• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2013 |OT| A Black History Month "Miracle in the Making"

CCF23

I bet it's all of Habs GAF.

m-night-shyamalan.jpg

OK... Who wants Perry?

This article is so true that it hurts. And some of what is alleged is hurtful to hear.

Rip the band-aid off folks - Corey Perry is done with the Anaheim Ducks. It's time to let him go.

As Robby pointed out in his Faceoff Fest recap, Perry left before the event ended, leaving fans who have waited hours to see him, in the lurch. I do agree with his assessment of pictures with Perry are moments of uncomfortable silence, to say the least. I used to chalk it up to his aloof personality and being socially awkward. And I do still believe that about but only about pre-Hart Trophy Perry. Now, he's just kind of a dick and not just on the ice.

Here's the part that bugs me so much, he seems ungrateful. Ungrateful to the organization that drafted him when the scouts said he was a risky pick. Ungrateful to the team he won a Stanley Cup with. Ungrateful he's been a part of one of the best scoring tandems since Paul Kariya and Teemu Selanne. Ungrateful for fans (and the organization) who went berserk cheering for him on to the Hart Trophy and Rocket Richard.

I noticed during training camp, Getzlaf hung around Teemu almost the entire time. Where usually he and Perry are talking non-stop, next to each other in drills, running each other into the glass, etc. Not this time. Perry skated by himself, didn't talk to anyone. Teemu was leading stretching and Perry just got up and left the group to shoot pucks. The stretching ending a couple minutes later. This is probably just me or did anyone else see when he was getting 'the business' from Vancouver in Anaheim, no one rushed to step in to protect the star?

Yikes.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Dan Cleary, Justin Abdelkader, Drew Miller, Cory Emmerton:

8 games played each, 0 points.

Well done, Ken Holland and Mike Babcock. Well done.

1st of a 4 game road trip. Cats needs to string together some wins and get get points. Top line is back for the first time, and this team is nearly back to full strength. Gudbranson was great in his AHL game so far and is expected to return to the team Tues. expected line up:

Flash-Weiss-Steeg
Hubby-Shore-Mueller
Mattias-Goc-Kovalev
Skille-Smithson-Kopecky
Parros

Campbell-Kuba
Kulikov-Weaver
Ellerby-Strachan
(Gudbranson pending return, will push out Strachan Tues)

Theo
Clemmer

IR: Upshall, Jovo, Caruso

Unknown: Bergenheim

Solo

Habs out for revenge on the Sens today. I'll be out watching the game with some friends, so the rest of Habs GAF has to shit on CakeEater for me.

Montresor

Habs out for revenge on the Sens today. I'll be out watching the game with some friends, so the rest of Habs GAF has to shit on CakeEater for me.

Galchenyuk will score and your friends will have no idea what's really going on inside your head.

Thoughts from this game (Kings@Ducks) after the 1st period:

- Holy fucking ferocity/hits. It's nice to be reminded that these guys play hard against each other. Honda Centre seems packed? Attendance seems to visibly be up this season. Fantastic to see.

- BONINO! There was a reason we had this kid centering the second line. He's been in the same positioning he's been all season, it's just that only in this game so far he's finally capitalising on those chances.

- The Twins are playing strong.

- Beauchemin has been playing his best hockey lately. That "trade/fleecing" is actually looking pretty good this season.

- That call at the end with Allen on Doughty was horse shit.

I heard what was coming up with Fowler/Stoll... So seeing Stoll score a goal just makes me hate him even more.

Alucard

Banned
O'Reilly for Perry confirmed.

Also Monday will mark Hejduk's 1000th game. All 1000 with the avs.

1000 games is definitely commendable, especially with the same team. It's like an employee reaching 25 years with the same company. Truly a laudable feat.

Congrats, Milan. Most hockey players don't reach one NHL game.

Alucard

Banned
I feel like the Pens -should- beat Washington this afternoon. Narratively speaking, it writes itself: Vokoun facing his former team. Washington reeling early on in the year. The Pens coming off two important wins against division rivals. Crosby coming off his best performance of the season.

Of course, most of this doesn't mean much once the puck drops.

Let's Go Pens.

Justin Williams manages to score by... shooting the puck on Hillers downed blocker and making it roll UP him, UP his shoulders, then onto the post and in the net.

That's some seriously fucking unlucky physics.

I'm sorry for your inevitable loss, Dastardly. Sounds like Perry's mind is wandering in every place other than where it should be.

It's a fair bit of conjecture from a blog, but it does sound like someone who doesn't exhibit much loyalty to the franchise that drafted him.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Watched the Habs game late last night. Glad to see Eller and DD finally get on the score sheet. The entire team played great and it felt good to see Subban back. I wanted to punch PJ Stock in the face when he was talking about Subban in the first intermission.

Gally confidence is growing. His entry into the zone and then the pass to Eller was awesome. Too bad he didn't score on the breakaway. Loving Bourque as well.

Hope the Habs have energy today against the Sens.

Razorskin

----- ------
Watched the Habs game late last night. Glad to see Eller and DD finally get on the score sheet. The entire team played great and it felt good to see Subban back. I wanted to punch PJ Stock in the face when he was talking about Subban in the first intermission.

Gally confidence is growing. His entry into the zone and then the pass to Eller was awesome. Too bad he didn't score on the breakaway. Loving Bourque as well.

Hope the Habs have energy today against the Sens.

Can't believe Desharnais scores 2 goals and doesn't get one of the 3 stars. Damn fan voting.

Flyers only win when I don't wear anything team-related, gnore the game and don't check the score.

Philly blackout until this streak stops.

So considering we got outscored 36 to 10 by the Bruins last year, I look at a 1-0 loss as a victory of sorts. I didn't think we were getting pushed around as much as we usually do.

Basically my expectations were so low, this loss actually surpassed them.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
So considering we got outscored 36 to 10 by the Bruins last year, I look at a 1-0 loss as a victory of sorts. I didn't think we were getting pushed around as much as we usually do.

Basically my expectations were so low, this loss actually surpassed them.

Pretty much how I felt.

We went ridiculously long stretches of doing nothing but defensively they did get 30 shots but a lot of them were to the outside and not difficult for Reimer. The goal they gave up was a fantastic pass and goal.

We still need a lot more toughness though but baby steps.

Pretty much how I felt.

We went ridiculously long stretches of doing nothing but defensively they did get 30 shots but a lot of them were to the outside and not difficult for Reimer. The goal they gave up was a fantastic pass and goal.

We still need a lot more toughness though but baby steps.

I don't disagree, but on the whole I think people put way too much stock in the Bruins. They're a great team, but that doesn't mean every team has to be the Bruins. Not every team has the option of having a ten foot tall ridiculously mobile mutant on the back end. Damn you, Chara.

Alucard

Banned
FYI, Pens and Caps are on NBC right now.

1-1. Entertaining start. I think that was slightly Letang's fault for not paying enough attention to Green.

Spl1nter

Leafs weakness is getting out of their zone. They really need to improve on how the wingers and center supports the D for the passes out of the zone.

Leafs weakness is getting out of their zone. They really need to improve on how the wingers and center supports the D for the passes out of the zone.

I'm so frickin' sick of hearing 'Leafs clear it to the line, but not out'. :(

It's been getting better though. The Bruins made us play a lot in our own zone last night, but I feel we've been playing less in our own zone overall this year.

Socreges

Banned
Flyers should definitely go after Timmonen

Luongo for Green? (I have no idea which areas Vancouver is lacking in)
We've already got five dmen making 4m+.

It would most likely be a center coming our way in any deal. But Ribiero might be too expensive. He's a top 6 guy.

Top Bottom