• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2013 |OT| Black History Forever

Tabris

I'm talking goals scored. You said Letang is only in consideration because it's so easy for him to score goals against teams like the Islanders/East. East scores 8 goals more per team than West, alright, maybe ONE of those 8 goals will go to Letang. Maybe 2 over the whole season. with 2 goals scored less he'd still be in consideration.

That's all.

I said points, not goals. He has 26 points, he's on 29% of all Pittsburgh goals.

Tabris

Fine, Letang gets 4 points less over the total season. He's still a favourite for the Norris.

It would be more if he was in the West as the Penguins are scoring at a clip that isn't possible in the West. We have a team that didn't lose for 24 games and they scored 12 less goals.

It's the Mike Green Norris victory. Inflated stats due to being in the east and no look at defensive play.

Or Karlsson over Shea Webber.

Canuck76

Banned
The shootout is only for Canadians! Not those hot dogging Europeans! With their nifty moves and spinoramas and what not.

Disgusting.

Is everyone in agreement that it there should be no SO and it should just go to OT2, 3, 4 and so on?

Shootout is intense but there's more excitement when you have all those overtimes. Every possession matters.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
im a bit late, but nothing wrong with his shootout attempt. if he thinks he can score, then go for it

would these moves be criticized if they missed?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVjAw1GRSSs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0x2E1cyTVBA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eduQHMGIVc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6Sxd6qhzp4

more can easily be found

Wasn't the Malik one scored after like 20 SO attempts? At that point anything goes. :p You're missing the Oilers one though. Forgot his name. He scared at the World Championships against Switzerland. Something with O-.

EDIT:

That guy, thanks.

Is everyone in agreement that it there should be no SO and it should just go to OT2, 3, 4 and so on?

Shootout is intense but there's more excitement when you have all those overtimes. Every possession matters.

go back to the tie. hate these stupid 3 point games. makes no sense

Quick

Banned
go back to the tie. hate these stupid 3 point games. makes no sense

I hate the tie. There has to be a definitive winner. I do agree that they need to get rid of the loser point.

I wouldn't mind a continuous OT, but make it 3-on-3 for anything past OT1.

So, 4-on-4 in OT, 3-on-3 in OT2+.

Alucard

Banned
East is so weak, man. I mean, would West teams let Crosby do stuff like this?

crosbyhip.gif

They would have no choice.

Alucard

Banned
Great play there j bo. Should of just put it in the empty net yourself..

It's "should have." People think it's "should of" because when you say it, you contract it as "should've."

Sorry, just one of the things that drives me crazy for some reason.

Quick

Banned
It's "should have." People think it's "should of" because when you say it, you contract it as "should've."

Sorry, just one of the things that drives me crazy for some reason.

Thank you, Alucard. It bothers me so much, I break something.

EDIT: Damn you, Alucard. It bothers me so much, I break something.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I don't see anything wrong with Daugavins shootout attempt if he actually gets a scoring chance, which he did. Now if he flubbed it half way through and lost the puck, that's a different story. His saved attempt wasn't any worse than guys shooting wide.

Canuck76

Banned
I hate the tie. There has to be a definitive winner. I do agree that they need to get rid of the loser point.

I wouldn't mind a continuous OT, but make it 3-on-3 for anything past OT1.

So, 4-on-4 in OT, 3-on-3 in OT2+.

Totally. I'd maybe start 5-5 in OT then digress from there but i agree with the general idea.

I don't see anything wrong with Daugavins shootout attempt if he actually gets a scoring chance, which he did. Now if he flubbed it half way through and lost the puck, that's a different story. His saved attempt wasn't any worse than guys shooting wide.

WORD

FUCK DA SHOOTOUT

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I think we're beginning to cross streams here with the furry shit, they're going to start coming in here soon.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I think we're beginning to cross streams here with the furry shit, they're going to start coming in here soon.

Next thing you know, the guy in that costume is actually a GAFfer and did that just for zedge.

Alucard

Banned
Crosby is on pace for a 142 point season were this an 82 game season :eek:

As it stands, hes on pace for 83 in 48.

tumblr_lqi0g14t6v1qaqt2s.gif

Best in the game right now. If only the Pens could lock shit down at the back some more. Right now, they pretty much believe and know they can outscore anybody, but you gotta keep pucks out of the net too.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I just heard Darren Dreger call Daugavins' shooout attempt "disrespectful to the goalie"

When did the wussification of hockey start? I seemed to have missed it.

Solo

I just heard Darren Dreger call Daugavins' shooout attempt "disrespectful to the goalie"

It's always been there. The hockey world is a bunch of overly conservative, no-fun-allowed, boring stiffs.

Montresor

Krejci said if someone did something like that (Daugavins's shootout attempt) on his team he wouldn't like it. SMH. I liked Gred Brady on 590AM (Toronto radio) calling the Bruins obnoxious for trying to tell other teams how to play the game. They cited other obnoxious behaviour like a) Julien complaining about diving when Marchand is a notable diver and b) Recchi trying to diagnose Pacioretty's injury a couple of years ago.

I didn't like the shootout attempt but ONLY because it looked so ineffective. But disrespectful? C'mon.....

That shootout goal was fine, I remember being pissed off years ago about this one on Budaj by Ribeiro thinking that fucker would've never tried the same thing on another goalie but then I saw others by him. It wouldn't even matter if the Daugavins attempt was disrespectful if he actually scored on it. There would be no talk about this.

Cake Boss

Banned

I wonder what the reception would be if Datsyuck or Kane did that move.

Also Dreger, Nonis has called and has asked why he hasnt recieved your famous rim jobs that every other Leafs GM has.

Top Bottom