• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2013 |OT| - "Double-B to Double-M" The Milbury Leafs Era Begins NOW

Quick

Banned
He looks hungry.

ibbonVPrU1q8Sc.png

Socreges

Banned
To where? I'd put a LOT more money on the guess that Burke was fired for pursuing Luongo against MLSE's wishes than I would the guess that Burke was fired for not pursuing Luongo while MLSE wanted him to.
The opposite makes more sense, if reports are true. MLSE was apparently pressuring Burke to win now. They gave him a one year window. I'm guessing Burke cooled on the Luongo deal because of future cap issues while MLSE thought that was the way to make the Leafs competitive this season.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
The opposite makes more sense, if reports are true. MLSE was apparently pressuring Burke to win now. They gave him a one year window. I'm guessing Burke cooled on the Luongo deal because of future cap issues while MLSE thought that was the way to make the Leafs competitive this season.

Jesus Christ. I am so bummed out by this right now wow.

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
Former Islander Radek Martinek (underrated defensemen who unfortunately struggled with injury constantly) is skating with the team and will likely be invited to camp.

Guessing thats a safety net for this Visnosky situation. Ol' Lubo is in the lineup for his KHL team today also.

Quick

Banned

This is some JFJ/Peddie era type shit. Fucking hell.

lupinko

Fuck. I'm so scared. Say bye to our top prospects and high picks. Uggghhh....

I like Gardiner and all, and think Rielly can be something special in the future, but I wouldn't say the Leafs' farm system was as stacked as say the Jays'. And even then, look what the Jays did, and now they are picked by Vegas to win it all.

Socreges

Banned
Former Islander Radek Martinek (underrated defensemen who unfortunately struggled with injury constantly) is skating with the team and will likely be invited to camp.

Guessing thats a safety net for this Visnosky situation. Ol' Lubo is in the lineup for his KHL team today also.
Martinek makes Dipietro look like an iron man.

It must really suck being an Islanders fan sometimes. I'm so sorry, TeethMummy. I am so. sorry.

LOL SENIOR ADVISOR.

FUCKING LOL.

LOL LOL LOL

The Eagles did the same thing when they fired Banner last year. Said he would remain with the team as an advisor and a month later he had a job with a different team. I doubt that it will take to long for BB to get another GM job.

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
Martinek makes Dipietro look like an iron man.

It must really suck being an Islanders fan sometimes. I'm so sorry, TeethMummy. I am so. sorry.

Martinek was so frustrating. Guy was excellent when he was playing, but every year it was inevitable, just like DiPietro.

If he can make the team and play fairly well, I'll be stoked for him, poor guy had some terrible luck. Yes, being an Islander fan is painful, but at least we've made the playoffs more recently than the Leafs (06-07)

Top Bottom