• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2013 |OT| A Black History Month "Miracle in the Making"

CCF23

I'm pretty impressed with the Canucks start given we're absent almost an entire second line. Assuming we don't blow this, of course.

Worried about a slump once Kesler is back, though. Gotta keep the urgency up once he's back.

zedge

If this song wasn't playing I'm going to be very disappointed.

NO IT DOESN'T BECAUSE IT WAS BEFORE SOME ARBITRARY YEAR SO SAYS A BITTER CANUCKS FAN
LOL. It may have been. 11th ave was called electric ave back in the 80s early 90s. About 20 + clubs and bars in a span of three blocks. Such an awesome spot. All gone now. :(

RC

Banned
You've suffered the most disappointing thing possible in the playoffs, a game 7 Finals super choke. We can still learn from you chuckleheads.

How to super choke? No other team is better equipped to follow in our footsteps.

zedge

But.... our team at least gives us some success to be happy about? They contend each year, including this one?

We're used to playoff disappointment. But we don't have a reason to throw our jerseys on the ice.

zedge, how old are you?
No you just use them to set cop cars on fire. ;)

Old. I graduated in 89.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Eric Cole needs to take a road trip with Dany Heatley. Every Montreal player had their worst game of the season, and he still managed to be worse than all of them.

Tabris

How teams are built and managed was completely changed at that point.

The winning teams of the bygone era wouldn't be the same in the current era. Teams like Detroit wouldn't have been able to buy a cup like they did in 2002.

Acid08

Banned
How teams are built and managed was completely changed at that point.

The winning teams of the bygone era wouldn't be the same in the current era. Teams like Detroit wouldn't have been able to buy a cup like they did in 2002.

Can guarantee you'd be signing a different tune if the Canucks had managed to win the same way back then.

Championships stand no matter when they happened.

Tabris

Same with the bogus quebec exclusivity that allowed Montreal to win all those Stanley Cups. They don't matter to me. Not impressive unless you've won since 04.

zedge

What ever Tabby.

I don't blame Irving for this loss. He let in maybe two softies. Flames were flat. Not skating. Missing Backlund and Baertchi is not helping.

Well that was shit. Injuries hurt and got a couple fluke goals against. 0 sustained offense at the end of the day killed the flames. Game was also really boring.

RC

Banned
No you just use them to set cop cars on fire. ;)

Old. I graduated in 89.

You can't set a car on fire with a jersey, you need a towel soaked in gasoline for that.

Old and still salty. You're an inspiration to us all Zedge.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Same with the bogus quebec exclusivity that allowed Montreal to win all those Stanley Cups. They don't matter to me. Not impressive unless you've won since 04.

Sorry I can't see what you're typing with all these Stanley Cup Banners blocking my view.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
One statistic lost in this box stretching of a Habs game is Bozak's faceoffs.

Dude is #1 or #2 behind Giroux depending on how you want to look at it.

The fuck we need Steckel for?

Tabris

What ever Tabby.

I don't blame Irving for this loss. He let in maybe two softies. Flames were flat. Not skating. Missing Backlund and Baertchi is not helping.

Don't blame your team. You're currently watching How The Canucks Got Their Groove Back starring Henrik and Daniel Sedin.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
"We had a really, really slow start and they beat us with speed," Therrien said. "They were ready to play and we were not ready to play."

Can't wait to see the 24CH episode of this and see the rousing pre-game speech he gave to the team to get them ready.

Top Bottom