalie, pfft :p

My goalie is 21 though. :D He WILL be the best goalie. ;) Soon enough. This is his first season as a starter and he's putting up .920 Save%... hoping he'll jump up big time from 84. :D

When did I say otherwise and what does that matter? That was the 2013 draft which was far far deeper than any since.

Smiley, is it possible to do a trade before the draft? Does it give us that option between sims? Would like to get the proper pick from INDIGO

Hey, sorry I didn't reply to you right away. Been at work all day; what trade exactly? It's totally slipped my mind; want to make sure I didn't mistakenly send you an offer when messing around in the comp app.

Socreges

Banned
Hey, sorry I didn't reply to you right away. Been at work all day; what trade exactly? It's totally slipped my mind; want to make sure I didn't mistakenly send you an offer when messing around in the comp app.
This one. You typed the 2018 pick, but sent the 2020 one by accident.

We might be able to trade the picks before the draft. Can't do it right now since the deadline has passed.

Smiley90

We might be able to trade the picks before the draft. Can't do it right now since the deadline has passed.

Worst case scenario you trade whoever gets picked in 2018 once offseason starts.

Oh damn, totally forgot about that one. Sorry man; I missed the post and was gone all day. We'll figure it out, as Smiley mentioned, or trade the picks before the draft. Not quite sure why they put the 2020 pick before the 2018.

Smiley90

DAMNIT My young starting goalie is out 30 games :'( Also not having good sims, team letting themselves go towards the end of the season.. there goes my cup run :( I guess that happens if both top2 D-men are out longterm... and the starting goalie.

Cake Boss

Banned
Gardiner out 11 games.
Puempel 18 Games.

vinceomg.gif

Weiss out 36 games
Bieksa 45 games

tumblr_m3izggL3s31rqpi1do1_500.gif

Very+Sad+Man.gif

EVERY SINGLE SEASON ARRRRRRGHHH.

1st in the east though :)

Socreges

Banned
That's not too bad. Gardiner back for the playoffs. Puempel back for the 2nd round (and he's not too important). Sucks about Weiss, but Bieksa is low on the depth chart.

I'd lost Byfuglien, Duchene, Kreider, Spurgeon and Coyle, each for 30-45 games, each 84 ovr or higher. But they're all back for the playoffs. I've sat Lundqvist again for this sim because I don't want him getting injured. I'd like to think that all my big injuries are behind me now.

Smiley, what Steam game will I be winning?

Cake Boss

Banned
Yeah Gardiner will be fine but Puempel is pretty important for me, hes my my 2nd line LWer and is producing pretty well.

With him and Weiss are out, basically my 2nd line is out for the 1st round.

Smiley90

That's not too bad. Gardiner back for the playoffs. Puempel back for the 2nd round (and he's not too important). Sucks about Weiss, but Bieksa is low on the depth chart.

I'd lost Byfuglien, Duchene, Kreider, Spurgeon and Coyle, each for 30-45 games, each 84 ovr or higher. But they're all back for the playoffs. I've sat Lundqvist again for this sim because I don't want him getting injured. I'd like to think that all my big injuries are behind me now.

Smiley, what Steam game will I be winning?

None, only the SCF winner gets a game.

Smiley90

Because the person who wins the SCF wins the prize.

How circular do we have to make this?

I think we'll just keep going.

Let's just agree: The person who wins the Cup gets a game.

And that person won't be you!

In all seriousness, I haven't decided yet. There haven't been GREAT sales lately.

4-1-3 this sim
44-24-10 overall

4 games to go for the season, I'm going to rest my starting goalie this time

But I'm 2 points out of first in the east and do play Ottawa this sim.....hmmmmm

Smiley90

went ~.500... now 41-32-3... damn. next sim will be the last before the playoffs! Karlsson is only coming back in 4 games though, so is Horak... damn damn damn. Team needs to pull through here, even without a starting goalie out for the playoffs :/ I just need to make it in, then my team is mostly healthy... ATM 7th in the west with 3 points on Minnesota... this is gonna be clooose.

6th in the league in GFPG, 13th in points... 24th in GAA. I know where my problem is, and it's in both 2 top2d-men and the startiing goaltender out longterm... AND the starting goaltender being a rookie lol.

Socreges

Banned
Team is something like 24-2-2 since the Duchene/Alzner trades.

Alzner and Kulikov now gone for the playoffs

At least I've got Byfuglien back.

Socreges

Banned
Christensen is/was surprisingly good. He was my 4th/depth center for a while up until this season. Kept resigning him to 1-yr, 2-way deals just for his faceoff wins and the fact that he was decent in everything else.

Top Bottom