• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2013 |OT| - "Double-B to Double-M" The Milbury Leafs Era Begins NOW

MacAttack

Odds to win Stanley Cup:

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/...penguins-81-favorites-blue-jackets-1001-dogs/

TOP TEN
Pittsburgh Penguins 8/1
New York Rangers 17/2
Vancouver Canucks 9/1
Los Angeles Kings 12/1
Philadelphia Flyers 12/1
Chicago Blackhawks 14/1
Boston Bruins 16/1
Detroit Red Wings 16/1
St. Louis Blues 16/1
Minnesota Wild 18/1

Article was posted today and the odds seem to be current. I might put down some cash on Boston @ 16/1 odds.

I dont see any asterisk for this years winner either. The league would be better with 20 less games anyway. Tight schedules and injuries will play a part but every team has to deal with similar circumstances.

When LeBron won last year there was no asterisk, it was clear they were the best team and nobody can take that away from them. Unfortunately.

Slurmer

Banned
Odds to win Stanley Cup:

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/...penguins-81-favorites-blue-jackets-1001-dogs/

TOP TEN
Pittsburgh Penguins 8/1
New York Rangers 17/2
Vancouver Canucks 9/1
Los Angeles Kings 12/1
Philadelphia Flyers 12/1
Chicago Blackhawks 14/1
Boston Bruins 16/1
Detroit Red Wings 16/1
St. Louis Blues 16/1
Minnesota Wild 18/1

Article was posted today and the odds seem to be current. I might put down some cash on Boston @ 16/1 odds.

I dont see any asterisk for this years winner either. The league would be better with 20 less games anyway. Tight schedules and injuries will play a part but every team has to deal with similar circumstances.

When LeBron won last year there was no asterisk, it was clear they were the best team and nobody can take that away from them. Unfortunately.

Yeah ill put something on minnesota at 18/1

Acid08

Banned
Odds to win Stanley Cup:

TOP TEN
Pittsburgh Penguins 8/1
New York Rangers 17/2
Vancouver Canucks 9/1
Los Angeles Kings 12/1
Philadelphia Flyers 12/1
Chicago Blackhawks 14/1
Boston Bruins 16/1
Detroit Red Wings 16/1
St. Louis Blues 16/1
Minnesota Wild 18/1

Really?

ZeroGravity

A lot of open spots on Tampa's roster, especially with how many good players we have down in the AHL. I honestly have no idea what it will look like opening night.

MPW

Odds to win Stanley Cup:

TOP TEN
Pittsburgh Penguins 8/1
New York Rangers 17/2
Vancouver Canucks 9/1
Los Angeles Kings 12/1
Philadelphia Flyers 12/1
Chicago Blackhawks 14/1
Boston Bruins 16/1
Detroit Red Wings 16/1
St. Louis Blues 16/1
Minnesota Wild 18/1

wow

Odds to win Stanley Cup:

TOP TEN
Pittsburgh Penguins 8/1
New York Rangers 17/2
Vancouver Canucks 9/1
Los Angeles Kings 12/1
Philadelphia Flyers 12/1
Chicago Blackhawks 14/1
Boston Bruins 16/1
Detroit Red Wings 16/1
St. Louis Blues 16/1
Minnesota Wild 18/1

lol at the Pens, Hawks, and Flyers odds. None of those teams is winning it this year.

Cactus

Banned
The Leafs only have one obvious buyout candidate, so does anyone think that Burke (and other GM's in a similar position) will take huge salary dumps this summer along with a valuable asset from teams who would rather not spend a tonne of cash to dump a certain player?

The SNEs roster

Silfverberg- Spezza- Michalek
Latendresse- Turris- Alfie
Greening- Regin- Smith
Condra- Obrien- Neil

Karlsson- Karlsson
Karlsson- Karlsson
Karlsson- Karlsson

Anderson
Bishop/ LehnerLehner

Think we'll see Benoit/Wiercioch/Boro maybe even Ceci called up on D.

Lehner will stay in Bingo unless there's injuries or someone shits the bed

Lupul - Bozak/Connolly - Kessel
JVR - Grabovski - MacArthur/Kadri
Frattin - McClement - Kulemin
Komarov - Steckel - Brown
Orr/Lombardi

Gunnarsson - Phaneuf
Liles - Franson/Komisarek
Ranger - Holzer
Gardiner (IR)

Reimer - Scrivens

Definitely some extra bodies that can be sent to VAN. I guess Bozak, Connolly or Franson make the most sense.

