• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2013 |OT| Black History Forever

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
HOLY LOL, I just watched the replay on GCL, that's simply amazing.

EDIT: ah posted too, it was close.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
That's fantastic. Good on him for trying it.

Unfortunately he's not Canadian so incoming stupidity from our amazing Canadian media.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member

Unfortunately he's not Canadian so incoming stupidity from our amazing Canadian media.
Cherry's Soapbox. Jwufndifhrkdidhd Damn Euros djdhdkdifjfb Kadri wouldn't have done thatdjdndkdjdkf disrespect for goalie and game.

Cake Boss

Banned
Nice to see he was taking the shootout seriously.

Its a skills competition, its suppose to be creative and fun for the fans.

He tried it before and it worked before, came inches of working again. It has a better shooting percentage than Alfie's pathetic shootout attempts this year.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

He tried it before and it worked before, came inches of working again. It has a better shooting percentage than Alfie's pathetic shootout attempts this year.

Eff that, I'll take 50 straight boring shots if it means we win the shootout every time.

But that said that was a fantastic attempt by him and definitely will have goalies thinking the next time he steps up in the shootout. Rask had to make a ridiculous save just to keep it out.

Cake Boss

Banned
More impressive is that save.

nvexo.jpg

Quick

Banned

VISOR WEARIN URPEENS MAKIN' A MOCKERY OUTTA THE GAME TRYINA MAKE THIS ENTERTAININ'.

WHY CAN'T HE BE LIKE CROSBY OR KADRI AND ENTERTAIN THE CROWD DURIN' THE SHOOTOUT?

It's a crucial extra point. By no means is it merely a skills competition in this context.

I'd imagine MacLean giving him a tough time after that.

Hunter S.

Damn, that Ottawa shootout attempt had better have worked in practice once to have attempted it. Seems discombobulating for the goalie and is the only reason it might have worked.

On another note, go Kings.

Cake Boss

Banned
It's a crucial extra point. By no means is it merely a skills competition in this context.

I'd imagine MacLean giving him a tough time after that.

Probably not, the coach loves him, thats why he keeps putting him in the shootouts even though hes our #13 forward.

Hes probably more pissed at Alfie's crappy shootout attempts this year. 0/5.

Smiley90

So you guys are saying Datsyuk shouldn't be allowed in shootouts, or only if he scores? Because as soon as one of his crazy attempts misses, he's bad for the league?

got it.

Sanjuro

So you guys are saying Datsyuk shouldn't be allowed in shootouts, or only if he scores? Because as soon as one of his crazy attempts misses, he's bad for the league?

got it.

As an Murican, it's a fucking cancerous maneuver and should be banned from the league.

As a fan, meh. It's a gimmick until some teams start adding it to their practice rotation as a shootout chip.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

got it.

The shootout is only for Canadians! Not those hot dogging Europeans! With their nifty moves and spinoramas and what not.

Disgusting.

Sanjuro

The shootout is only for Canadians! Not those hot dogging Europeans! With their nifty moves and spinoramas and what not.

Disgusting.

I went on Sportscenter to watch the tie highlights. But, NOOOOoooOOO. In fucking Ottawa, those filthy Canadians kept that shit going.

zedge

I thought it was pretty stupid. That kind of stuff belongs in a skills comp, not a regulation game where points are on the line. Coach should bench him.

Smiley90

I thought it was pretty stupid. That kind of stuff belongs in a skills comp, not a regulation game where points are on the line. Coach should bench him.

It's worked in the AHL for him, and it NEARLY worked again. I see no problem with it.

NO FUN.

Tabris

I have grown to hate the shootout. Just end with a tie, 1 point each.

*EDIT - This is bias because my team sucks at the shootout.

Tabris

Sure, when you inflate your points by playing teams like the Islanders.

I wish the Sedins could play more in the East (on the Canucks), so they could inflate their stats. The NW is our worst division but you won't be inflating your stats on teams like MIN and COL.

Smiley90

Sure, when you inflate your points by playing teams like the Islanders.

I wish the Sedins could play more in the East (on the Canucks), so they could inflate their stats. The NW is our worst division but you won't be inflating your stats on teams like MIN and COL.

NW is the worst division right now, together with the SE. If anything, our points are inflated.

Tabris

NW is the worst division right now, together with the SE. If anything, our points are inflated.

What time is it? It's stat time!!

1094 Goals scored in the East = 73 goals per team on average
1001 Goals scored in the West = 67 goals per team on average

6 goal differential per team on average.

Face it, it's easier to score in the east. Stats are inflated in the east compared to the west and if those east players like Stamkos and Crosby were on a western team, their point totals would be lower. Still would be amazing but tougher to score in west.

Tabris

Also the difference between NW and SE is 350 goals against vs 392 goals against

42 goal differential. 8 goals on average per team.

Smiley90

What time is it? It's stat time!!

1094 Goals scored in the East = 73 goals per team on average
1001 Goals scored in the West = 67 goals per team on average

6 goal differential per team on average.

Face it, it's easier to score in the east. Stats are inflated in the east compared to the west and if those east players like Stamkos and Crosby were on a western team, their point totals would be lower. Still would be amazing but tougher to score in west.

That's an 8% difference. Not to mention, those 6 goals are probably not scored by the same person, but let's say you're Tavares or Stamkos and you score 1/3 of your team's goals, so maybe 2 goals more. But if you're Letang? Or Daniel? No.

Tabris

Sedins are on 38% of all Vancouver goals.

EDIT - So it would mean 2-3 extra points each. This is just assuming they would score on conference average when we both know they would score higher than that.

Smiley90

Sedins are on 38% of all Vancouver goals.

I'm talking goals scored. You said Letang is only in consideration because it's so easy for him to score goals against teams like the Islanders/East. East scores 8 goals more per team than West, alright, maybe ONE of those 8 goals will go to Letang. Maybe 2 over the whole season. with 2 goals scored less he'd still be in consideration.

That's all.

Top Bottom