• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2013 |OT| - "Double-B to Double-M" The Milbury Leafs Era Begins NOW

Wow. Everyone thinks their rookies will be in the top 6. I'm sure some will (Huberdeau?), though.

Sorry.

FortunateSon, CREMSteve still likes you.

I'd bet dollars to donuts on Palmieri being second line on opening night. Not only does Blakes departure pretty much put a HELP WANTED sign on the second line, but nobody else is more qualified (was on the NHL roster nearly all last season) and been showing off more flashes of brilliance and potential than Palmieri himself. Also he fits in with Boudreaus system very well.

Technically he's a rookie, yeah, but he's also the most suitable.

NHL-gaf is definitely the most hostile community. You guys are way too cranky.

To quote the fine Goon movie: "THIS IS NOT FAHKIN' BASEBALL!"

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Are we missing someone? I remember making rosters without Gomez
Leblanc could slot in there, but I'm assuming that Gomez will be playing if he's getting paid. I don't see Bergevin / Therrien sitting him as much as I would love that.

I'd like to see Therrien shuffle the forwards around, something like this:

Patcioretty - Plekanec - Cole
DD - Eller - Gionta
Bourque - Gomez - Armstrong
Prust - White - Moen

We'll have too many center's once Gally comes up for good, so DD has to adjust to the wing, or we trade Plekanec next year. That 4th line would be filthy too.

Hunter S.

Feels good to start my long dormant thread on another site. This one was so Leaf orientated last year it was hard for me to follow.

Da Avalanche are going to beat the Wild and win the NothWest division.

Yours is a better guess I think. Especially for opening night.

Dags, I agree probably wont stay there for long unless it really clicks. I like Stewart, but I know Hitchcock has him on a short leash so I placed him as high as I thought I could. Maybe I'm thinking what I believe the lines could morph into over time.

Hopefully Cole has improved his game, he's going to get a lot of ice.

I have high hopes for Schwartz. I think he can be a pretty good scorer with some time.

Would not be surprised to see the lines morph into something like that at all.

Socreges

Banned
Get fucked asscunt.
Amazing.

I'd bet dollars to donuts on Palmieri being second line on opening night. Not only does Blakes departure pretty much put a HELP WANTED sign on the second line, but nobody else is more qualified (was on the NHL roster nearly all last season) and been showing off more flashes of brilliance and potential than Palmieri himself. Also he fits in with Boudreaus system very well.

Technically he's a rookie, yeah, but he's also the most suitable.
Didn't actually think he was a rookie!

Was more talking about the guys with zero NHL experience. Cervenka, Tarasenko, Granlund, Brunner, Silfverberg, Bennett, Huberdeau...

Guys like Nyquist, Palmieri and Kreider have better shots at cracking the top 6 on their respective teams, though.

Hunter S Thompson said:
Da Avalanche are going to beat the Wild and win the NothWest division.
Nah.

Was more talking about the guys with zero NHL experience. Cervenka, Tarasenko, Granlund, Brunner, Silfverberg, Bennett, Huberdeau...

Guys like Nyquist, Palmieri and Kreider have better shots at cracking the top 6 on their respective teams, though.

Ah got ya :thumb:

Yeah, even the most unseasoned of rookies needs to actually prove themselves or be on a team of depleted talent... Like Edmonton.

Amazing.

Nah.

Kreider will 100% be there in the top 6. He was there in the playoffs last year.

Socreges

Banned
TSN is so happy to be talking about Luongo again. Their dream story. Two big Canadian markets. Controversial player. Just enough uncertainty to let them talk about it constantly.

Jesus fucking christ EA...

Why did you make the Devils draft me in BAP and then trade Brodeur for fucking LEIGHTON!? Are you that confident in my goalscoring abilities!?

Heretic

I can't really predict an accurate opening roster for Anaheim due to all the movement, the leaving of Hagman and Blake and the spots that will obviously be filled by expectant rookies like Emerson Etem, Nick Bonino and Sami Vatenen...

