• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2013 |OT| Black History Forever

Cake Boss

Banned
0233_fm2x.gif

His fish swim around with a giant visor.

Keslord

Banned
Bob McKenzie suggesting Canucks are going to move Booth to make room to try and get Versteeg. Can Versteeg play centre temporarily?

Keslord

Banned
We'll take Booth, we will give you Regin, hes a center and hes Danish. Thats about it.

That'd be preferable to keeping Booth, but I'd like the Canucks to see what's out there first. We'd have him on the third with Hansen though. That's... A lot of Danish people. A whole two.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
There's so much wrong with that front page, all the way down to Carcillo of all people being in focus.

Hunter S.

A regulation win tonight has to happen. BY THE POWER OF WILSON MAKE IT SO.
Haha, well, before they put up 6 on the Blackhawks they were shutout twice in a row. They have been bad on the road.

Also, Not wanting the avs to continue this exclusively as home kings, but they have close to the best home record of all teams. The polar opposite of last year. If they can win on the road themselves they might move up. Still a big ????

We'll take Booth, we will give you Regin, hes a center and hes Danish. Thats about it.

Why would you want Booth, unless you are trying to cull the deer and moose population in the Ottawa area ? (and if you are you can get someone cheaper for that).

2 points in 9 games ? LOL

Quick

Banned
That's probably the worst part of the entire thing. Really? Carcillo?

Sports Illustrated meeting for the cover:

"Alright people, we're putting the Blackhawks on the cover. What photos can we use?"

*selection of photos presented*

"Alright, who's the superstar here?"

"I don't know, sir, they're all white guys with missing teeth."

"Oh...well, this photo looks dramatic. Let's use this. This 'Carcillo' guy looks like a fan favourite."

"Sounds good, sir. Let's run that."

Cake Boss

Banned
Why would you want Booth, unless you are trying to cull the deer and moose population in the Ottawa area ? (and if you are you can get someone cheaper for that).

2 points in 9 games ? LOL

I dunno, put up 30 goals and 60 points a couple of seasons ago, hes at least a 20 goal guy. Could be had for nothing, low risk high reward. We have the cap space.

I dunno, put up 30 goals and 60 points a couple of seasons ago, hes at least a 20 goal guy. Could be had for nothing, low risk high reward. We have the cap space.

I think that was before the Mike Richards hit.
I wouldn't be using our cap space to take on the Canucks' garbage. Or any other team for that matter. Especially since we have a bunch of prospects on the way up (Puempel, Noesen, Prince etc.). I'd rather resign Fatendresse, at least it would be a 1 year commitment. Not worth tying up roster spots for years for overpaid players. There's better players out there that I'd rather make a trade for.
You want to use our cap space wisely ? there's one guy that is worth it, wears #10 on the Ducks. It's worth getting him just to make sure the Habs and Laffs don't get him, or anyone else in our division for that matter.

I wouldn't mind seeing Booth gone. Hasn't done anything of note while he's been here, though he has been hampered by injuries.

But if the Canucks get picks and/or prospects for him consider the window closed.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Sports Illustrated meeting for the cover:

"Alright people, we're putting the Blackhawks on the cover. What photos can we use?"

*selection of photos presented*

"Alright, who's the superstar here?"

"I don't know, sir, they're all white guys with missing teeth."

"Oh...well, this photo looks dramatic. Let's use this. This 'Carcillo' guy looks like a fan favourite."

"Sounds good, sir. Let's run that."
I think you're giving them too much credit here.

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
per Rotoworld, Michael Grabner is out the next 10 days with a shoulder injury. no idea when it happened.

And Burns is gonna come back to the Sharks to play RW?

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Montreal guy who called Latendresse singing with ottawa a few days before said he has multiple sources that claim Canucks were gonna trade Lu to Florida for Theodore and Weiss before Weiss got hurt.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Montreal guy who called Latendresse singing with ottawa a few days before said he has multiple sources that claim Canucks were gonna trade Lu to Florida for Theodore and Weiss before Weiss got hurt.

Mhmmm would kind of fall in line with Gillis saying he had a deal lined up until something unexpected happened. Could've been the injury.

Didnt Weiss he could stil come back in a month or so?
3 months before he can shoot pucks. Theo has possibility of coming back before the season ends, but is unlikely.

Seriously doubt it, it would make zero sense from FLA, Markie is RFA this season so it would be about 8-9 for the cap hit in net. Add that we'll need so sign Guddy, Kulikov next season and the Hubby, Shore, Howden , Petrovic the next. That is too much tied up that can be used to keep our prospects.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
So Luongo is only worth 2 pending UFAs ?
Doesn't make a lot of sense. Though they do get cap space back, which they can use to sign players....but if it's a pure dump they want, Toronto would still be the best option.

Unless there is just too much pressure to get something done ONLY for Florida...?

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Is Vancouver really trying to trade luongo for versteeg?

Like... That's the worst offer tabled so far. Versteeg is the second coming of wellwood

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
I don't think there's anyway Toronto, or any team, takes on Luongo's salary without Vancouver retaining a portion.

There's no way Vancouver is retaining salary. Salary retention isn't year to year... It's for the term.

Its essentially the same as silly people suggesting a buyout.

Acid08

Banned
Burns playing offense on the third line with Gomez and Sheppard tonight. And I'm going to miss the game.

656602_o.gif

Eat a fat fucking dick TMac you koala looking piece of cunty trash.

There's no way Vancouver is retaining salary. Salary retention isn't year to year... It's for the term.

Its essentially the same as silly people suggesting a buyout.

And this is why I have serious doubts that Luongo gets moved at all. Completely toxic contract. From a competitive stand point it makes more sense to let the Canucks suffer under that millstone than 'help' them out with a trade.

Top Bottom