• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2013 |OT| - "Double-B to Double-M" The Milbury Leafs Era Begins NOW

A_-vwWhCEAAM2hj.png

One thing I miss is TSN's total neglect of everything Sens related.

Yeah I just lol'd when I saw that. At least they don't think we'll regress this year.

Stasis

DZ and Bickel would be a disaster, so would Stralman and Bickel, so you gotta go with Staal and Bickel. Staal is good enough to raise Bickel's level of play - DZ and Stralman aren't.

I know what you're saying, and I agree that I don't wanna see Bickel with guys like DZ or Stralman... but he has to have progressed tremendously to see anywhere near 20 minutes a game that he'd get playing with Staal. Maybe see a mix of him in with Staal and then in easier situations with Stralman, some rotation in the games. I'm pretty sure if Eminger's in he's gonna be on the 3rd pairing with Stralman to start and Bickel will be riding the pine mostly. Mac Truck, Girardi and Staal are going to be seeing a LOT of ice-time again. One of the reasons I don't mind the shorter season... though the compressed schedule won't help them.

Problem is injury depth, especially on D. Who's left after Bickel/Eminger? Gilroy... Redden...

We gotta pick someone up.

Cake Boss

Banned
Nah I am just kidding, he's not that type of a Swedish captain.

At least he would have some type of chemistry with the Sedins unlike the other guy.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I forgot Hudler is a flame now....

just tell me who's part of leaf-gaf and bruins-gaf. need to know who to hate
Now that Manics and Forza are gone, Leafs gaf is pretty awesome. Thankfully Fortunateson is here to make up for their absence.

Btw Fortuanteson, did you ever marry that waitress that was so into you, and not just for the tips?

Canucks will have trouble again, with Kesler injured. They'll get some goals from the defense though.

Expect a lot of 2-1 hockey.

If Luongo isn't traded they could get into the playoffs with strong goaltending.

I forgot Hudler is a flame now....

Now that Manics and Forza are gone, Leafs gaf is pretty awesome. Thankfully Fortunateson is here to make up for their absence.

Btw Fortuanteson, did you ever marry that waitress that was so into you, and not just for the tips?

Red_man, you just made forza and manics hate you a lot more by comparing me to them. Guess that was what you were going for? Lmao. Hahah.

Hmmm... You remembered. I actually wanted to update that thread since I came back but I decided against it. I'm just scared of getting banned.

To answer your question. No. We didn't get together but we are pretty darn good friends right now and sometimes tip over to more than just friends when we are having a good time. That's pretty much it. But I'm honestly happy with the outcome! I would have loved more but she declined.

Red_man, you just made forza and manics hate you a lot more by comparing me to them. Guess that was what you were going for? Lmao. Hahah.

Hmmm... You remembered. I actually wanted to update that thread since I came back but I decided against it. I'm just scared of getting banned.

To answer your question. No. We didn't get together but we are pretty darn good friends right now and sometimes tip over to more than just friends when we are having a good time. That's pretty much it. But I'm honestly happy with the outcome! I would have loved more but she declined.
...She decli-- wait. Did you ACTUALLY ask her to marry your or something ridiculous?

Cake Boss

Banned

Shut up.

...She decli-- wait. Did you ACTUALLY ask her to marry your or something ridiculous?

I was for some reason bloody obsessed with her. I think I tried asking her out multiple times. Perseverance (spelling?), she asked me if I knew what the meaning of it was... But we're cool now. It's good. All good.

Uh, he asked me a question. You guys, I don't know what's going on but the hate. Damn.

Uh, he asked me a question. You guys, I don't know what's going on but the hate. Damn.

This thread is full of immoderates - the way it should be.

I'm going to have to review my timeline and cut out all the crap hockey reporters I followed during the latter stages of the lockout. Jesse Spector? Wtf was I thinking.

BigJonsson, you're not at all involved with that sports store owner who printed up a bunch of Luongo Leafs jerseys a few weeks ago?

After 113 days, this is what 'TSN.ca Staff' posted under the headline "NHL ON TSN IDENTIFIES SIX URGENT MATTERS FACING TEAMS":

• Trading Roberto Luongo
  • Signing Restricted Free Agents
  • Canvassing the Trade Market
  • Filling Out Rosters (Unrestricted Free Agents)
  • Evaluating Top Prospects
  • Making Waiver Decisions

Trading Luongo, priority for ALL 30 teams.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Sedin / Sedin / Burrows
Booth / Kesler(inj) / Higgins
Raymond / Malhotra / Hansen
Weise / Lapierre / Kassian
Schroeder

Bieksa / Hamhuis
Edler(inj) / Garrison
Ballard / Tanev
Alberts

Schneider
????

I have no idea what this team is capable of. Canucks have been a .500 team through the first two months over the last few seasons. Only a few have actually been playing competitive hockey. Edler and Kesler are injured. We need a third line center, regardless.

I'm expecting a slow start and them barely making it into the playoffs. All I want really is a playoff spot.

Haven't said otherwise, dude

You think we'll sign someone for backup? I was always fully under the impression it'd just be Lack playing backup, we have more guys who can play NHL goalie... Also, I always thought/hoped the Edler "injury status" was more of a play-nice to let him get paid, so he'd be more likely to sign an extension. Now with a smaller cap, I'm even less confident we'll be able to though, as we'll have even less money to spare... we'll see :/ Hope Kesler is back soon, otherwise we're missing two centers... I can see Malhotra/Schroeder both competing for that 3rd line spot, with Malhotra maybe moving to the 4th and Lapierre to the wing, making Weise (hopefully, if Kassian doesn't suck) the 13th.... but then we're still missing a replacement for Kesler. Schroeder isn't good enough for 2nd, I'm afraid :(

EDIT: Damn, just realized/remembered Kruger is now Edmonton coach. Now I can't even dislike them that much anymore.

Also still not sure if I want Schultz to succeed or not. On the one hand, dstrdl/heretic, on the other, it would be hilarious. :/

Top Bottom