Nevertheless, lemme give it a shot:

Ryan / Getzlaf / Perry
Palmieri / Koivu / Selanne
Etem / Bonino / Smith-Pelly
Beleskey / Cogliano / Staubitz
Maroon
Holland

Fowler / Beauchemin
Sbisa / Lydman
Allen / Souray
??? (Vatenen? Clark?)

Hiller
Fasth
Deslauriers

You think Etem will beat out Holland?

He's been garbage for the past few months, dunno if that's a guarantee.

He's been garbage playing on a garbage AHL team where everyone has played like shit. I'm not worried.

And scored a bunch of goals, too. That's why I listed him. But he may not be a regular feature on the 2nd line to start.

He's already being "penciled" in by all the beat writers, including the writer employed by the Rangers Jim Cerny. He'll start the season there on the second line.

You think Etem will beat out Holland?

Yep. Holland provides size where Smith-Pelly already provides, ergo Etem will provide the quickness that the line needs. That's all I've got to base it off of though.

Production-wise, Holland deserves to be there more. But fitting in with the archetypes that Boudreau builds his lines on this makes it more likely in my head.

Maybe you should be playing 3 VS 3 ARCADE FEATURING HOCKEY SUPERSTAR NIK ANTROPOV

MAYBE I SHOULD BE RIGHT NOW

Did they ever change Atlanta to Winnipeg in that game?

They changed NOTHING. And if what Bish says is true, they were probably working on some sort of... spinoff or sequel... where that would have been changed.

Oh god I hope that project resurrects now that we have an NHL season...

10/10 avatar change dstrdl

I needed something fierce to combat Gally.

Stasis

Nash - Richards - Gaborik/Callahan
Kreider - Stepan - Callahan/Gaborik
Hagelin - Boyle - Pyatt
Asham - Halpern - Rupp

McDonaugh - Girardi
Bickel - Staal
Stralman - Del Zotto
Emminger

Top 6 looks good, but I think it's inter-changeable and we'll see many variations. I know the aim is that Richie and Nash mesh well since him and Gabs weren't a perfect fit. I think we need to have Nash and Gabby on separate lines for sure. I also think Hagelin is gonna be up there before Kreider. That spot will need to be earned and kept. I'd also like to give JT a look after he managed to fit in and produce in the WJC. Maybe 3rd line, possibly direct to C.

D I'd see more:

McDonagh - Girardi
Staal - Del Zotto
Bickel/Eminger - Stralman

Assuming we don't pick up another D somewhere or bring McIlrath up. No way Bickel gets 2nd line duty... he'll get minimal 3rd ideally. Stralman is a RH and will be used on the PP a lot. They're hopeful either DZ or Staal can be groomed into a right-sided D, but I don't know which is slotted where to begin... probably a mix in the top 4 D as well, but I believe Mac Truck stays up there 100% of the time unless he really struggles.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I needed something fierce to combat Gally.
He's watching you.

q7fRB.jpg

Actually the funny thing is how many of the players in 3 on 3 NHL Arcade are actually interchangeable...

Pronger was meant to be the lone Ducks player, and Koivu was meant to be the Canadiens rep and the Oilers had Cogliano... So now you can technically have Koivu, Cogliano and Pronger... While the Oilers fans can have Cogliano and Pronger.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
I hope every team plays on the 19th.

All teams are playing opening night

Josh Rimer ‏@JoshRimerHockey
So it's official! Game On Jan 19th!! All 30 teams will be in action Opening Night. Hearing Schedule should be released Thursday or Friday.

Socreges

Banned
Sedin / Sedin / Burrows
Booth / Kesler(inj) / Higgins
Raymond / Malhotra / Hansen
Weise / Lapierre / Kassian
Schroeder

Bieksa / Hamhuis
Edler(inj) / Garrison
Ballard / Tanev
Alberts

Schneider
????

I have no idea what this team is capable of. Canucks have been a .500 team through the first two months over the last few seasons. Only a few have actually been playing competitive hockey. Edler and Kesler are injured. We need a third line center, regardless.

I'm expecting a slow start and them barely making it into the playoffs. All I want really is a playoff spot.

