• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2013 |OT| A Black History Month "Miracle in the Making"

I wasn't bitching about the fact that he's scoring goals occasionally, I was bitching that he can't hit the net most of the time he's on the ice

Oh, I know. I'm not sure it'll hurt us too bad as long as the stars are producing though. If they're doing that, then him hitting the net once in a while should theoretically be enough.

Colorado should be easy tomorrow....for this guy right?

j4Hi0ivs5mbmw.jpg

Tabris

Well good job backing up Doughty's comments Ducks.

I hate both of your teams, but I rather have LA and Doughty be embarrassed than the Ducks. Also my hate for them is a lot less now without Neidermayer and Pronger.

EDIT - I actually liked Pronger by the end in PHI.

Tabris

The greatest trade fleecing of all time was:

Bryan McCabe, Patrick Stefan, Brett Scheffelmaier, and Jimmie Olvestad
for Daniel Sedin and Henrik Sedin

EDIT - I say better than Lindros as Lindros still had a pretty awesome career. Not as much as Forsberg and the eventual Patrick Roy (from pieces on the Lindros trade), but not as drastic of a difference.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I love how much you shit on wsox, Marvie.
I always look forward to when wsox post now, just to see how Marvie is going to shit down his throat.

It's going to be weird when Columbus is the team to break the Hawks streak.

Tabris

Lindros and Patrick Roy trades beat that I think

Nah, it doesn't. Eric Lindros still ended up scoring 800+ career points. How many points did Patrick Stefan end up scoring?

EDIT - And sorry, I meant greatest in terms of fleecing. The actual greatest trade of all time in terms of movement/shock is Wayne Gretzky to the LA Kings.

Marvie_3

Banned
The greatest trade fleecing of all time was:

Bryan McCabe, Patrick Stefan, Brett Scheffelmaier, and Jimmie Olvestad
for Daniel Sedin and Henrik Sedin
None of those players have won a Cup so I'd hardly call it a fleecing.

It's going to be weird when Columbus is the team to break the Hawks streak.
Columbus has played well enough in both games to beat Chicago so it's not that unrealistic.

At this point I'm not even going to be mad at all when the streak ends. I know it's going to end at some point and them going this far with it has been fucking amazing to watch.

Tabris

None of those players have won a Cup so I'd hardly call it a fleecing.

So let's use Chicago Blackhawks as an example. Would you discount everything a player like Jeremy Roenick has ever done because he didn't win a Stanley Cup?

How about Mike Gartner? Cam Neely? Lafontaine? Adam Oates? Dino Ciccarelli? Mats Sundin? Darryl Sittler? Marcel Dionne?

Your worst comment of the week for sure. Those players above did everything they could to help their team compete and there is a million other factors that control whether a team wins a Stanley Cup or not. Especially in this day and age.

The reason why your team won the Stanley Cup 3 years ago? You sucked for years on end and got a bunch of great draft picks in a row, and then you had everything come together perfectly for your Stanley Cup run. Stop being so fucking arrogant about it.

CCF23

Markus Naslund for Alek Stojanov is the biggest fleecing in Canucks history and one of the biggest in NHL history. Naslund went on to score 395 NHL goals and was the key piece of the best line in the league for a time, while Stojanov played 45 career games with the Penguins and scored 2 NHL goals in 107 games.

Tabris, throwing the "sucked to get draft picks on purpose" theory out there every so often will never make it any more true or any less fucking stupid no matter how often it's said.

Tabris

Markus Naslund for Alek Stojanov is the biggest fleecing in Canucks history and one of the biggest in NHL history. Naslund went on to score 395 NHL goals and was the key piece of the best line in the league for a time, while Stojanov played 45 career games with the Penguins and scored 2 NHL goals in 107 games.

That's a good one too!

Red_Man

The fact that you continue to reply to Tabris when you know he has you on ignore is both hilarious and sad.

The fact that you continue to reply to Tabris when you know he has you on ignore is both hilarious and sad.

In other news, I could give two fucks what you think and the fact that you address every post I make is hilarious and sad too.

"You reply to his posts even though he doesn't reply. I'm going to reply to every one of your posts obsessively even though you don't reply to me."

CCF23

The mind boggling thing about the Naslund trade was at the time Naslund had scored 19 goals and 52 points in 66 games for the Pens, while Stojanov had 0 goals and 1 assist in 58 games for the Canucks.

