• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2013 |OT| Black History Forever

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Good to know Bieksa wasn't the factor. We just generally suck.

HF with the division lead again, Minny!

Pochacco

asking dangerous questions
They look great in pictures... Not so well on TV lol
They do look good in pictures, but that's because they only look good in isolation.
They do not look good alongside the Red Wings' unis and alongside all of the ads on the boards/ice.

These top hats look really cool here:
17140__gony_l.jpg

...but they would look silly if some dude wore one to a Starbucks.

Smiley90

SOMEBODY FUCKING SHOOT THE PUCK ALREADY

We're so bad. Can SOMEBODY teach Henrik/everyone to just shoot.

Smiley90

That was the best 5 on 3 kill I've seen the Wings do in years. They're playing a perfect road game.

To be fair, we never shoot the puck on powerplays. You could've just stood there and they wouldn't have shot.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
If Abdelkader gets 2 goals that go off him through no fault of his own, I don't even...

EDIT - He should be thanking Datsyuk with a big dinner after this game, god.

Smiley90

HAHAHAHA, Abby can't score regularly, he either gets an empty net goal or the puck is shot by Datsyuk and it goes off him funny and into the net.

I love how CBC keeps repeating "that's why Datsyuk loves playing with him", when I have this feeling he'd actually LOVE to have competent wingers.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
I love how CBC keeps repeating "that's why Datsyuk loves playing with him", when I have this feeling he'd actually LOVE to have competent wingers.
You're not alone in that feeling. The media in Detroit has been hounding Babcock about why he's leaving Abdelkader on his wing for so long. This is the first game where something good happened and it really wasn't even due to him. Any player who just skated towards the net would've gotten those goals. Pavel needs at least one skill guy on his wing to really shine and allow him to shoot the puck instead of passing all the damn time.

Damn, Jimmy getting beat for that 2nd goal, booooo.

Wazzy

Banned
Well I was able to cheer for a goal once before leaving so I'm happy. Not really but I'll pretend I'm happy about it.

RC

Banned
Well I was able to cheer for a goal once before leaving so I'm happy. Not really but I'll pretend I'm happy about it.

Yeah at least we got to see a goal. Either way I'm still happy I got to be here. Thank you once again.

You're not alone in that feeling. The media in Detroit has been hounding Babcock about why he's leaving Abdelkader on his wing for so long. This is the first game where something good happened and it really wasn't even due to him. Any player who just skated towards the net would've gotten those goals. Pavel needs at least one skill guy on his wing to really shine and allow him to shoot the puck instead of passing all the damn time.

Damn, Jimmy getting beat for that 2nd goal, booooo.

Abby's going to get 20 minutes a night now, just what we want.... :/

On that note though, we won back to back games, absolutely amazing and this team has a serious bipolar issue when it comes to sucking or not sucking.

Daren Millard ‏@darenmillard

Jamie Benn on what went wrong “Well we ****ted on our 1st goalie & we ****ted on our 2nd. We left them hanging out 2 dry, unacceptable”

lolllllll

Feel bad for Brunner, he has had a few assists over the last few games (and another today) but no goals and he was demoted today by Babs for some reason though he wasn't really playing bad. Hopefully he can get a goal in one of these upcoming games to get his confidence back up.

Also LOL:

The Production Line ‏@TPLhockey
Arby's will give you a free bushel of potatoes if Pavel Datsyuk can bank three goals off of various body parts of Justin Abdelkader.

It's a reference on local Arby's giving away free curly fries if a Red Wing gets a hat trick.

Top Bottom