• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2013 |OT| Black History Forever

Hunter S.

Columbus is just a bottom feeder, they've got 9 out of 10 points in the season series with Detroit. Against good teams they're nothing special.
By that thinking only two teams are good in the West, Chicago and the quackers. In all honesty, the parity in the West has been sickingly too close for quite a few seasons.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Columbus is just a bottom feeder, they've got 9 out of 10 points in the season series with Detroit. Against good teams they're nothing special.

By that thinking only two teams are good in the West, Chicago and the quackers. In all honesty, the parity in the West has been sickingly too close for quite a few seasons.

Detroit has the 3rd most points in the west atm, yeah, if you don't define that as "good", then there's really only Chicago and Anaheim that are "good" in the West.

CCF23

Chris Kunitz is on pace to set career highs in goals (31), assists (35 - tying his career high), and points (66).

In a 48 game season.

He might not get to those numbers, but I said DAMN SON.

Hunter S.

Detroit has the 3rd most points in the west atm, yeah, if you don't define that as "good", then there's really only Chicago and Anaheim that are "good" in the West.
Yeah, I mean I hate the Red Wings as much as the next guy, but you got to at least be honest here and put them at one legged-midget level, slightly above bottem-feeder.

Chris Kunitz is on pace to set career highs in goals (31), assists (35 - tying his career high), and points (66).

In a 48 game season.

He might not get to those numbers, but I said DAMN SON.
He's also running at a SEVERELY unsustainable shooting percentage of 28.8%. Not saying he isn't playing hard, but the man is getting a ridiculous amount of lucky bounces going his way.

In terms of NHL regulars, only Marchand has a higher percentage at 29.3%. Realistically, both of them should be scoring half the number of goals they're getting right now.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
With 23 points in 20 games played, Rick Nash is on a pace that would equate to 94 points in an 82 game season. His career high is 79.

This concept of a major Rangers' signee having numbers go UP after joining the team is strange and alien...

Pochacco

asking dangerous questions
Anaheim has lost only 1 more game than the Blackhawks (and have 3 fewer wins).

Chicago: 26GP 21W 2L 3OTL
Anaheim: 24GP 18W 3L 3OTL

Crazy.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
With 23 points in 20 games played, Rick Nash is on a pace that would equate to 94 points in an 82 game season. His career high is 79.

This concept of a major Rangers' signee having numbers go UP after joining the team is strange and alien...
Considering his linemates ......

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Fuck the associated press.

'Crawford came in and shut out the Oilers for 3 min'

Utterly terrible phrasing.

Reimer shut out Crosby for a few mins in the Pens game too.

Marvie hasn't been tough enough on his team! Fire everyone even if they win the Cup!

Marvie hasn't been tough enough on his team! Fire everyone even if they win the Cup!
Man, I'm tired of the AP always riding the Hawks' dick

MacAttack

Has this been covered yet?

http://www.thehockeynews.com/articl...sychologist-takes-Canucks-owner-to-court.html

Canucks' co-owner Francesco Aquilini visited Demichelis in 2010 in London to learn about the club's facility and the mind room, the documents say.

"During the visit, Aquilini asked the plaintiff to leave his employment with Chelsea FC in order to move to Vancouver and work for the club and the Canucks," the claim says.

Demichelis declined the offer, the documents indicate, but add that Aquilini returned a second time in 2010 and again in 2011, after the Canucks lost the Stanley Cup Final, to try to persuade him to work for the team.

"During the third visit Aquilini told the plaintiff that he was very concerned about the physical and psychological condition of the Canucks players, and the negative impact it had on their performance in the Stanley Cup final," the claim says.

"Aquilini told the plaintiff that he was the person the Canucks needed to improve the players' physical and psychological condition, and ultimately, their performance."

Sounds like Luongo wasnt the only Canucks player with flat tires during that series.

kes.gif

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
I'm floored that Capuano put Nabakov in for starts on back to back nights. I thought the whole point of dumping DiPietro to the minors was to get the kid Poulin some NHL action?

Never had a chance against Pitt yesterday, ugly. Especially coming off the string of great games we had played.

Marvie_3

Banned

why you heff to be so salty?

Montresor

Lupul took part in his first real practice today. He left a half hour in but soon...

soon...

You and Leafs-GAF, could Franson continue to play on the top pair with Phaneuf? He looked great on Saturday. IMO I would like to see:

1st pair: Phaneuf-Franson
3rd pair: Fraser - xxx

Scratch one of the following three defensemen: Kostka, Gunnarsson, Holzer. And then bring Liles or Gardiner in. Doesn't matter which of those three are scratched. We need to make space for another puckmover.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Dunno if anyone here watches the MLS but I was at the Washington airport yesterday and ran into the entire Montreal Impact team. I almost shit my pants, too bad I don't watch soccer. They were all eating 5 Guys and I'm pretty sure I'm the only one who recognized them.

Schroeder sent down, Ebbett recalled.

AV wasn't using Schroeder much anyway, so I guess he gets more ice time on the farm.

I miss Malhotra. And even Hodgson. Canucks are so thin at centre with Kesler out.

Spl1nter

You and Leafs-GAF, could Franson continue to play on the top pair with Phaneuf? He looked great on Saturday. IMO I would like to see:

1st pair: Phaneuf-Franson
3rd pair: Fraser - xxx

Scratch one of the following three defensemen: Kostka, Gunnarsson, Holzer. And then bring Liles or Gardiner in. Doesn't matter which of those three are scratched. We need to make space for another puckmover.

Media is putting a lot of pressure on Carlyle right now about his defence choices. Half his post-practice interview today was about defence.

The all too familiar tank. Shame to be at this point again, but the team looks to be a seller.
What will be moved it is hard to say what people want but if I'm Tallon this would be the short list:

Untouchable :
Shore
Hubby
Markstrom
Guddy
Mattias
Mueller
Campbell

For overpayment only:
Flash
Skille
Kulikov
Kopecky

On the block:
Versteeg
Weaver
Goc
Smithson
Parros
Robak
Strachan

Will sell for bag of pucks
Kuba
Clemmensen
Kovalev

Assuming Weiss walks and we get a top 3 pick that would pan out next years lineup as;
Flash-Hubby-Mueller
Howden/plug- Bjugstad-MacKinnon
Bergy-Shore-Kopecky
Skille-Mattias-Parros/plug

Campbell-Guddy
Kulikov-Petrovic
Caruso-Jovo/plug

Markstrom
Generic backup #234

Heretic

Vancouver out. Blue Jackets in!

Top 16 Power Rankings. Move over, hawks. There's a new sheriff in town.

Why the hell are the Habs 4th???

Schroeder sent down, Ebbett recalled.

AV wasn't using Schroeder much anyway, so I guess he gets more ice time on the farm.

I miss Malhotra. And even Hodgson. Canucks are so thin at centre with Kesler out.
Ugh. AV should be fired already. He said Schroeder was sent down because he wasn't getting anything done offensively.

Well no shit dumbass, no one's going to get anything done offensively if you drop them down to the 4th line with Weise and Sestito.

Top Bottom