• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2013 |OT| Black History Forever

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Poor Sef. :(

Eklund :lol

Haven't had a good laugh from him in a while

He has also recently said Detroit was going after Ryan Miller.

Sometimes I wonder if he even bothers watching any games. If there's any position Detroit does NOT need right now, it's a goalie.

I thought Jimmy Howard was a pretty decent starting goalie?

If anything, I would have figured Eklund (and the NHL rumourmongers) to be talking about Detroit going after top-4 defencemen, since that's an idea that is actually plausible. But I suppose Eklund has his reputation for a reason.

TUSR

Banned
I thought Jimmy Howard was a pretty decent starting goalie?

If anything, I would have figured Eklund (and the NHL rumourmongers) to be talking about Detroit going after top-4 defencemen, since that's an idea that is actually plausible. But I suppose Eklund has his reputation for a reason.

Howard is a pretty good starting goalie, he just hasn't been last season Jimmy Howard though. Similar to a bunch of goalies in the league.

Eklund just makes stuff up, almost none of his "rumours" make sense if you look at the teams involved in his BS (needs, wants, cap situation etc.).

You can get more accurate results by randomly guessing trades rather than reading his site, some website proved it.

For Leafs-GAF, more useless fodder about Rielly:

TSN.ca said:
The Toronto Marlies will get added support on the blue line later this week with the addition of defenceman Morgan Rielly.

Rielly's junior season ended over the weekend with the Moose Jaw Warriors failing to make the WHL playoffs and it's expected that he will join the Marlies on Wednesday. The 19-year-old had 12 goals and 54 points during the regular season with the Warriors.

"Any time I've gone to Toronto they've always told me that they drafted me for a reason - it's because of what I am able do with the puck," Rielly told the Moose Jaw Times Herald. "That's what they ask me to do. I want to play hard every night and try to get better."

"they've always told me that they drafted me for a reason"

As opposed to the other prospects, whom we drafted for no reason.

Quick

Banned

I can only assume that what he does with the puck is similar to what hookers can do with golf balls.

There is no other reason.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

Shut your mouth.

Rielly will always be #1 in our hearts for a reason!

MorganRielly.MapleLeafs.jpg

I know, I know. What else are you going to say about getting called up?

I didn't realize he and Seth Jones were both born in 1994. Rielly in March, Jones in October.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I know, I know. What else are you going to say about getting called up?

I didn't realize he and Seth Jones were both born in 1994. Rielly in March, Jones in October.

I forgive you.

I still have yet to really see him play though, all the more reason to go see the Marlies now.

Cake Boss

Banned
Vancouver’s team save percentage of .906 that is considerably worse than the Jackets (.917), Edmonton (.916), and Toronto (.912)

That’s right, folks. That $9.3-million tandem of Roberto Luongo and Cory Schneider has a lower save percentage than the firms of Dubnyk-Khabibulin, Bobrovsky-Mason, and Reimer-Scrivens.

ibacGXx8DUkydX.gif

Merguson

Banned

I thought the summer would have been the perfect opportunity to trade Luongo yet there was no trade.

Looks like it still was the perfect opportunity.

EDIT: Not to mention.. in the old CBA.. Canucks would have been punished if Luongo retired before the end of his contract (I think?) but in the new CBA.. both teams would be punished..

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I thought the summer would have been the perfect opportunity to trade Luongo yet there was no trade.

Looks like it still was the perfect opportunity.

EDIT: Not to mention.. in the old CBA.. Canucks would have been punished if Luongo retired before the end of his contract (I think?) but in the new CBA.. both teams would be punished..
Nah man, Gillis is totally going to hit the jack pot by waiting this out. He's like Feaster you just don't understand his genius.

Ryder back in tomorrow for the Habs.

Look like Cats will recall out AHL goon Eric Selleck. Who will make his NHL debut.

I've lost count how many 1st NHL games the team has had. I think 7, maybe 8.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
So Nash-Richards-Gaborik is definitely a go for tonight, with Gaborik moved back to right wing. Hopefully this works.

I've seen some people comment that it's unbalanced to put these big guns all together on a line, but really, Stepan's line has been the top line for most of the season now. Hagelin-Stepan-Callahan should be a fast, hard working, dynamic line of its own, so if Nash can drag Richards and Gaby out of their slumps, we could have two high scoring lines. Big "if," though.