I'd say MacArthur, Franson, or Kulemin make the most sense to move to Vancouver. I can't see the 'Nucks taking Connolly off our hands anyways, and Bozak would be a great 3rd line center. Keep him!

I'd like to see a lineup like this:

Lupul - Connolly - Kessel
JVR - Grabovski - Kulemin/MacArthur
Frattin - Bozak - Kadri
Komorov - Steckel - McClement

Gunnarsson - Phaneuf
Liles - Komiserek (until Gards is back)
Ranger - Holzer

Luongo - Reimer

As far as dreams go, that one is not too lofty.

The Leafs only have one obvious buyout candidate, so does anyone think that Burke (and other GM's in a similar position) will take huge salary dumps this summer along with a valuable asset from teams who would rather not spend a tonne of cash to dump a certain player?

Toronto has, for whatever reason, been completely unable to turn their financial clout into an advantage. I can't see this being any different. :(

CCF23

I'd throw some money down on the Canucks/Kings/Blues and hope a West team wins the Cup. Feel like there's a bit of a gap in the west after those 3 teams.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

Yeah but think about it. He's got this year and next. Would you really "waste" an amnesty or buyout whatever it's called on that? It may be more valuable to save it for years down the road.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Just looking over last years totals based on same conference play (to give an idea as this year is pure conference play)

Differences in east :

Washington would have won the division instead of Florida
Philadelphia would have home ice advantage (4th seed)

Differences in west:

Nashville would have won their division instead of St. Louis
Dallas would be in playoffs, San Jose would have missed
Chicago would be 8th seed

Yeah but think about it. He's got this year and next. Would you really "waste" an amnesty or buyout whatever it's called on that? It may be more valuable to save it for years down the road.

I thought I read somewhere that they're only good for the next two years?

One word...

Datsyuk

image.php

Cactus

Banned
Oh, they can be kept? I thought they had to be used by 2015 or something like that. At least, that's how I understood dopey's explanation.

If they do expire, yeah, it would be smart to keep Komisarek and try to convince two poor teams to send over a behemoth contract and a valuable asset in exchange for a spare part.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
And guys

They aren't amnesty buyouts

They're compliance buyouts

They function exactly like regular buyouts but no cap hit (75% paid out over double term left)

Can be used before and after 2013-2014 season (I assume before July 1st or September 15)

It's actually better to buyout short term contracts instead of long term.

My attempt.

McDonald Backes Oshie
Perron Berglund Tarasenko
D'Agostini Steen Stewart
Langenbrunner Sobotka Reeves (Nichol)

Cole (Woywitka) Pietrangelo
Jackman Shattenkirk
Russell Polak

Halak
Elliott

Opening night:

D'Agostini Backes Oshie
Perron Berglund Stewart
McDonald Steen Tarasenko
Sobotka Nichol Langs/Reaves

Cole Pietrangelo
Jackman Shattenkirk
Russell Polak
Woywitka

Halak
Elliott

Dags probably doesn't stay there long. Second line depends a lot on Stewart. Hitch mentioned after one of the pre-lockout skates that he saw Tarasenko melding with a McDonald Steen line really well.

Schwartz could potentially get thrown into the mix, but it's not like he's been lighting up the AHL. Cole pairing with Petro doesn't leave me with much confidence, but make or break I suppose. They were the only two scratched from the Rivs game today.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Habs roster day 1

Patches - DD - Cole
Bourque - Plekanec - Gionta
Moen - Eller - Armstrong
Prust - Gomez - White

Gorges - Subban
Markov - Emelin
Kaberle / Diaz / Weber / Boullion

Price

Take out Gomez, bump Bourque to the 3rd line and place Gally on Plekanec's wing if he stays up for the season which would be fucking stupid. If everyone can stay healthy we would be right in there for the 9th spot.

I was about to give you shit but wtf? Didn't Habs-GAF have a healthy following? Did everyone get banned or something?
The season from hell has purified our ranks, and weeded out the non believers.

