• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2013 |OT| Black History Forever

Canuck76

Banned
Umm its kinda circumstantial, same reason my mom moved to the states semi permanently (marriage) in some cases it was opportunities in others it was my dads work growing up that caused us to move a ton. I didnt move to Canada until I was 15 or so, but obviously visited a ton, but its where I did HS and some of Uni so I call it home, at least it feels the most like home :)

@Canuck, yeah your points are spot on, you forgot slurpees, the slurpees here are whack as hell.

OH! I totally forgot. Huskies gas station slurpees were a weekly ritual for me as a kid. I bet you i ain't had a slurpy since i've been back!

Unfortunately my move to Portland puts Van city as the closest drive to see a game. Not especially happy with that but I VERY nearly mpved to Anaheim instead, so bullet dodged (perhaps quite literally lol)

zedge

Unfortunately my move to Portland puts Van city as the closest drive to see a game. Not especially happy with that but I VERY nearly mpved to Anaheim instead, so bullet dodged (perhaps quite literally lol)

Do you like soccer? Portland Timber games look like an awesome time. Crazy fans there.

Tabris

The last page or so...

iMOTrP0BsWhyz.gif

Marvie's post history...

slapfest.GIF

Do you like soccer? Portland Timber games look like an awesome time. Crazy fans there.

I do! I go to Denver at least once a year and usually hit nuggets, avs, and rapids games in the trip with a couple of buddies. I havent really found "my" team in the MLS so I dont follow it very much. That could easily change though.

Portland also has the winter hawks who generally have some pretty kickass prospects, so theres that too I guess.

zedge

I do! I go to Denver at least once a year and usually hit nuggets, avs, and rapids games in the trip with a couple of buddies. I havent really found "my" team in the MLS so I dont follow it very much. That could easily change though.

Portland also has the winter hawks who generally have some pretty kickass prospects, so theres that too I guess.

Sweet! I don't necessarily have a team either, primarily the Sounders, but I also follow all three Canadian teams. Went to a Whitecaps game last year, plan to take in a Sounders game sooner than later too. Along with the SeaHawks. Went to a Mariners game last year also, it was vs the Yankess, I think there were more Yankee fans there lol. Not a huge baseball fan but its pretty cool live.

Winter Hawks are a great team. The Series between them and the Oilkings was some of the most entertaining hockey I have ever seen.

Tabris

Haha. It would take 5 Reginas to make Calgary so its 5 steps above. Plus theirs less Rider fans... although still too many.

sorry scheuy. :p

There's someone actually from Regina here?!? Oh... I'm so sorry.

At least no one here lives in Surrey (I'm just assuming because they couldn't afford a computer lol ... unless they are a drug dealer... or stole one)

Clydefrog

my roommate and I bought 2 IPA kegs tonight and watched the kings - flames game

so i'm drunk

edit: 2 kegs were Green Flash IPA and Uinta IPA

At least no one here lives in Surrey (I'm just assuming because they couldn't afford a computer lol)

See this is what I mean, Regina has a bad rep, sure its not as pretty as the other Canadian cities (like seriously it looks like some third world shit compared to Montreal Vancouver cgy TO etc..) but its not a terrible place its a cozy city. Rider pride runs thick, Grey cup in 04 (I think?) Was pretty insane, tons of fun.

lol saskatoon, those dudes like to hold their bridges over the queen cities head, look at our bridges!!! Its an alright place, only ever went there for concerts though.

Clydefrog

I'm sorry Calgary-GAF, but your team just did not look up to par tonight. I'm sure you guys will put up a much better fight on Monday. I expect your backup goalie to be huge :(

edit: Iginila was invisible

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member

At least no one here lives in Surrey (I'm just assuming because they couldn't afford a computer lol ... unless they are a drug dealer... or stole one)

:lol I went to University their. It was alright. It used to be really easy to get a around, but it growing faster than they can build proper infrastructure.

