• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2013 |OT| Black History Forever

Revenant

If this game looked like an instragram picture then the jerseys would look great

:lol :lol

Hawks gonna Hawk

5TzHM.gif

DAT KANE SPIN-O-RAMA

EDIT: this seems to sum up the vancouver game

201303162348856919916-p2.jpeg

Alain, why have you forsaken me?

Clydefrog

ECHL games are a blast! Way happier I was at that game than at home watching the Sharks be fucking terrible.

I hate playing you guys. It's night and day with your team. One day you show up and the other you just fucking suck. But you mostly show up. Mostly.

RC

Banned

The Canucks' Last 10 is tied for 27th in the league. We rock.

Our PP is also 27th. We were 1st two years ago. I don't even.

This isn't the same team from two years ago. The core's the same, but the heart isn't there anymore.

Fuck my fucking life.

I can't even click on TSN right now, I can't bear the shame. This team needs something but I don't think we're in any position with any god damn team in this league to make a move right now, and the more we keep losing the worse our position gets. We are straight up fucked.

Tabris

Doom and gloom crowd is out. Stop worrying so much, I told you we would fight for a playoff spot at the end of the season. But things tend to go right when you have to fight for it, instead of having it given to you.

Alucard

Banned
Doom and gloom crowd is out. Stop worrying so much, I told you we would fight for a playoff spot at the end of the season. But things tend to go right when you have to fight for it, instead of having it given to you.

This isn't an inspirational film. Just because a team "fights" for something doesn't mean things are going to go their way. See: the Leafs.

RC

Banned

Oh shut the fuck up. We're not Rudy, Rocky, or the Little Engine That Could. We're just an underperforming hockey team badly in need of a shake up.

MacAttack

Seeing Winnipeg at third in the East is an odd sight.

A three game winning streak in a bad division will do that for you, especially when the division leader (Car) go on a 2 game losing streak at the same time.

I was just looking at some stats:

Best Team Goal Differential
---------------------------------
1. Chicago +35
2. Pittsburgh +27
3. Boston +25
4. Anaheim +24
5. Montreal +20

Worst Team Goal Differential
---------------------------------
30. Florida -39
29. Colorado -15
28. Buffalo -15
27. Edmonton -13
26. Columbus, Dallas, Calgary -12

I see three Eastern Conference teams in the top five in differential and 3+ Western Conference teams in the bottom five of league wide goal differential.

Even though Florida is taking losing to another level this season, the Eastern Conference has better high end teams (Bos/Pitt/Mon vs Chi/Ana) and better depth in teams currently not in the playoffs (Was/Phi/NJ vs CBJ/Dal/Cal).

Cats injury train rolls on. Parros injured last night, Jovo left after the 2nd.

ALL WE DO IS LOSE AND GET INJURED, LOSE AND GET INJURED, LOSE AND GET INJURED NO MATTA WHAT

Erdrick

Seeing Winnipeg at third in the East is an odd sight.

Edit:

ivT2HscQLlSbe.gif

:lol

I love that gif. Basically was my reaction at the end of the shootout when the Jets won yesterday too.

3rd in the East is surely odd for me as well... Last year we were first in our division for about a day or so before we screwed up and Florida came back to claim it. I'm more concerned with the Jets just staying consistent and for them to keep playing like they did in the 2nd period last night, minus the horrific stupidity by them in the last minute or so, for the rest of the season to even have a chance of looking at the playoffs. As long as we can get scoring from the rest of our team, and our defense plays without coughing up the puck at every chance... We could actually achieve something within the coming years. If they make the playoffs this year, bonus, but no one in Winnipeg (In their right mind) really thinks this is a playoff-contending team yet.

I'd love the Jets to win the SE title this last year that we are in it, just for the oddity that the banner would remain as for future fans to wonder about. haha

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Missed the game last night, how'd Tinordi look? Saw he got an assist.

Looked good, made simple plays, and had some nice breakout passes, was the first one to grab Clarkson after he was shoving with Markov. Stood out more than Pateryn. His assist came off a semi-point shot he took that was tipped in by Plekanec.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Got an "I Love Red Wings" Donut from Tim Horton's today, might as well enjoy this 2 game winning streak while it lasts.

:lol

I fell asleep listening to the game on Vancouver radio last night. I vaguely remember hearing the announcer say "5-2" and woke up assuming Detroit got crushed, only to find out it was bizarro night with Abby and Cleary scoring.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
I can't wait to see if there will be a ridiculous trade at the deadline like last year. I'm talking about Gaustad for a 1st type trade.

Revenant

listen to your shepherd NucksGAF, for he will guide you to the promiseland.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Love how PK moves. No racism, but seriously, sometimes he moves with the puck like a basketball player, and it works really well.
Seeing him play live really showed how smooth of a skate he is, and his puck carrying skills are incredible.

Oh shut the fuck up. We're not Rudy, Rocky, or the Little Engine That Could. We're just an underperforming hockey team badly in need of a shake up.
vESj1.gif

Smith wants Price money? LOL

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Are there any other head coaches that insist on having players play on the same side they shoot? Oates is obsessed with doing that and I just think it is a waste of time to so that with Ovechkin.

Top Bottom