• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2013 |OT| A Black History Month "Miracle in the Making"

Ahahahaha. Nothing better than seeing the Blues lose. Fuck the team and their fans. Freyjador is the only tolerable one. And the only one here it seems.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Except that one time the Canucks missed the playoffs, the oilers finished ahead of them and he pussed out on a tag change or ban bet (can't remember) for himself.
What would that be, exactly?

I have banned myself in the past, and I certainly don't appreciate the accusation of welching on a bet.

I'll just wait here for an hour while you go find that link.

What would that be, exactly?

I have banned myself in the past, and I certainly don't appreciate the accusation of welching on a bet.

I'll just wait here for an hour while you go find that link.

Maybe I'm remembering wrong but I seem to remember a wager with an oiler fan in which you vanished after the Canucks missed the Playoffs. I'd have to have someone with a better memory correct me as there's no fn way I'm finding that.

Quick

Banned
I made a controversy gif and it's 32 mb. FFS

iGzh1NOoST8Gh.gif

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Maybe I'm remembering wrong but I seem to remember a wager with an oiler fan in which you vanished after the Canucks missed the Playoffs. I'd have to have someone with a better memory correct me as there's no fn way I'm finding that.
Yeah, you're full of shit.

A dozen years on these boards, many of the NHL OT's made by me, and I've never bailed out after the playoffs or welshed on a bet.

Apology accepted.

Tabris

If they won 300 and lost 6000 they'd still be leading in total faceoffs won but would be fucking terrible on the draw.

Stupid semantics Marvie. He's 6th in faceoff percentage if you exclude the top 3 that have only played 1 and 3 games. Still impressive. Especially with how many he's taken. He's taken more than your boy Jonathan Toews

Stupid semantics Marvie. He's 6th in faceoff percentage if you exclude the top 3 that have only played 1 and 3 games. Still impressive. Especially with how many he's taken. He's taken more than your boy Jonathan Toews

...considering percentage won instead of number won is stupid semantics? Do you even try to do anything other than embarrass yourself anymore?

Tabris

...considering percentage won instead of number won is stupid semantics? Do you even try to do anything other than embarrass yourself anymore?

The stupid semantics is top 5 vs 6th. Kuro's intention was that Bozak is doing a great job in the faceoff circle. Both faceoff wins and percentage show that. Stupid thing to argue about.

Also you need to relax a bit. You act like I personally stole your lollipop. :)

The stupid semantics is top 5 vs 6th. Kuro's intention was that Bozak is doing a great job in the faceoff circle. Both faceoff wins and percentage show that. Stupid thing to argue about.

Also you need to relax a bit. You act like I personally stole your lollipop. :)

He has a valid point. Okay, so you win 200/1000 faceoffs. The other guy won 180/200. Are you really going to say that the prior is more valuable or better? It's not a stupid argument or semantics.

And I doubt I'd want any lollipop you stole from me back.

CCF23

Soooooooo without that first game:

Schneider - 5GP - 8GA - 150SA - .947SV% 1SO

Luongo - 5GP - 7GA - 137SA - .949SV% 1SO

tumblr_m61wzbwJpC1rqfhi2o1_500.gif

Tabris

Soooooooo without that first game:

Schneider - 5GP - 8GA - 150SA - .947SV% 1SO

Luongo - 5GP - 7GA - 137SA - .949SV% 1SO

So in your opinion, who do we trade?

- Schneider gets us a great player. Perhaps even a top 3 forward?
- Luongo has confidence issues in the playoffs which have hurt us, but won't return as much.

MutFox

Banned

- Luongo has confidence issues in the playoffs which have hurt us, but won't return as much.

Don't trade anyone.
With Kesler and Booth coming back our team looks great.

If we have to trade, leave it to the deadline.

Spl1nter

Looking at toi/g stat is funny. Top 60 players are all defenceman other than Kovalchuck at 10th with 26:23 and Tavares at 60th with 21:57.

CCF23

You trade Luongo, but I wouldn't be against rolling with the tandem all year and trading Luongo in the offseason, to be honest.

You absolutely can't trade Schneider with how good he looks. The age difference is just too staggering between him and Luongo. You may get 5 more good years out of Luongo, but with Schneider you're looking at likely 10 or more.

I was in the "trade Schneider" camp for a long, long time, because you don't just give up an all star goalie for the flavour of the month, but Schneider is the real deal. He's going to be (and maybe already is) an all star in his own right and he's been patient and loyal as fuck.

Socreges

Banned
Is a milt a thing or did he mean milf

Re: gif. You guys should have seen the original. Editing it down to a reasonable size took longer than making it to begin with. Not sure what I was thinking

Socreges

Banned
So is Schroeder our permanent* third line center once Kesler returns? Strong defensively, can play well within the Canucks' system, and has a nose for the net. He's not terrible at faceoffs (41%) and won't be relied on too much anyhow since Hank/Kesler/Malhotra are all very good. He fumbles a bit with the puck, but he hasn't once frustrated me like Ebbett did. I don't expect him to have the impact that Hodgson did, but I do think he's got a place on this team now.

* permanent unless he struggles enough and can be sent down because he's exempt from waivers

I feel like there's other, perhaps more germane riot footage you could have used.
All the non-hockey stuff in that gif is from one (amazing) conspiracy theory video. Made it much easier/quicker to piece together. But you're right.

CCF23

So is Schroeder our permanent* third line center once Kesler returns? Strong defensively, can play well within the Canucks' system, and has a nose for the net. He's not terrible at faceoffs (41%) and won't be relied on too much anyhow since Hank/Kesler/Malhotra are all very good. He fumbles a bit with the puck, but he hasn't once frustrated me like Ebbett did. I don't expect him to have the impact that Hodgson did, but I do think he's got a place on this team now.

* permanent unless he struggles enough and can be sent down because he's exempt from waivers

All the non-hockey stuff in that gif is from one (amazing) conspiracy theory video. Made it much easier/quicker to piece together. But you're right.

41% is pretty bad on faceoffs, but other than that he's been very good. I'd actually like to see him tried on Kesler's wing with Raymond on the other side. Speeeeeeeeeeeeed.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
LOL the best part of that after hours interview of Luongo has to be when Alain Vigneault walks behind the camera and says "say something good about me if you want to play". ROFL.

Socreges

Banned
41% is pretty bad on faceoffs, but other than that he's been very good. I'd actually like to see him tried on Kesler's wing with Raymond on the other side. Speeeeeeeeeeeeed.
If you win 4/10 faceoffs, they're still going to let you play center. That's all I'm saying. Poor, but not terrible.

Top Bottom