:lol I went to University their. It was alright. It used to be really easy to get a around, but it growing faster than they can build proper infrastructure.

Fuck that campus, I've been to 3 post secondary institutions and that campus was by far the worst to navigate.

Has it really gotten worse? I don't spend any time driving around when I visit, vic east and the south end of the lewvan(and the north pasqua for that matter) looked pretty damned congested, but I attributed a lot of that to construction.

Tabris

I heard DT Vancouver got a Carls Jr.

Yeah, there's a huge surge of American fast food chains opening up something downtown. Carls Jr, Five Guys, Chipotle, and Harveys.

I'm most excited about trying Five Guys. I think that's supposed to be the good one... or maybe it's In & Out.

Canuck76

Banned

I'm actually a pretty big timbers fan as well as loving the Blazers, lived in Oregon for a couple years

I've lived in the southeast, midwest and northwest and most Canadian expats seem to live in the northwest from what i can gather. It's just nice and beautiful up there.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Fuck that campus, I've been to 3 post secondary institutions and that campus was by far the worst to navigate.

Has it really gotten worse? I don't spend any time driving around when I visit, vic east and the south end of the lewvan(and the north pasqua for that matter) looked pretty damned congested, but I attributed a lot of that to construction.

It has been a decade since I have been on the campus, probably bigger and more confusing now.

It has been a decade since I have been on the campus, probably bigger and more confusing now.

I was there fall 04/spring 05. So about the same for me. Loved trivia lunch at the owl though :p it just took forever, I had one class at campion and then one back in the annex like 20 mins apart, sucked, I blame my advisor on that one though.

I'm actually a pretty big timbers fan as well as loving the Blazers, lived in Oregon for a couple years

I've lived in the southeast, midwest and northwest and most Canadian expats seem to live in the northwest from what i can gather. It's just nice and beautiful up there.

Yeah? I guess more specifically ill be in beaverton. Ive been a sonics fan for as long as I can remember, I hope we get our team back, so I can watch them lose to the blazers :(

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Yeah, there's a huge surge of American fast food chains opening up something downtown. Carls Jr, Five Guys, Chipotle, and Harveys.

I'm most excited about trying Five Guys. I think that's supposed to be the good one... or maybe it's In & Out.

There's been a Five Guys at Park Royal in West Van for.. a long time now.

zedge

Harveys is Canadian. Five guys is pretty good, few in Calgary. Smash Burger is good too, only in Calgary right now for Canada though.
Tried Carl's Jr in kelowna, its like burger king.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
I was there fall 04/spring 05. So about the same for me. Loved trivia lunch at the owl though :p it just took forever, I had one class at campion and then one back in the annex like 20 mins apart, sucked, I blame my advisor on that one though.

Cool. Had some good times at the Owl.

Tabris

Any of you guys to EASHL/OTP on PS3? Or GM connected?

Man I wish NHL was multi-platform as I want to finish off the online achievements (specifically the 30 game no quit) before I trade in the game while it has some value. I'm currently going through the long process of legendary pro to retire.

zedge

Oh, I always thought Harveys was the chain in Home Depots? So I assumed American.

That's too far.
I thought they were in revy stores? Anyway ya harveys is owned by cara, who also owns Swiss chalet, kelseys, montanas, among others, and makes the food you eat on planes..in Canada anyway lol

Tabris

I thought they were in revy stores? Anyway ya harveys is owned by cara, who also owns Swiss chalet and makes the food you eat on planes..in Canada anyway lol

I flew first class for the first time from Vancouver to Toronto just a month ago. The food was actually really good. It was a 5-course breakfast. The service was also amazing!

Economy's food is disgusting and you pay for it. Which do they make?

EDIT - With Air Canada that is.

I thought EA implied that their single account shit is going to allow cross platform play in the future, would be amazing if it actually happened.

Tabris

Hey Smiley, can I join you for 30 games? I suck but I'll play whatever position.

EDIT - Don't look into that as sexual innuendo.

Top Bottom