• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2013 |OT| Black History Forever

hangEgN.png

Cube

I am still in awe of the Rinaldo misconduct, and still in tears of Gerbe trying to muscle Giroux.

Ugly win indeed.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Need to score twice with the empty net? Better pass some more.

Now... Canucks-GAF, how long until AV is fired?

Alucard

Banned
It's nice to see the Pens get a convincing win against teams they should be getting convincing wins against.

Tuesday's game against Boston will truly show where they stand in the East. Fingers crossed.

Brutal reffing tonight. Almost a good game despite it.

Halak looked better at least, absolutely no chance on two of those.

Oshie and Backes have been limp as fuck this entire road trip. It's no wonder that Sobotka gets the hat trick yesterday.

And what the fuck was Petro doing there at the end? Oh yeah you totally have Selanne just glide in for the icing.

Hunter S.

0.2 left! Better late than never, wasn't feeling good about our chances in a shootout!
Have not followed the whole season but.

Varlymov was one of the best shootout goalies last year and they were amongst the best shooters. The only one I saw them win this year in the shootout was with Giggy.

Chris R

It was just that for the most part momentum seemed to be in the Shark's favor in the third, better to end it with a win than to chance it in a shootout.

Need to score twice with the empty net? Better pass some more.

Now... Canucks-GAF, how long until AV is fired?

He'll get fired after this year if they don't win the Cup. No Bieksa and Kesler gives AV a bit of a safety net so far.

But if Ottawa can still win games without their best forward, defenceman, and No. 1 goalie then there's no reason why a deeper team like the Canucks can't cope.

Smiley90

I'm saying if we fall out of a playoff spot and stay there for a couple games, he's getting fired before the end of the season.

Alternatively, if we don't make at least the Conference finals, he gets fired at the end of the season.

I'd much rather see the Canucks change the awful toilet-orca logo before firing Gillis or AV.

Both those guys will be gone in the summer, regardless of what happens in the playoffs.

Why would Gillis be gone?

Given the hand he was dealt, his record is surprisingly average - maybe even poor. I'd say he's mismanaged the roster since 2011, and given this I don't think he's the guy you really want in charge of the rebuild/restart phase the Canucks are heading into.

Man that game was so funny. And crazy.

That first period was so atrocious - I don't think the Hawks did anything good with the puck once in the entire first period. Konroyd's soft, robotic deliver worked well when he showed disappointment, it was quite soothing. Fuckin a at Kaner, it's great to see him putting up so many goals and trying to spark something every fucking time this happens

Vman

Fun Fact:
If the Canucks loose to the Blue Jackets then the Blue Jackets are only two points behind the Canucks. Weird.

Smiley90

Fun Fact:
If the Canucks loose to the Blue Jackets then the Blue Jackets are only two points behind the Canucks. Weird.

Blue Jackets also have the longest active win streak, while Blackhawks have the longest active regulation loss streak.

It's a crazy world.

Quick

Banned
We're not getting rid of AV midseason. It'll take missing the playoffs for Gillis to even consider it.

I'm confused as to why Vigneault is in the discussion of coaches soon to be fired. He seems to be doing just fine in Vancouver.

I can understand patience wearing thin with forgettable playoff appearances, but it doesn't look like he's a detriment to the team.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Habs sweep the Panthers?

Habs 4-0-1 on their longest road trip of the year?

Habs 9-0-0 against the SE division?

Subban with 3 more points and showing he's a #1 D-man and one of the best in the league?

ScLYg.gif

ScLYg.gif

ScLYg.gif

Life is good.

pringles

Blue Jackets also have the longest active win streak, while Blackhawks have the longest active regulation loss streak.

It's a crazy world.
Columbus is just a bottom feeder, they've got 9 out of 10 points in the season series with Detroit. Against good teams they're nothing special.

Top Bottom