• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2013 |OT| Black History Forever

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Sather's a big Torts fanboy, and the team still respects him (I have yet to hear ANYBODY from that locker room call him out or even show the vaguest hints of dissension). He's not going anywhere.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Sather's a big Torts fanboy, and the team still respects him (I have yet to hear ANYBODY from that locker room call him out or even show the vaguest hints of dissension). He's not going anywhere.
Probably because they're scared of him. Torts style of coaching works when you're winning, but when you're losing it's not nearly as tolerable.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
He's not exactly a poster boy for constructive criticism and he seems the type to hold grudges and vendettas....so I'm not surprised anyone has stepped up to complain. Maybe their poor play is a form of passive aggressiveness

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Maybe a guy like Boyle is scared of him, but I find it hard to believe that Callahan, Richards, Nash, etc. are all "scared" of Torts. Not buying it.

For the record, I think Tortorella's been more of a liability than an asset this season. He's heavily dependent on his "process" which was completely destroyed by the lockout, and he's utterly failed to adjust. When asked after the Penguins game what the team could do to turn things around, his response was "I don't have an answer." I'm pretty sure he's telling the truth. He's clearly a problem. Not THE problem, but A problem.

But he's still going to get next year to right the ship (assuming, of course, that the ship still needs righting...we do still have almost half this season to go, after all). Sather wants Kreider and a bunch of our other prospects going through Torts' infamous training camp if nothing else.

Spl1nter

I am pretty excited to see Rielly with the baby leafs. His highlight packages are insane, you dont expect those type of hands on a defenceman. He has been involved in almost 40% of Moosejaw's goals which is crazy.

Canucks prospects have all been putting up fantastic seasons this year in the OHL.

Corrado

69 GP 7 G 38 A 45 Pts +18

McEneny
65 GP 6 G 28 A 34 Pts +7

Gaunce
60 GP 33 G 27 A 60 Pts +10

Not too shabby for a 5th rounder, an undrafted and a late first round pick.

WHL and QMJHL respectively but...

Ty Rattie
62 GP 48 G 62 A 110 Pts +56

Dmitrij Jaskin
51 GP 46 G 53 A 99 Pts +26

So much on RW it hurts.

Spl1nter

Rattie numbers are very impressive but not to take anything away from his play he is also playing on the best and highest scoring team in the WHL. That team is stacked.

Rattie numbers are very impressive but not to take anything away from his play he is also playing on the best and highest scoring team in the WHL. That team is stacked.

Yep. He's not even the highest points or goals on his line, much less team. He's not a big framed guy either.

Looking at Jaskin to make it to STL first.

Correct me if im wrong, but arent gillis and AV kind of a package deal?

AV was a holdover from the Nonis era. I highly doubt Gillis will get canned before AV does. Either both go (unlikely that ownership cleans house), AV gets fired and Gillis gets to bring in "his guy", or no one goes anywhere.

AV's fortunes are pretty much tied to the Sedins and Luongo. When Luongo gets traded and the Sedins start to decline, expect AV to get the boot/leave voluntarily.

Acid08

Banned
Acid, should we expect to win or lose today?
No idea. Probably win.

Demers is in, yay!
Havlat is in, meh.
Clowe is out, yay!
Neno is starting, meh.
Murray is playing, fuck.
Burns is still a forward, huh?
Braun is out, yay!
Galiardi sitting, boo.
Kennedy playing, booooooo.

I guess we'll see what kind of effort is put in tonight. We pretty much have seen both of their extremes in these last couple games against the Queens. What's consistency?

Red_Man

Murray not playing good this year Acid? He's one of the names that a lot of Habs fans / press people have been recommending Bergevin goes for at the trade deadline.

Acid08

Banned
Murray not playing good this year Acid? He's one of the names that a lot of Habs fans / press people have been recommending Bergevin goes for at the trade deadline.
He's slower than ever. He used to be able to make up for that with great positioning and smart decisions but he hasn't been doing either this year. His breakout passes are just awful and he drags down everyone who's partnered with him.

He's good at blocking shots on the PK though.

Red_Man

He's slower than ever. He used to be able to make up for that with great positioning and smart decisions but he hasn't been doing either this year. His breakout passes are just awful and he drags down everyone who's partnered with him.

He's good at blocking shots on the PK though.
That sucks, he's the big body type of D man we need right now, the reason Tinordi is up. Hopefully Bergevin avoids it then.

Revenant

tumblr_mchru2NrBh1rbk089o7_r1_400.gif

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I'd hit it. -shrug-

EDIT: HOW MANY FAVOURS HAS HERETIC NEEDED FROM YOU GUYS?!? He gets around, I see.

Red_Man

For Dastardly and the Gargler, Friedman on Perry:

Here's where it sounds like things stand on Corey Perry: I think the Ducks tested the market for him. But teams were not willing to give fair value for the 2011 Hart Trophy winner unless they knew Perry would commit to them beyond this season. I think that increased Anaheim's resolve to keep him. I am putting myself out there a bit, but it wouldn't come as a shock if he ends up staying.

NHL-GAF best step the fuck back if they're talkin about taking my LW and forcing him to do unspeakable acts

Don't make me take off my pimp glove and start me on a slapping rampage!

RC

Banned
Booth emptied hid locker. Either longterm IR or being bought out.

Either way I don't care. Booth adds nothing but missed shots and wasted opportunities.
Why would AV start Lou again? To see if he's capable of letting in less then four goals?

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Heretic is like a joint at a party. He gets passed around. And around and around. Until there is nothing left.

That makes no sense, because... Joints get put into mouths, while heretic ... He'd also get more full as the night goes on.... I better stop.

Top Bottom