• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2013 |OT| A Black History Month "Miracle in the Making"

Quick

Banned
Carlyle's calling out Rask for diving.

I think the real issue is Kadri was shoved towards Rask by another Bruins player, and he was out of the blue paint.

Though, more importantly, zero offence. Bruins did a great job choking the Leafs in the zone, limiting scoring chances. And any battles along the boards for the puck had no support from Leafs players, contrasting the 4 Bruins players immediately ganging up to try and get the puck.

CARLYLE'S LEAFS.

Acid08

Banned
aaaaaand the streak ends with a whimper.

Burns is expected back this month though, so there's something to look forward to. Really hate how Clowe is playing.

would have been hilarious if Havlat was in the shootout line up and won it for the Sharks. NOPE.
Oh well, I am happy with 21 straight penalty kills.

Quick

Banned
This has been a problem in every game I've seen so far.

Truth. It's frustrating to see a good chance to keep the puck in the zone immediately end when players are outmanned by the opposition.

Powerplay is still garbage. I figured "lockout rust" during the first couple of games, turns out, they're just back to form from last season's PP. Players are taking possession way too long, especially along the boards, where they're easily trapped and we go back to my initial complaint.

Watching other teams' PPs, you see them tighten up and inch closer to the goal, boxing up the opposition. What do the Leafs do? Keep that shit wide open. Phaneuf and Kostka had the chance to move in closer during that final minute on the PP, but they stayed on the blue line. Bad combination with the previous paragraph.

CREMSteve

Goddamn.... what do the Flames have to do to get a win? Completely dominated the top team in the league from start to finish, and still find a way to lose. Final shots, 47-19, outshot them 24-6 in the third.

Argh.

Highly entertaining game though, enjoyed the heck out of it.

Goddamn.... what do the Flames have to do to get a win? Completely dominated the top team in the league from start to finish, and still find a way to lose. Final shots, 47-19, outshot them 24-6 in the third.

Argh.

Highly entertaining game though, enjoyed the heck out of it.

"Good teams find a way to win"

They weren't a good team though. There were only a few good players and a really shitty team.

Which was my point

I'm doing sound for a web series tomorrow... which is the fucking Super Bowl. I hope we're wrapped in time so I can catch some of the game but I'm pissed regardless

Pochacco

asking dangerous questions
I like this
BCJJizPCMAEOdaU.jpg

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Beat writer really close to the team said the HNIC crew had no idea what they were talking about today in their segment regarding Subban and how the team views him. This comes as a surprise to no one.

Red_Man

What was said?
They were talking about his teammates comments on him, and saying they intentionally said negative things, and have created a negative environment for him to come into, and it's effecting his play. Stock being the fuckwad he is said he knows none of his teammates like him. This beat writer who is in contact with the Habs players daily, said it couldn't be further from the truth, and he wished people on such a large platform knew what they were talking about.

Heretic

They were talking about his teammates comments on him, and saying they intentionally said negative things, and have created a negative environment for him to come into, and it's effecting his play. Stock being the fuckwad he is said he knows none of his teammates like him. This beat writer who is in contact with the Habs players daily, said it couldn't be further from the truth, and he wished people on such a large platform knew what they were talking about.

That must suck if he got wind of this...

Red_Man

That must suck if he got wind of this...
It's PK, I doubt he gives a fuck, he's had to deal with this since he's been here. It's why he loves playing here, gotta take the good with the bad. As long as the team is clicking, and Therrien is doing his job, it doesn't matter what shit comes out of Stocks mouth.

Quick

Banned
I can maybe imagine Subban's attitude rubbing off wrong on some, but he seems like a pretty friendly guy.

Fucking media man.

Red_Man

It's pretty funny because a lot of this is coming up because on a game day reporters asked Markov about Subban coming back and he said "he's not here I don't want to talk about that", but there's an interview he did a couple days later and he was asked again about his return and he said something along the lines of "he's a great skater, and has a lethal shot, and he'll make our team better which is good", but none of these dip shit reporters bring that up.

I can maybe imagine Subban's attitude rubbing off wrong on some, but he seems like a pretty friendly guy.

Fucking media man.
What would happen if Subban and Kessel had to spend a day together?

WHEN WORLDS COLLIDE

It's pretty funny because a lot of this is coming up because on a game day reporters asked Markov about Subban coming back and he said "he's not here I don't want to talk about that", but there's an interview he did a couple days later and he was asked again about his return and he said something along the lines of "he's a great skater, and has a lethal shot, and he'll make our team better which is good", but none of these dip shit reporters bring that up.

The media will always drive the narrative that garners the most viewers, even if that means stretching the truth or yelling fire where there's no smoke. It's fucking ridiculous.

WOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! SUCK IT BITCHES!!!!

QUEEEEEENNNNNSSSSSSS SSSSSUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCKKKKKK!!!!!

This.

I've been at my farewell BBQ all day. I saw the box score and dry humped my phone. Gonna watch the game tonight with a few more beers and cream over Bonino fucking producing.

GO DUCKS QUEENS SUCK

Red_Man

Just watched the Calgary / Chicago highlights, I'm assuming a good portion of Flame fans killed themselves tonight. Ridiculous that the Hawks got 2 points out of that. Saw Cammy hit the post too, Flames fans better enjoy watching that a lot.

Just watched the Calgary / Chicago highlights, I'm assuming a good portion of Flame fans killed themselves tonight. Ridiculous that the Hawks got 2 points out of that. Saw Cammy hit the post too, Flames fans better enjoy watching that a lot.

Emery played out of his goddamn mind. Any team that lets Calgary get 47 shots does not deserve a win.

Pochacco

asking dangerous questions
Any team that lets Calgary get 47 shots does not deserve a win.
Or maybe the Blackhawks are so good that they calculated and perfectly spent the minimum level of effort required to beat the Flames tonight. Remember that Emery is the backup and has more time to recoup/rest. Gotta conserve energy in a short season.

Or maybe the Blackhawks are so good that they calculated and perfectly spent the minimum level of effort required to beat the Flames tonight. Remember that Emery is the backup and has more time to recoup/rest. Gotta conserve energy in a short season.
are you rev's alt? :p

Top Bottom