• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2013 |OT| - "Double-B to Double-M" The Milbury Leafs Era Begins NOW

Socreges

Banned
It ain't obnoxious. It's the truth. And everyone on here are strangers to me, it's a discusssion forum. So if someone likes me or not is not really my call. It's just a forum. I will take it as a compliment if anything.

I mean, marvie and whatnot have me on ignore. I don't see the problem. Why do you have sich an issue? Canucks fans like you are an emotional wreck at the moment, and I don't blame you after what has happened the last 2 seasons. All those tears and crying takes a lot out of them/you.
You might be an outstanding person with a wonderful sense of humour in real life. I have no idea. But at least when you type out sentences into post form on NeoGAF, you are thoroughly terrible.

That's the main thing, though there may not be much available =/

I know Staal is great, and I'm not anti-Bickel like many are, but I'd be happier not seeing him get that much TOI. If you have last year's Bickel getting 20+ minutes a game paired with Staal, I don't think you're a contender... and you do want Staal on the ice that much, which is why I don't think they're paired no matter if DZ and Stralman work well together. But hey, I'm all for giving it a look early on. There's nothing saying he can't/won't improve and be viable.

It's kind of a puzzle. One that healthy Sauer probably would have solved.

DZ and Bickel would be a disaster, so would Stralman and Bickel, so you gotta go with Staal and Bickel. Staal is good enough to raise Bickel's level of play - DZ and Stralman aren't. They played together a lot last season so it will be fine. But they will need to upgrade for the playoffs. I don't want Bickel anywhere near a healthy starting lineup if the Rangers make it in.

You might be an outstanding person with a wonderful sense of humour in real life. I have no idea. But at least when you type out sentences into post form on NeoGAF, you are thoroughly terrible.

Guess we're even then. You got it. :). And lets hope we get some good hockey this season. Leafs ain't making the playoffs. I'm calling it. Why? Because we have Reimer and Scrivens. Unfortunately, for us.

Quick

Banned
A discussion means having a group of people converse. People here may be strangers at the end of the day, but being a jerk means zero dialogue from them and it'll be like talking to a wall when everyone has you on their ignore list.

That might sound nice to you, but completely defeats the purpose of your membership and participation here.

And I sincerely doubt that you're different IRL. Unless you have a robot typing for you, exposing at least part of your personality here isn't something you can prevent.

Leafs are getting Luongo and you'll like it.

You are so confident on the outcome of Luongo's situation with a statement like that. Look at you. I really hope we give up minimal for that terrible contract. Minimal please Burke.

I swear I'm going to lose it if we mess up.

Look at you. You're like Fox News: The Person.

dstrdl pls.

A discussion means having a group of people converse. People here may be strangers at the end of the day, but being a jerk means zero dialogue from them and it'll be like talking to a wall when everyone has you on their ignore list.

Yeah, if it comes down to that. I'll take notice and leave or whatever you know. Not a big deal. Nowhere in my posts do I come off as a jerk, I was throughly defending my stance on why leafs shouldn't go for Luongo. I just get carried away sometimes in heated conversations/debate or whatever. I never called anyone any names or piss on people.

And I sincerely doubt that you're different IRL. Unless you have a robot typing for you, exposing at least part of your personality here isn't something you can prevent.

Um, you never met me. You don't know me. Maybe one day when you meet me, you can actually take some notes and post your experience here. Would be fun. Don't you think? I'll wait.

Socreges

Banned

That might sound nice to you, but completely defeats the purpose of your membership and participation here.

I always knew that amicable Leafs fan facade would eventually break down, revealing the bitter Canucks fan that you truly are.

You don't get to do that. You haven't earned it.
I'm beginning to feel bad for him now. And internet empathy does not come easily to me.

Revenant

soc have you been putting some decent time in into trials? If you have some times to beat I'm ready to take a dump on them.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Someone pointed out an obvious flaw on HF (one I didn't catch)

If all 30 teams are playing opening night, its impossible that its conference only play

Revenant

All this salt does me good.

funny-gifs-clam-eating-salt-off-a-table.gif

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

Well we can always find out the next time Toronto-GAF has a get-together. I'll be sure to let everyone know.

Erdrick

I look forward to more hits like that from Kronwall, at least that will make up for our poor overall D. :/

He's always a solid defenceman, and can pretty much take down anyone that comes into the Wings zone. He's the one Red Wing (Ok, I lied. Darren Helm too.) I'd totally love to have here in Winnipeg. He and Mark Stuart on the same line would be a pretty intimidating sight. You guys can have Ron Hainsey and Nik Antropov in exchange for Helm and Kronwall. Sounds good, hmm? =P

Man I love that "if you're a Canucks fan you're saying he left his feet" as the replay shows kronwall levitating David blain style. But as a counter argument fucking Kessler so I guess it evens out.