LICK MY BALLS, NOPERS!!!! LICK MY BALLS, NOPERS!!!! LICK MY BALLS, NOPERS!!!! LICK MY BALLS, NOPERS!!!! LICK MY BALLS, NOPERS!!!! LICK MY BALLS, NOPERS!!!! LICK MY BALLS, NOPERS!!!! LICK MY BALLS, NOPERS!!!! LICK MY BALLS, NOPERS!!!! LICK MY BALLS, NOPERS!!!! LICK MY BALLS, NOPERS!!!! LICK MY BALLS, NOPERS!!!! LICK MY BALLS, NOPERS!!!! LICK MY BALLS, NOPERS!!!! LICK MY BALLS, NOPERS!!!! LICK MY BALLS, NOPERS!!!! LICK MY BALLS, NOPERS!!!! LICK MY BALLS, NOPERS!!!! LICK MY BALLS, NOPERS!!!! LICK MY BALLS, NOPERS!!!! LICK MY BALLS, NOPERS!!!! LICK MY BALLS, NOPERS!!!! LICK MY BALLS, NOPERS!!!! LICK MY BALLS, NOPERS!!!! LICK MY BALLS, NOPERS!!!! LICK MY BALLS, NOPERS!!!! LICK MY BALLS, NOPERS!!!! LICK MY BALLS, NOPERS!!!! LICK MY BALLS, NOPERS!!!! LICK MY BALLS, NOPERS!!!! LICK MY BALLS, NOPERS!!!! LICK MY BALLS, NOPERS!!!! LICK MY BALLS, NOPERS!!!! LICK MY BALLS, NOPERS!!!! LICK MY BALLS, NOPERS!!!! LICK MY BALLS, NOPERS!!!! LICK MY BALLS, NOPERS!!!! LICK MY BALLS, NOPERS!!!! LICK MY BALLS, NOPERS!!!! LICK MY BALLS, NOPERS!!!! LICK MY BALLS, NOPERS!!!! LICK MY BALLS, NOPERS!!!! LICK MY BALLS, NOPERS!!!! LICK MY BALLS, NOPERS!!!! LICK MY BALLS, NOPERS!!!! LICK MY BALLS, NOPERS!!!! LICK MY BALLS, NOPERS!!!! LICK MY BALLS, NOPERS!!!! LICK MY BALLS, NOPERS!!!! LICK MY BALLS, NOPERS!!!! LICK MY BALLS, NOPERS!!!! LICK MY BALLS, NOPERS!!!! LICK MY BALLS, NOPERS!!!! LICK MY BALLS, NOPERS!!!! LICK MY BALLS, NOPERS!!!! LICK MY BALLS, NOPERS!!!! LICK MY BALLS, NOPERS!!!! LICK MY BALLS, NOPERS!!!! LICK MY BALLS, NOPERS!!!! LICK MY BALLS, NOPERS!!!! LICK MY BALLS, NOPERS!!!! LICK MY BALLS, NOPERS!!!! LICK MY BALLS, NOPERS!!!! LICK MY BALLS, NOPERS!!!! LICK MY BALLS, NOPERS!!!! LICK MY BALLS, NOPERS!!!! LICK MY BALLS, NOPERS!!!! LICK MY BALLS, NOPERS!!!! LICK MY BALLS, NOPERS!!!! LICK MY BALLS, NOPERS!!!! LICK MY BALLS, NOPERS!!!! LICK MY BALLS, NOPERS!!!! LICK MY BALLS, NOPERS!!!! LICK MY BALLS, NOPERS!!!! LICK MY BALLS, NOPERS!!!! LICK MY BALLS, NOPERS!!!! LICK MY BALLS, NOPERS!!!! LICK MY BALLS, NOPERS!!!! LICK MY BALLS, NOPERS!!!! LICK MY BALLS, NOPERS!!!! LICK MY BALLS, NOPERS!!!! LICK MY BALLS, NOPERS!!!! LICK MY BALLS, NOPERS!!!! LICK MY BALLS, NOPERS!!!! LICK MY BALLS, NOPERS!!!! LICK MY BALLS, NOPERS!!!! LICK