• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2015 |OT| The next Maple Leafs goal will be scored by Connor McDavid

winstreak
calling it
image.php

ShaneB

Well it looks like it will jump up to near the top of my list.

My amazon wish list is like 80 books strong at this point. It's a mess to look at.

Yeah, my goodreads to-read list gets a few new books added every week. I won't complain, always plenty of great books to read!

Think you'll like the Al Michaels book, any sports fan would I think. I'm certainly a big fan of his, so it's fun to get this insight.

zroid

Banned
I have a theory right now that Nonis is being kept on board through the trade deadline because of his reputation for being crap. Other GMs might think they're fleecing him in any trades... except the trades are being schemed up by Shanny and his boys so the Leafs will be doing the fleecing. :D

purg3

slept with Malkin
Crosby needed a game like that, fucking finally. Hopefully he'll get hot again and start racking up the points like he should be. Back to back SO's for Fleury to get the pens single season SO record. He had some crazy good saves tonight.

Samyy

I just think Shanahans waiting for the off-season to hire someone
Nonis is not bad at trading and he'll just be unloading some dudes for picks like Santorelli, don't need a new GM to do that.

Acid08

Banned
I have a theory right now that Nonis is being kept on board through the trade deadline because of his reputation for being crap. Other GMs might think they're fleecing him in any trades... except the trades are being schemed up by Shanny and his boys so the Leafs will be doing the fleecing. :D

Yeah zroid.....I'm sure that's it.

Samyy

Or Nonis stays until Dubas is ready.

Don't think it was ever the plan to have Dubas take over as GM tbh
They were planning on hiring him this off-season but made the move early because apparently other teams were closing in on him.

Think they'll be a new GM and Dubas will be learning from him, not Nonis.

I think the Rob Blake rumours are an indication that Shanahan is hunting for a GM.

I feel like all this Leafs tanking is just a set-up for a record setting win streak near the end of the season to put them just barely out of the playoffs.

Because /Leafs.

The Leafs lost again! :) Come on, absolute futility and Connor McDavid. Please don't win another fucking game this season, you hapless saps.

Ashton and Broll to the Lightning for a seventh rounder, too? Haha. That's a pretty pathetic return, but then again, Ashton sucks ass.

Yawnier

Banned
Looking at things now the leafs have a moderately difficult schedule over the next 10 games

Can't see this team going on a huge February winning streak, March winning streak is definitely a possibility but players like Santa, Winnik, Franson, and a few others are probably going to be gone by that point. Bottom 6 will be in shambles with no santa and winnik and defense will be baaaaaad.

zroid

Banned
kinda interesting chart re: coaching change's effect on players

chart11.jpg

basically half the players have had more scoring chances with the new coach, while half the players have had fewer scoring chances. almost every player has had a better ratio of scoring chances for vs scoring chances against...

...except Kessel. He's a real outlier. The coaching change is really hurting his game.

Alucard

Banned
Fleury with back-to-back shutouts is always fun. What a hero. Also gonna be fun watching Crosby make the final push for the Art Ross.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Go Oilers!
Hmmm despite the fact I want to continue this tank...NEVER! FUCK DEADMONTON! Even Leafs vs Habs Bell Centre end of this month when I'll be in attendance I'd rather cheer for the Habs then. Not Crapmonton. NEVER cheering for that racist redneck shithole run by oil, drugs, and hookers.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Hmmm despite the fact I want to continue this tank...NEVER! FUCK DEADMONTON! Even Leafs vs Habs Bell Centre end of this month when I'll be in attendance I'd rather cheer for the Habs then. Not Crapmonton. NEVER cheering for that racist redneck shithole run by oil, drugs, and hookers.

You're looking for the wrong type of victory

Top Bottom