• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2015 |OT| The next Maple Leafs goal will be scored by Connor McDavid

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
This game is already intense as fuck.

Video tribute and standing ovation for Kevin Klein. After saving a goal moments earlier.

Deraldin

Unconfirmed Member
Weise is a great player when he's in his proper role, aka a bottom 6 spot. He doesn't need to be traded, Therrien just needs to be shipped off to Madagascar. It's just like the same hard on Martin had for Darche when he was here, I don't get it.

This, there's nothing wrong with Weise, he's just not where he should be with his talents.

Hey I like Dale. Great Player but I feel he belongs on a 3rd or fourth line with Prust or something.

Hah, nothing against Weise really. I do like him in that bottom 6 role where he is pretty effective. It was just a joke that the only way were are going to get him off that first line permanently is if Bergevin trades him or fires Therrien.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Pretty fun first period. Rangers outshooting the Preds, but Nashville has clearly had the better chances so far. This could easily be 3-0 right now if not for Talbot, Klein, and some luck.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Colin Wilson is out for the remainder of the game for Nashville with an upper body injury. He took a big (clean) open ice shoulder check from Girardi in the first and managed to stay on his feet. That might have been what did it, though.

Shea Weber to the box for interfering with Nash.

Jesper Fast is out for the remainder of the game with a leg injury.

tumblr_inline_mvjqmx7XpW1qhym9b.gif

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Josi and Weber with back to back blasts. Yikes.

That period was all Rangers, especially in the second half of the period, until the last 1:20. That's a huge letdown.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Nashville's D has been really impressive in dealing with the Rangers' odd man rushes. Maybe the best at defending and recovering on those that we've seen this season.

zroid

Banned
I miss Grabo

Signing Kadri long-term feels like a bad idea. He needs another bridge contract, because he's too inconsistent.

I know Kadri has a reputation for "overvaluing" himself, but the truth is he's probably that valuable, or at least close. He's undervalued by the league (and Leafs), if anything. Now would be a good time to get a long term deal done rather than let him become elite in the coming years and price himself out of the Leafs' budget.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Talbot to the bench, so 4-2 Preds incoming.

EDIT: Preds to the power play. Close enough.

EDIT 2: This is one crazy as fuck finish.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
That was a wild finish.

Frustrating as we played well enough to win despite missing Lundqvist and Stepan. Probably our best effort in a loss all season. Oh well.

Right back at it here at the Garden tomorrow.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Jesper Fast has a sprained knee, team will know more "in the coming days."

If Stepan can't go tomorrow still then we're out of forwards. Might need to call someone up just in case. Curious to see who they would call first. I would think either Lindberg or Haggerty.

Yawnier

Banned
There's this documentary on W-5 about fake hockey and sports jerseys, even Borje Salming is in it briefly.

Sort of interesting

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
There's this documentary on W-5 about fake hockey and sports jerseys, even Borje Salming is in it briefly.

Sort of interesting

This is why I'd never buy something for the autograph on it. There's no attachment to a random signature anyway, it only makes sense to get something of yours signed.

Top Bottom