MY BALLS, NOPERS!!!! LICK MY BALLS, NOPERS!!!! LICK MY BALLS, NOPERS!!!! LICK MY BALLS, NOPERS!!!! LICK MY BALLS, NOPERS!!!! LICK MY BALLS, NOPERS!!!! LICK MY BALLS, NOPERS!!!! LICK MY BALLS, NOPERS!!!! LICK MY BALLS, NOPERS!!!! LICK MY BALLS, NOPERS!!!! LICK MY BALLS, NOPERS!!!! LICK MY BALLS, NOPERS!!!! LICK MY BALLS, NOPERS!!!! LICK MY BALLS, NOPERS!!!! LICK MY BALLS, NOPERS!!!! LICK MY BALLS, NOPERS!!!! LICK MY BALLS, NOPERS!!!! LICK MY BALLS, NOPERS!!!! LICK MY BALLS, NOPERS!!!! LICK MY BALLS, NOPERS!!!! LICK MY BALLS, NOPERS!!!! LICK MY BALLS, NOPERS!!!! LICK MY BALLS, NOPERS!!!! LICK MY BALLS, NOPERS!!!! LICK MY BALLS, NOPERS!!!! LICK MY BALLS, NOPERS!!!! LICK MY BALLS, NOPERS!!!! LICK MY BALLS, NOPERS!!!! LICK MY BALLS, NOPERS!!!! LICK MY BALLS, NOPERS!!!! LICK MY BALLS, NOPERS!!!! LICK MY BALLS, NOPERS!!!! LICK MY BALLS, NOPERS!!!! LICK MY BALLS, NOPERS!!!! LICK MY BALLS, NOPERS!!!! LICK MY BALLS, NOPERS!!!! LICK MY BALLS, NOPERS!!!! LICK MY BALLS, NOPERS!!!! LICK MY BALLS, NOPERS!!!! LICK MY BALLS, NOPERS!!!! LICK MY BALLS, NOPERS!!!! LICK MY BALLS, NOPERS!!!! LICK MY BALLS, NOPERS!!!! LICK MY BALLS, NOPERS!!!! LICK MY BALLS, NOPERS!!!! LICK MY BALLS, NOPERS!!!! LICK MY BALLS, NOPERS!!!! LICK MY BALLS, NOPERS!!!! LICK MY BALLS, NOPERS!!!! LICK MY BALLS, NOPERS!!!! LICK MY BALLS, NOPERS!!!! LICK MY BALLS, NOPERS!!!! LICK MY BALLS, NOPERS!!!! LICK MY BALLS, NOPERS!!!! LICK MY BALLS, NOPERS!!!! LICK MY BALLS, NOPERS!!!! LICK MY BALLS, NOPERS!!!! LICK MY BALLS, NOPERS!!!! LICK MY BALLS, NOPERS!!!! LICK MY BALLS, NOPERS!!!! LICK MY BALLS, NOPERS!!!! LICK MY BALLS, NOPERS!!!! LICK MY BALLS, NOPERS!!!! LICK MY BALLS, NOPERS!!!! LICK MY BALLS, NOPERS!!!! LICK MY BALLS, NOPERS!!!! LICK MY BALLS, NOPERS!!!! LICK MY BALLS, NOPERS!!!! LICK MY BALLS, NOPERS!!!! LICK MY BALLS, NOPERS!!!! LICK MY BALLS, NOPERS!!!! LICK MY BALLS, NOPERS!!!! LICK MY BALLS, NOPERS!!!! LICK MY BALLS, NOPERS!!!! LICK MY BALLS, NOPERS!!!! LICK MY BALLS, NOPERS!!!! LICK MY BALLS, NOPERS!!!! LICK MY BALLS, NOPERS!!!! LICK MY BALLS, NOPERS!!!! LICK MY BALLS, NOPERS!!!! LICK MY BALLS, NOPERS!!!! LICK MY BALLS, NOPERS!!!! LICK MY BALLS, NOPERS!!!! LICK MY BALLS, NOPERS!!!! LICK MY BALLS, NOPERS!!!! LICK MY BALLS, NOPERS!!!!