Ok back to watching RG3 writhing. HOCKEY HOCKEY HOCKEY

I didn't even see the game live as it happened. Being as it was on the west coast, it was later and I had to work early in the am, so I was asleep when a friend of mine called me and all he said as I answered was: "HIT OF THE YEAR." lol Kessler was sooooo pissed after that hit and I think he got a penalty for his temper tantrum after it too haha.

I echo your HOCKEY sentiments though... Can't wait to make it back out to the MTS Centre whenever I can this year. It's like Christmas all over again.

You don't get to do that. You haven't earned it.

I honestly figured as much. Thought I'd try my luck though. :(

One day though huh dasterdly but I guess that day will never come as everyone will have me on ignore and I'll have a discussion with myself or the wall. That sucks.

Well we can always find out the next time Toronto-GAF has a get-together. I'll be sure to let everyone know.

I'm honestly just asking, I've seen the thread and all but isn't it creepy meeting the people you know on the forum?

Quick

Banned
Um, you never met me. You don't know me. Maybe one day when you meet me, you can actually take some notes and post your experience here. WOuld be fun. Don't you think? I'll wait.

The moment you began posting here, you've already let people know about how you are, either wholly or in part.

We've never met, but judging from your posts, you seem like someone desperate for attention from so-called strangers. Otherwise, you'd have replied to any posts here without acting like a genuine ass, or have to remind people of what you tell yourself anytime you post here.

Quick Tip: Ease up, bro. Be kind, rewind.

I always knew that amicable Leafs fan facade would eventually break down, revealing the bitter Canucks fan that you truly are.

You don't know me, asshole. You're just a stranger, Soc.

Over Pho, right?!

One day though huh dasterdly but I guess that day will never come as everyone will have me on ignore and I'll have a discussion with myself or the wall. That sucks.

ahhbssshhttttsssknawwwwwwwwwwww

fudgesicles, now I feel bad...

Do whatever you want guy.

Tim Tebow of the North?

No, that's Taylor Hall.

Is there a difference between an 'amnesty' buyout and a 'compliance' buyout? Or is this just the NHL's attempt at couching?

Are there any specific buyout rules about how long a player has been with your franchise? I'm thinking of a situation like Toronto's, where we now (finally) only have one real candidate for such a thing. For example, could the Bruins trade Savard for let's say a conditional 7th round pick to the Leafs, and the Leafs in turn immediately buyout Savard's contract?

Quick

Banned
No, that's Taylor Hall.

Is there a difference between an 'amnesty' buyout and a 'compliance' buyout? Or is this just the NHL's attempt at couching?

Are there any specific buyout rules about how long a player has been with your franchise? I'm thinking of a situation like Toronto's, where we now (finally) only have one real candidate for such a thing. For example, could the Bruins trade Savard for let's say a conditional 7th round pick to the Leafs, and the Leafs in turn immediately buyout Savard's contract?

Savard is in LTIR, I'm 90% sure, so the Bruins have to take him off that first before doing anything.

Socreges

Banned
FortunateSon said:

One day though huh dasterdly but I guess that day will never come as everyone will have me on ignore and I'll have discussion with myself or the wall. That sucks.
Single+Tear+Native+American.gif

soc have you been putting some decent time in into trials? If you have some times to beat I'm ready to take a dump on them.
Go for it. I unlocked the Extreme tracks, which meant I had to do fairly well on most of the tracks (ie, Gold). I think you've got some work ahead of you.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Out of Leafs-GAF I think I've met Spl1nter, Kuro and Brinbe (might be one more but I'm drawing a blank right now)

I've known BigJonsson since high school but he hasn't been to a meetup yet.

All splendid people, except Kuro he's a douchebag who also wants me dead.

Savard is in LTIR, I'm 90% sure, so the Bruins have to take him off that first before doing anything.

Ok, but let's say DiPietro, or someone like that. Are buyouts only available to players you had on your roster previous to the new CBA? But yea, we'll find out soon enough.

edit: lol, more crack sports journalism:

SPECTOR’S NOTE: The Wild won’t buy out Parise, whom they just signed last summer.

The moment you began posting here, you've already let people know about how you are, either wholly or in part.

We've never met, but judging from your posts, you seem like someone desperate for attention from so-called strangers. Otherwise, you'd have replied to any posts here without acting like a genuine ass, or have to remind people of what you tell yourself anytime you post here.

Quick Tip: Ease up, bro. Be kind, rewind.

I'm usually on/off on here. Not much of a regular as some of you are. Exactly, you are judging me based off my posts. That's fine and all. But like I said, you don't know me personally. Don't go parading stuff you don't know about a person till you meet them. Um, I have been the one leaf fan here that thought we had goalie issues. It goes way back. I was very vocal about that. I enjoy defending my stance. I have no urge for any attention whatsoever or acting like a genuine ass as you put it.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Someone pointed out an obvious flaw on HF (one I didn't catch)

If all 30 teams are playing opening night, its impossible that its conference only play
Unless there's a realignment we haven't been told about yet where Winnipeg moves to the West without a team moving to the East.

Top Bottom