• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2013 |OT| Black History Forever

calder

At Grantland McIndoe (DownGoesBrown) has a pretty fun look at the the biggest NHL dirtbag of all time. A look down memory lane sure to remind everyone here of some sack of shit you hated more than pediatric cancer back when.

Favourite "wow I forgot about that" youtube clip for me was noted human shitstain Bryan Marchment going high on Wendel Clark in the fracas that made Grimson go, even for him, nutty. Best thing about that video is that Dan Marouelli looks like the toughest guy around.

The '80s and '90s man. Different times.

At Grantland McIndoe (DownGoesBrown) has a pretty fun look at the the biggest NHL dirtbag of all time. A look down memory lane sure to remind everyone here of some sack of shit you hated more than pediatric cancer back when.

Favourite "wow I forgot about that" youtube clip for me was noted human shitstain Bryan Marchment going high on Wendel Clark in the fracas that made Grimson go, even for him, nutty. Best thing about that video is that Dan Marouelli looks like the toughest guy around.

The '80s and '90s man. Different times.

*Control + F 'Todd Bertuzzi'*

"No matches found"

*close tab*

NHL Top 16 Power Rankings
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=659588&navid=nhl:topheads

So ESPN > NHL.com for hockey rankings?

Insinuating the Ducks are better than the Hawks because they lost two games (still less than you) is idiotic.

Acid08

Banned
Burns skating with Gomez and Sheppard at practice today. I don't even know. I know he used to play forward but he's been a dman for some time now, we need him for breakout passes.

Eat a fucking dick, TMac.

Good to see ESPN is a credible source when they fit your agenda.

Are you really arguing the Ducks are better than the Hawks just because the Hawks lost two games? The Ducks have still lost more.

The only reason I posted ESPN was because their rationale behind the ranking made sense. I wasn't going to hide it was from ESPN and post an out-of-context quote. I imagine TSN will keep them the same as well.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Are you really arguing the Ducks are better than the Hawks just because the Hawks lost two games? The Ducks have still lost more.

You realize power rankings aren't "full season" rankings (that's what the standings are for), but weekly (or whatever window).

I'd argue that right now, Ducks > Hawks. As in, I'd rather play the Hawks right now than the Ducks.

Same with BJ's/Canucks. I'd argue the Canucks are the better team, but I agree that the BJ's are more dangerous right now.

You realize power rankings aren't "full season" rankings (that's what the standings are for), but weekly (or whatever window).

I'd argue that right now, Ducks > Hawks. As in, I'd rather play the Hawks right now than the Ducks.

I still think the Hawks are a better team than the Ducks. Believe me, the Ducks scare the shit out of me for a potential playoffs matchup, but the Hawks have had an inordinate amount of games in a short period of time. The Hawks team that showed up the last two games were gassed and nowhere near representative of how good the team can be.

That said, I still think the Ducks will catch us and stay ahead for a little bit before the Hawks pick it back up.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I still think the Hawks are a better team than the Ducks. Believe me, the Ducks scare the shit out of me for a potential playoffs matchup, but the Hawks have had an inordinate amount of games in a short period of time. The Hawks team that showed up the last two games were gassed and nowhere near representative of how good the team is.

Nobody's saying the Hawks aren't a better team than the Ducks in general. Just right now, the Ducks are scarier. That can easily be due to the Hawks being gassed, which will put them back on top when they're not gassed anymore. That's what the Power Rankings
Are all about.

Nobody's saying the Hawks aren't a better team than the Ducks in general. Just right now, the Ducks are scarier. That can easily be due to the Hawks being gassed, which will put them back on top when they're not gassed anymore. That's what the Power Rankings
Are all about.

Both have earned 16 points in their last ten. That's a wash. Therefore I go to the team in general.

*shrug*

IMO:

Hawks > Ducks > Boston > Habs >>>>>>> Everyone else. The top four are are really close and I'd rather see Boston take the top spot if anyone instead of the Ducks.

Really, I think the Hawks/Bruins would take one and two and the Habs/Ducks could take three and four. Any mix of that would be fine with me.

CCF23

Both have earned 16 points in their last ten. That's a wash. Therefore I go to the team in general.

*shrug*

IMO:

Hawks > Ducks > Boston > Habs >>>>>>> Everyone else. The top four are are really close and I'd rather see Boston take the top spot if anyone instead of the Ducks.

Really, I think the Hawks/Bruins would take one and two and the Habs/Ducks could take three and four. Any mix of that would be fine with me.

Pens are up there assuming they can keep scoring enough to cover for Fleury's terrible ass.

Pens are up there assuming they can keep scoring enough to cover for Fleury's terrible ass.

Fleury's the only reason I have them at five instead of in the mix in the top four.

Edit: Ah, I get what you're saying. Yeah, maybe they're closer than what I originally posted. But it really isn't too close after that. Leafs are no where near the five in front of them, nor is Ottawa.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
but do you have 8 GDDR5?

Sigh

The worst part is I'd probably be banned anyway if I ever had to deal with the ram garbage. People on these boards just don't understand what 8GB GDDR5 vs DDR3 even means especially when the effective ram is still under 2 GB for rendering a scene

*headache*

Heretic

Sigh

The worst part is I'd probably be banned anyway if I ever had to deal with the ram garbage. People on these boards just don't understand what 8GB GDDR5 vs DDR3 even means especially when the effective ram is still under 2 GB for rendering a scene

*headache*

So... you don't have 8 GDDR5?

:p

I prefer to game on the 360 mainly because of the control pad. I'll still get the PS4 but I doubt my preference will change. We'll see. I REALLY hate the PS controller. Those analogs just don't do it for me.

DopeyFish

So... you don't have 8 GDDR5?

:p

I prefer to game on the 360 mainly because of the control pad. I'll still get the PS4 but I doubt my preference will change. We'll see. I REALLY hate the PS controller. Those analogs just don't do it for me.

Have? I AM 8 GDDR5

Cake Boss

Banned
1297387218695_ORIGINAL.jpg

Lucic I heard you like to hit goalies.

A little playoff prediction math:

I think many would agree that, in the more recent shootout era, the upper-end of the minimum range to make the playoffs is about 100 pts.

So, for this season, the amount of points needed to make the playoffs should be (100/82)*48 =58.54 or 58-59 pts. However, with shortened season, more teams will feel they're in the hunt longer, thus less teams will be willing to trade and choose to tank for draft. So, that playoff minimum range should be a bit lower than 58... I'd go with 53-54 pts.

The Blackhawks need to win just 4 or 5 in 22 games to make it there. The Panthers, on the other hand, would need to go like 17-5 to have a shot at getting in.

Merguson

Banned
You and Leafs-GAF, could Franson continue to play on the top pair with Phaneuf? He looked great on Saturday. IMO I would like to see:

1st pair: Phaneuf-Franson
3rd pair: Fraser - xxx

Scratch one of the following three defensemen: Kostka, Gunnarsson, Holzer. And then bring Liles or Gardiner in. Doesn't matter which of those three are scratched. We need to make space for another puckmover.

I suspect Liles will be dealt and Gardiner will be called up. There seems to be interest in Liles but whether we get equal value in return (we traded a 2nd for Liles) or not, that remains to be seen.

DopeyFish

I suspect Liles will be dealt and Gardiner will be called up. There seems to be interest in Liles but whether we get equal value in return (we traded a 2nd for Liles) or not, that remains to be seen.

it's hard to trade someone when cap is dropping next year :-/

Top Bottom