I'm still not sure why Torts is avoiding the Hagelin-Stepan-Nash line that was lighting things up a few weeks ago, though. I guess trying to get Gaborik comfortable again at right wing is more important? I know Step and Cally have had pretty fantastic chemistry with one another, but so did that whole line. Step seems to be able to work with anyone.

Red_Man

So Nash-Richards-Gaborik is definitely a go for tonight, with Gaborik moved back to right wing. Hopefully this works.

I've seen some people comment that it's unbalanced to put these big guns all together on a line, but really, Stepan's line has been the top line for most of the season now. Hagelin-Stepan-Callahan should be a fast, hard working, dynamic line of its own, so if Nash can drag Richards and Gaby out of their slumps, we could have two high scoring lines. Big "if," though.

I'm still not sure why Torts is avoiding the Hagelin-Stepan-Nash line that was lighting things up a few weeks ago, though. I guess trying to get Gaborik comfortable again at right wing is more important? I know Step and Cally have had pretty fantastic chemistry with one another, but so did that whole line.
Good article on why the Rangers are struggling from NHL.com

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=660720&navid=nhl:topheads

Cake Boss

Banned
After this mess of a season, AV.

Look what Paul MacLean is doing in Ottawa. And look at the pieces AV has to work with and our results. Its dismal.

Errr Maclean also has one of the deepest prospect pools to choose from, alot of these guys won the Calder 2 years ago.

Sure Maclean has done a great job but alot of credit goes to the drafting and the development of these players, the organization is turning up late round picks into NHL regulars on a yearly basis.

AV has Ebbet and Schroeder to choose from.

Canucks prospects have all been putting up fantastic seasons this year in the OHL.

Corrado

69 GP 7 G 38 A 45 Pts +18

McEneny
65 GP 6 G 28 A 34 Pts +7

Gaunce
60 GP 33 G 27 A 60 Pts +10

Not too shabby for a 5th rounder, an undrafted and a late first round pick.

Canucks look old and disinterested. For all Gillis's talk about the Detroit model, they seem to be following it (aging core), except the Red Wings are actually good and have prospects.

AV shirks away from any young player not named Tanev, but to be fair the Canucks' prospect pool isn't exactly brimming with talent.

I don't see AV getting canned before the end of the year unless the Canucks tank hard.

Offseason will be interesting though. What does Gillis do with his $4.2M seventh defenseman, $4-5M backup, and $4.25M third-liner?

Canucks prospects have all been putting up fantastic seasons this year in the OHL.

Corrado

69 GP 7 G 38 A 45 Pts +18

McEneny
65 GP 6 G 28 A 34 Pts +7

Gaunce
60 GP 33 G 27 A 60 Pts +10

Not too shabby for a 5th rounder, an undrafted and a late first round pick.

Gaunce ended up as a 90 overall in an NHL 13 sim I did

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Good article on why the Rangers are struggling from NHL.com

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=660720&navid=nhl:topheads

This is all pretty spot on. Including the assertion that last year may have been the aberration. Since Torts has been with the Rangers, our final standings in the conference have been, respectively:

7th
9th
8th
1st
and currently 10th

One of these things is not like the others. One of these things just isn't the same.

Who goes first, AV or Torts?

Unless we end up like 14th or 15th in the conference, Torts is safe through next season. Don't think it's even a blip on Sather's radar right now.

Can't wait of the turnovers this guy is going to generate.

Mmmm, Kessel will be so happy.

document%5Cflaky_apple_turnover_article.jpg

Red_Man said:
Who goes first, AV or Torts?

Torts, without question. Slather has gone out and given him the pieces he's asked for, and he's a giant prick.

AV's had to deal with a roster that's become progressively worse since the cup run. Gillis has been unable to maintain the talent level, so if anyone in Vancouver should go first, it's the GM.

Red_Man

Torts, without question. Slather has gone out and given him the pieces he's asked for, and he's a giant prick.

AV's had to deal with a roster that's become progressively worse since the cup run. Gillis has been unable to maintain the talent level, so if anyone in Vancouver should go first, it's the GM.
This is what I'm thinking. Torts is such a prick, guy needs to admit that maybe his team is playing like shit, and he's coaching like shit, instead of ragging on the other team constantly.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Mmmm, Kessel will be so happy.

document%5Cflaky_apple_turnover_article.jpg

Bring back Burke. Canucks flip flop on Jim and he's the greatest gm ever again.

Top Bottom