Both were high picks in the 91 draft (Stojanov 7th and Naslund 16th), but Naslund had already become a proven NHL scorer when he was dealt, and Stojanov couldn't score if his life depended on it (fought a lot, though).

I guess I can see why the Pens did it...Stojanov was a 6 foot 4 enforcer with potential to be a good power forward, but it's still ridiculous.

CCF23

In other news, I could give two fucks what you think and the fact that you address every post I make is hilarious and sad too.

"You reply to his posts even though he doesn't reply. I'm going to reply to every one of your posts obsessively even though you don't reply to me."

salt-taste-2.jpg

Where have you been lately by the way? :lol

i see smelly, CCF and desi constantly. Not really you though.

I've probably posted more in this thread this month than I have any other message board thread in a month ever. I just can't help myself.

Red_Man

m3r8u.jpg

I didn't realize responding to one of your posts in one night was obsessive, guess we have quite the contingent of obsessive stalkers in this thread.

Marvie_3

Banned
So let's use Chicago Blackhawks as an example. Would you discount everything a player like Jeremy Roenick has ever done because he didn't win a Stanley Cup?

How about Mike Gartner? Cam Neely? Lafontaine? Adam Oates? Dino Ciccarelli? Mats Sundin? Darryl Sittler? Marcel Dionne?

Your worst comment of the week for sure. Those players above did everything they could to help their team compete and there is a million other factors that control whether a team wins a Stanley Cup or not. Especially in this day and age.

The reason why your team won the Stanley Cup 3 years ago? You sucked for years on end and got a bunch of great draft picks in a row, and then you had everything come together perfectly for your Stanley Cup run. Stop being so fucking arrogant about it.
Two things:

-That post had a touch of sarcasm in it. Can't say I'm surprised you missed it though.
-Your whole "destiny" bullshit is/was far more arrogant. You run your mouth without having anything to back it up except an unrealistic sense of entitlement. Also, don't sit here and pretend like you wouldn't be even more of an insufferable piece of shit if the Canucks managed to win something other than a presidents trophy.

Tabris

Also, don't sit here and pretend like you wouldn't be even more of an insufferable piece of shit if the Canucks managed to win something other than a presidents trophy.

Yep. Putting you on ignore with wsox due to the offensive name calling. It's gone beyond trash talk with you. Sorry, I'm just not looking to get into that. I don't mind trash talking our teams or even each other with light jabs, but I don't want to start calling people things like that, or at least anymore.

Yep. Putting you on ignore with wsox due to the offensive name calling. It's gone beyond trash talk with you. Sorry, I'm just not looking to get into that. I don't mind trash talking our teams or even each other with light jabs, but I don't want to start calling people things like that, or at least anymore.

Is this your new diversion tactic or something? Ignoring the bolded part, what Marvie said is entirely true. Calling other people out for being arrogant while knowing full well yourself that you're the most arrogant, and would be even MORE arrogant had the Canucks won the 2011 SCF, is par for par rife with accuracy.

Acid08

Banned
His point remains Tabby. Your destiny shit is insufferable and beyond arrogant. So trying to call someone else out for arrogance seems kind of like a dumb fuck move, right?

Tabris

And I wouldn't mind debating that if it wasn't for the name calling. It's not a tactic, it's just a decision to no longer participate in name calling and try to be more civil.

CCF23

His point remains Tabby. Your destiny shit is insufferable and beyond arrogant. So trying to call someone else out for arrogance seems kind of like a dumb fuck move, right?

You're even pissing off the fans of the team you cheer for with your shit. It's annoying to hear, especially after 40+ years of absolute failure as a franchise. You'd think getting beaten down that much would instill a little humility.

Talking shit is one thing. So is being confident in your team. Acting like they're god's gift to the sport and a team of destiny when year after year they find new spectacular ways to fail (Blues and Sabres fans know this pain) is something else entirely and it gets so fucking tiresome.

Acid08

Banned
And I wouldn't mind debating that if it wasn't for the name calling. It's not a tactic, it's just a decision to no longer participate in name calling and try to be more civil.
:lol There is nothing to debate. You can't argue against it so you try to play "be nice to me ;(".

Tabris

Tell me the last time I said destiny in these threads.

And what does 40 years have to do with the current team? Nothing. Different owner, different management, different players, different logos, and for a majority of the fans, different fans. Stop selling your team short based on 40+ years of absolute failures that has nothing to do with the current organization in any way except the name of the team and city it's in. Let that baggage go man.

Top Bottom