• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2013 |OT| Black History Forever

Trochek just finished #1 in OHL scoring, picking up 3 points in the season final. For the year he is at 50 goals 59 assists 109 points +49 in 63 games: 1.73 PPG

Curufinwe

Let's play "The last time the Leafs made the playoffs."

-Time Magazine's Person of the Year was George W. Bush
-Justin Timberlake exposed Janet Jackson's breast on national television
-Ken Jennings won 74 games and 2.5 million dollars on Jeopardy
-Ashlee Simpson was caught lip-syncing on SNL
-William Hung became a hit due to American Idol
-People were talking about the Atkins diet
-The highest grossing movies were Shrek 2, Spider-Man 2, and Passion of the Christ
-The top selling album was Confessions by Usher
-"Hey Ya" by Outkast was #1 on the Billboard charts from January through most of February

The Pens had yet another season where they tanked, finishing 30th in the league with 58 points.

Cake Boss

Banned
7 points out of the 9th spot. Got that #5 spot locked down.

iP4Nd4Ufa2yVq.gif

MacAttack

Krejci walked (with a limp) to the bus without a brace.

Even if he doesn't play Tuesday he's at least staying with the team and hopes to play by Saturday or earlier.

Flames gaf, lets hope joey mac rises to the occasion:

The Flames have recalled netminder Danny Taylor for the Abbotsford Heat.

Miikka Kiprusoff will not travel to Dallas due to his wife’s pregnancy and the imminent birth of their second child.

zedge

Kipper is having another baby! :)

Backlund is injured again.. :(

*edit... wtf I literally posted at the same time..

Flames gaf, lets hope joey mac rises to the occasion:

The Flames have recalled netminder Danny Taylor for the Abbotsford Heat.

Miikka Kiprusoff will not travel to Dallas due to his wife’s pregnancy and the imminent birth of their second child.

lol wow..

@the backlund situation..frustrating for sure, I kinda hate the fact that Cervenka has been seemingly permanently benched. The guy has some serious talent, I'd like to see him on the ice, he clearly has conditioning issues and I've seen glimmers of greatness from him. I'm hoping it's just taking him a bit to find his flow and place on the team. Kinda hope he can play tomorrow and do some good because he's definitely a really good player who just can't seem to put it together.

zedge

lol wow..

@the backlund situation..frustrating for sure, I kinda hate the fact that Cervenka has been seemingly permanently benched. The guy has some serious talent, I'd like to see him on the ice, he clearly has conditioning issues and I've seen glimmers of greatness from him. I'm hoping it's just taking him a bit to find his flow and place on the team. Kinda hope he can play tomorrow and do some good because he's definitely a really good player who just can't seem to put it together.

Yep, I don't understand the benching of Cervenka. if they are tying to send a message to him I guess it makes sense. Even so he shows some real creativity when hes on the ice. Just play him ffs. And Backlund just seems to have the worst luck.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
What did he do? Looks like he gave a Cap a little bump and the guy went down like a ton of bricks. But I didn't see a replay so could be wrong.

Cross checked/injured Poti

Repeatedly slashed and punched Backstrom in the face for no reason

Took out Mojo from behind long after the whistle was blown

Karlsson, Edler, OEL, Enstrom, Kronwall (Hedman, Larsson)

Karlsson's the only guy up there that's a bona fide elite player. The rest are good players to be sure, but nothing to get excited about.

In regards to Hedman, what happened there? Have the Lightning ruined him, or is he just taking a while to develop?

Top Bottom