• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2013 |OT| Black History Forever

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
I hope all the Canadian teams keep it up in the east

Right now half the east in playoff position are Canadian

When was the last Canadian playoff series anyways?

LOL.

Bet you the asking price is solely exclusive to the Phoenix Coyotes. He'll probably sign elsewhere for a reasonable price.

His numbers would look awful with a team that wasn't as strong defensively. He gets a lot of help and takes a lot of risks that wouldn't fly with other clubs. 6 mil is absurd, I guess if phoenix feels like they have a good thing going he could get it but I don't think he would get that from anyone else.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Does anybody want a coaches challenge like Pierre is suggesting? I think it slows down the game and isn't worth it.
Definitely need it, especially with how shoddy the reffing has been. Worth the wait if it means your team won't lose a game on a bad call.

Alucard

Banned
Funny shot from yesterday's game.

photos-6.jpeg

MacAttack

Definitely need it, especially with how shoddy the reffing has been. Worth the wait if it means your team won't lose a game on a bad call.
You couldn't review everything so choosing when to and how many challenges to use would add too many delays or not enough implementation to make a difference.

I think penalties tend to even out over the course of the year and the pace of the game is pretty good as it is now.

Alucard

Banned
Let's play "The last time the Leafs made the playoffs."

-Time Magazine's Person of the Year was George W. Bush
-Justin Timberlake exposed Janet Jackson's breast on national television
-Ken Jennings won 74 games and 2.5 million dollars on Jeopardy
-Ashlee Simpson was caught lip-syncing on SNL
-William Hung became a hit due to American Idol
-People were talking about the Atkins diet
-The highest grossing movies were Shrek 2, Spider-Man 2, and Passion of the Christ
-The top selling album was Confessions by Usher
-"Hey Ya" by Outkast was #1 on the Billboard charts from January through most of February

Montresor

-The highest grossing movies were Shrek 2, Spider-Man 2, and Passion of the Christ
-"Hey Ya" by Outkast was #1 on the Billboard charts from January through most of February

In a couple of weeks that list will be empty. *tee hee*
Because the Leafs will make the playoffs

Cake Boss

Banned
Do you know whats slowing the game down? Those fucking refs that wont drop the fucking puck on the faceoffs and playing mind games with the centers. DROP THE PUCK YOU CUNTS.

I think you should only review plays that had goals involved.

Alucard

Banned
Seriously can't believe the lack of parity in the East from 9 through 15 in the playoff race. Spots 6, 7, and 8 feel pretty comfortable with these teams below them:

Islanders
Rangers
Flyers
Lightning
Sabres
Capitals
Panthers

WTF happened to most of these teams? Outside of the Isles, the rest of these teams should be playing at a much higher level than they have been.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Seriously can't believe the lack of parity in the East from 9 through 15 in the playoff race. Spots 6, 7, and 8 feel pretty comfortable with these teams below them:

Islanders
Rangers
Flyers
Lightning
Sabres
Capitals
Panthers

WTF happened to most of these teams? Outside of the Isles, the rest of these teams should be playing at a much higher level than they have been.

Top 4 spots are pretty much locked up now:

A combo of Montreal/Pittsburgh/Boston/Whoever wins the Southeast will finish 1-4, 5 to 8 is no damn clue.

Alucard

Banned
In a couple of weeks that list will be empty. *tee hee*
Because the Leafs will make the playoffs

All it would take would be any one of the teams I mentioned above going on a 4-5 game winning streak and the Leafs losing the same number for things to change. However, I don't see that happening with the way the big guns have been pooping the bed this season.

Alucard

Banned
Pens just trying to lock it down and hold on in the third. They've actually been decent doing that in the third this season. Hope that trend continues.

Concerned about Letang.

Tabris

This isn't an inspirational film. Just because a team "fights" for something doesn't mean things are going to go their way. See: the Leafs.

Oh, it's an inspirational film. And the title is SEDIN. In all caps like that. Can't wait to watch act 3.

Islanders
Rangers
Flyers
Lightning
Sabres
Capitals
Panthers

For the Cats it is injuries, injuries, injuries with a side of players not prepared to play.

Fun facts this entire season we have played with 1/3 of the top line healthy. Currently missing:
1C 1RW #2,3,5 D-men, or best power forward, and starting goalie.
Do you know whats slowing the game down? Those fucking refs that wont drop the fucking puck on the faceoffs and playing mind games with the centers. DROP THE PUCK YOU CUNTS.

I think you should only review plays that had goals involved.
x1000000000

Kick player out of circle, stand with puck, reset face off, repeat.

ATF487

Bruins are a solid team. May see Pens and Bruins at some point in the playoffs.

It's only the first period. Anything can happen. Always happy to see Crosby score.

Yeah, I'm afraid of this!

Deserved win for the Pens today, Bruins played well at times but have trouble getting pucks through on net. it was sort of like watching games vs the Rangers last season

I remember all these things as if they happened last year. Goddammit time. Home Alone is 20 years old.

The Leafs playoff drought has survived two popes, 7 species of animals, Steve Irwin, Gary Coleman, Michael Jackson, Kim Jon Il, Hugo Chavez, the country of Yugoslavia, Circuit City, 465 US banks, and Superman.

Top Bottom