• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2013 |OT| A Black History Month "Miracle in the Making"

Alucard

Banned
Behind-the-bench interviews - and hockey interviews in general - are so predictable.

"You're not winning faceoffs. What's happening out there?"
"Well, we need to win more faceoffs."

"What are the keys to victory today?"
"We gotta battle harder and win the scrums in the corners. Gotta get guys in front of the net, and be smarter in our own end."

Rinse. Repeat.

Socreges

Banned
I have no idea who GMMG and GMGM would be talking about (in exchange for Luongo). saza, what would make sense? Or are you too opposed to the idea to discuss it

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
I have no idea who GMMG and GMGM would be talking about (in exchange for Luongo). saza, what would make sense? Or are you too opposed to the idea to discuss it

I'm not sure. I could see trading for Luongo since Holtby is not the finished product yet and Neuvirth is just an average goalie. I would prefer just having a fire sale and not taking on another huge contract. If we got Luongo I think we would have to shed a lot of salary.

cube444

Crosby drops to his knees so easily

sidney_crosby_014.jpg

Cake Boss

Banned
Habs out for revenge on the Sens today. I'll be out watching the game with some friends, so the rest of Habs GAF has to shit on CakeEater for me.

Still butthurt from that loss I see.

I wont be here either, might drop some 'HIGHHHH IQQ' if I could find some wifi.

I dont have a good feeling about this anyways.

Socreges

Banned
I'm not sure. I could see trading for Luongo since Holtby is not the finished product yet and Neuvirth is just an average goalie. I would prefer just having a fire sale and not taking on another huge contract. If we got Luongo I think we would have to shed a lot of salary.
Luongo + D Sedin for Ovechkin

Merguson

Banned
Will be heading to the Sabres game today. I was so excited to be going this time yesterday. :(

:lol Can this be the gif posted when he scores?

It can be the gif for when he hits the post or crossbar.

A gif has already been reserved for his goals.

rellix

I'd be okay with bringing in Luongo depending on the price, if only because I really don't feel comfortable with Neuvirth and never will. The Goalie Guild suggested Holtby will be great eventually, but will have a really shitty sophomore season, and that appears to be the case so far.

Perhaps they're finally realizing the window is closing a lot quicker than they expected. Luongo in that instance would make sense, but I hate the length of his contract.

Maybe Gillis is here to watch the Penguins.

Doubtful, but I look at GMGM and see him handcuffed by Leonsis, and I'm convinced that he'll never take on or give out a big contract like Ovechkin's ever again (even with Luongo a lot cheaper). At least, that's what I've been saying the last week or so. Maybe you're right.

Completely speculating here - I get the feeling Leonsis was one of the biggest vocal supporters of contract length being shortened in the new CBA.

Socreges

Banned
Why would Gillis be here for the Pens?

Will be heading to the Sabres game today. I was so excited to be going this time yesterday. :(

:lol Can this be the gif posted when he scores?
When? Or if?

Edit - Kesler skating with the team! Very good news

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
YES.

Gally confidence is growing. His entry into the zone and then the pass to Eller was awesome. Too bad he didn't score on the breakaway. Loving Bourque as well.
It really is, he's trying something new with every game, can't wait to see where he's at in another 20 games. Also Patches is taking the warm up. BEAST.

Still butthurt from that loss I see.

I wont be here either, might drop some 'HIGHHHH IQQ' if I could find some wifi.

I dont have a good feeling about this anyways.
I'll be sure to type in all caps to make up for your absence.

rellix

Holtby lets in two extremely soft goals.

"Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, amazing, never count them out."

love NBC

Alucard

Banned
I know you don't know much about the Western Conference but Murray is at least a bigger name than Clitsome. I'm sure there will be lots of teams interested if we don't re-sign him.

I included Clitsome because of his funny name, therefore being "notable." Immature joke.

For those who don't parlez the francais, Letang is French for the tang.

Caps are brutal right now. Happy that the Pens are winning, but they've also been fortunate to run into a team not playing their best hockey. Same with the Devils last night.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I know you're kidding, but it wouldn't be Ward
I have no idea where a trade with the Caps and Canucks would start. Maybe Forsberg, or something, but they look like they have a lot more issues then goal tending anyways.

Top Bottom