KingHenrik30 said:
He's already being "penciled" in by all the beat writers, including the writer employed by the Rangers Jim Cerny. He'll start the season there on the second line.
Haven't said otherwise, dude

Top 6 looks good, but I think it's inter-changeable and we'll see many variations. I know the aim is that Richie and Nash mesh well since him and Gabs weren't a perfect fit. I think we need to have Nash and Gabby on separate lines for sure. I also think Hagelin is gonna be up there before Kreider. That spot will need to be earned and kept. I'd also like to give JT a look after he managed to fit in and produce in the WJC. Maybe 3rd line, possibly direct to C.

D I'd see more:

McDonagh - Girardi
Staal - Del Zotto
Bickel/Eminger - Stralman

Assuming we don't pick up another D somewhere or bring McIlrath up. No way Bickel gets 2nd line duty... he'll get minimal 3rd ideally. Stralman is a RH and will be used on the PP a lot. They're hopeful either DZ or Staal can be groomed into a right-sided D, but I don't know which is slotted where to begin... probably a mix in the top 4 D as well, but I believe Mac Truck stays up there 100% of the time unless he really struggles.

MDZ and Stralman work well together. Bickel and MDZ would be a nightmare, Staal is good enough to carry that line. Don't read into "lines", it's more about pairings. McIlrath just got back from injury and started playing this year so he won't see any time this year. As good as Hagelin was last year Kreider skates just as fast, and is bigger and stronger. JT won't get a look at camp, but will later on in the season, that was reported by brooks today. Rangers will need to acquire another D at the deadline though.

Marvie_3

Banned
He's watching you.

q7fRB.jpg
Wasn't he the kid that played Anakin Skywalker in Episode 1?

imt2jv7e3zbkbz7.jpg

Actually the funny thing is how many of the players in 3 on 3 NHL Arcade are actually interchangeable...

Pronger was meant to be the lone Ducks player, and Koivu was meant to be the Canadiens rep and the Oilers had Cogliano... So now you can technically have Koivu, Cogliano and Pronger... While the Oilers fans can have Cogliano and Pronger.
We need to get some 6 player games going some night.

DopeyFish

I've been using this avatar so long I don't even remember if its mikael renberg or robert reichel

Erdrick

Did they ever change Atlanta to Winnipeg in that game?

I can't speak for that game, as I have never played it, but I know in NHL13 if you use Winnipeg in the Winter Classic mode, the coach is wearing an Atlanta Thrashers jacket still, just like last year's version. I've also had the announcers refer to the team as Atlanta at the odd point or two still. Would be nice if they fixed that, and played our proper goal horn, but that is likely asking too much from EA.

DopeyFish

‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun NHL sent out memo to teams tonight saying Jan 19 puck drop is most probable, however if ratification process goes fast, Jan 15 still in play

Hey RaphaelFedExKillerBrahs

The Stars have asked for an extension on their deadline to submit new uniforms for the 2013-14 season, and have received it from the NHL. They probably have until late January now.

They are awaiting prototypes from Reebok so that they can be approved by the team and submitted to the NHL in time.

Among the key points:

1. They are drastically different from the current look.

2. There will be a new logo.

3. Green is the dominant color

FortunateSon, no one likes you. It's not just Canucks fans. Your posts are obnoxious nonsense.

It ain't obnoxious. It's the truth. And everyone on here are strangers to me, it's a discusssion forum. So if someone likes me or not is not really my call. It's just a forum. I will take it as a compliment if anything.

I mean, marvie and whatnot have me on ignore. I don't see the problem. Why do you have sich an issue? Canucks fans like you are an emotional wreck at the moment, and I don't blame you after what has happened the last 2 seasons. All those tears and crying takes a lot out of them/you.

Stasis

Rangers will need to acquire another D at the deadline though.

That's the main thing, though there may not be much available =/

I know Staal is great, and I'm not anti-Bickel like many are, but I'd be happier not seeing him get that much TOI. If you have last year's Bickel getting 20+ minutes a game paired with Staal, I don't think you're a contender... and you do want Staal on the ice that much, which is why I don't think they're paired no matter if DZ and Stralman work well together. But hey, I'm all for giving it a look early on. There's nothing saying he can't/won't improve and be viable.

It's kind of a puzzle. One that healthy Sauer probably would have solved.

Top Bottom