And now Solo is banned for 10 years!!!

Qdig0.gif

belvedere

Junior Butler
Opening night?

D'Agostini Backes Oshie
Perron Berglund Stewart
McDonald Steen Tarasenko

Cole Pietrangelo
Jackman Shattenkirk
Russell Polak
Woywitka

Halak
Elliott

Dags probably doesn't stay there long. Second line depends a lot on Stewart. Hitch mentioned after one of the pre-lockout skates that he saw Tarasenko melding with a McDonald Steen line really well.

Schwartz could potentially get thrown into the mix, but it's not like he's been lighting up the AHL. Cole pairing with Petro doesn't leave me with much confidence, but make or break I suppose. They were the only two scratched from the Rivs game today.

What's the latest on Tarasenko? Last I heard he sustained an injury in the KHL.

Socreges

Banned
FortunateSon, no one likes you. It's not just Canucks fans. Your posts are obnoxious nonsense.

If this trade does take place, watch what all these Canuckleheads start saying then about Loluongo.
The writing's been on the wall for months and we've continued to praise and defend him. Meanwhile we've been joined by Leafs fans.

Both fanbases will have some people change their tune, I'm sure. I'll continue to speak highly of him. But I've been wanting Schneider to take his place for over a year.

CCF23

Schwartz won't make the team for the Blues?

The prospect depth that team has is fucking RIDICULOUS.

The writing's been on the wall for months and we've continued to praise and defend him. Meanwhile we've been joined by Leafs fans.

Both fanbases will have some people change their tune, I'm sure. I'll continue to speak highly of him. But I've been wanting Schneider to take his place for over a year.

Yep. Luongo's a very good goalie and I'm thankful for his service here. That said, it's Schneider time.

Nash - Richards - Gaborik/Callahan
Kreider - Stepan - Callahan/Gaborik
Hagelin - Boyle - Pyatt
Asham - Halpern - Rupp

McDonaugh - Girardi
Bickel - Staal
Stralman - Del Zotto
Emminger

CREMSteve

FortunateSon, no one likes you. It's not just Canucks fans. Your posts are obnoxious nonsense.

Let's not get carried away.

I may not agree with his/her posts, but that doesn't mean I actually dislike the individual.

Red_Man

My money on teams winning the cup is Blues for the West, and Rangers / Pens for the East as much as it pains me to give either of them recognition.

Cactus

Banned
Marek on sportsnet: "Will it be Sidney Crosby and the Pens, the young guns on the Oilers or the defending champs? Who are the favourites to win the Stanley Cup?

............yeah.

I can't really predict an accurate opening roster for Anaheim due to all the movement, the leaving of Hagman and Blake and the spots that will obviously be filled by expectant rookies like Emerson Etem, Nick Bonino and Sami Vatenen...

Nevertheless, lemme give it a shot:

Ryan / Getzlaf / Perry
Palmieri / Koivu / Selanne
Etem / Bonino / Smith-Pelly
Beleskey / Cogliano / Staubitz
Maroon
Holland

Fowler / Beauchemin
Sbisa / Lydman
Allen / Souray
??? (Vatenen? Clark?)

Hiller
Fasth
Deslauriers

Revenant

I can't really predict an accurate opening roster for Anaheim due to all the movement, the leaving of Hagman and Blake and the spots that will obviously be filled by expectant rookies like Emerson Etem, Nick Bonino and Sami Vatenen...

Nevertheless, lemme give it a shot:

Ryan / Getzlaf / Perry
Palmieri / Koivu / Selanne
Etem / Bonino / Smith-Pelly
Beleskey / Cogliano / Staubitz
Maroon
Holland

Fowler / Beauchemin
Sbisa / Lydman
Allen / Souray
??? (Vatenen? Clark?)

Hiller
Fasth
Deslauriers

m1C1E.gif

FOOTE

Opening night?

D'Agostini Backes Oshie
Perron Berglund Stewart
McDonald Steen Tarasenko

Cole Pietrangelo
Jackman Shattenkirk
Russell Polak
Woywitka

Halak
Elliott

Yours is a better guess I think. Especially for opening night.

Dags, I agree probably wont stay there for long unless it really clicks. I like Stewart, but I know Hitchcock has him on a short leash so I placed him as high as I thought I could. Maybe I'm thinking what I believe the lines could morph into over time.

Hopefully Cole has improved his game, he's going to get a lot of ice.

I have high hopes for Schwartz. I think he can be a pretty good scorer with some time.

Red_Man

Subban is meeting with his agent tomorrow at noon to figure out the contract stuff, the feeling is Bergevin want's him to do a 2 year contract and then go for the big one, but Subban want's a long term contract. Really hope they can work it out.

Socreges

Banned
Wow. Everyone thinks their rookies will be in the top 6. I'm sure some will (Huberdeau?), though.

Let's not get carried away.

I may not agree with his/her posts, but that doesn't mean I actually dislike the individual.
Sorry.

FortunateSon, CREMSteve still likes you.

Habs roster day 1

Patches - DD - Cole
Bourque - Plekanec - Gionta
Moen - Eller - Armstrong
Prust - Gomez - White

Gorges - Subban
Markov - Emelin
Kaberle / Diaz / Weber / Boullion

Price
Are we missing someone? I remember making rosters without Gomez

No offense to the Penguins, but they got out and out embarrassed in the playoffs and did absolutely nothing to correct their defensive problems, in fact, they lost a 20 minute plus d-man and they downgraded from Staal to Sutter. That top 6 is still puts 90% of teams in the league to shame (if not more), but wheres the rest of the team?

Top Bottom