• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2013 |OT| Black History Forever

Marvie_3

Banned
Do Hawks fans in here worry about the team peaking too early and then fading in the playoffs?
Not at all.

I'm still not convinced that you can go deep in a Cup run with a goaltending duo of Emery/Crawford.

Then again, they won it all with Niemi, so what do I know? But I'm gonna go with goaltending/defense being the reason for the Hawks demise, if it happens.
Crawford and Emery have both been a lot better than Niemi and our defense is deeper than it was in 2010.

He started scoring and playing well with Grabo before moving up Kessel line. I think he is a better fit on that line anyway. Lupul probably wont be on the first line the first 2-3 games anyway.

You're probably right, but I think another trade happens before Lupul comes back, and I think it'll be Kulemin or MacArthur

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
You're probably right, but I think another trade happens before Lupul comes back, and I think it'll be Kulemin or MacArthur

Call me crazy but without looking and seeing if Lupes and Frattin play the same wing...

I'd love to see a Lupul-Kadri-Frattin line and continue with JVR-Bozak-Kessel.

I think that Kadri line would be dynamic.

But more importantly...Carlyle it's time to go with top PP line:

Kessel-Kadri-JVR

It must happen!

Quick

Banned

I think it's going to be Kulemin. Probably has a better return than MacArthur, plus he has one more year in his contract, and Mac's is ending after this season.

I still think it'll be MacArthur. Kulemin isn't the goal scorer he was advertised to be two seasons ago, but he's good at the shut down role. I think we'll resign him for a bargain. MacArthur on the other hand is made redundant by Frattin.

Kave_Man, I'd love to see Kessel with Kadri too. I think it's about time Carlyle breaks up Bozak and Kessel, even just for a few games. They need to get it together.

Cactus

Banned
Trading Kulemin is a big risk. He and Grabovski are playing the most important defensive minutes out of all the forwards right now, and doing a very good job.

We can fit in Frattin and Lupul without making any deals. Carlyle can just stick Komarov on the fourth line with McClement and McLaren, and sit Steckel and Orr.

Curufinwe

I have faith that we'll pull through. Ellis seems to be doing alright. When Peters starts though, I'll be worried.

You want Leighton back? Please take him back.

Read is supposedly ahead of schedule and will be out a maximum of three more weeks. This third line could be great, and no more need to play old man Knuble and dumbass Zolnierczyk.

Giroux/Voracek/Hartnell
Briere/Schenn/Simmonds
Couturier/Read/Gagne
Talbot/Fedotenko/Rinaldo

Spl1nter

Kulemin is a premier 3rd line checking player. There are actually not that many players with his size, speed, and defensive ability in the league. I would expect very high return for him.

Macarthur is a good player when he plays fiesty and its been seen in the past few games. I think if he continues to play that way he is worth a 2nd at deadline.

Its a lot easier to see macarthur shipped out than kulemin as he is a very hard player to replace.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Trading Kulemin is a big risk. He and Grabovski are playing the most important defensive minutes out of all the forwards right now, and doing a very good job.

We can fit in Frattin and Lupul without making any deals. Carlyle can just stick Komarov on the fourth line with McClement and McLaren, and sit Steckel and Orr.

Yeah I think out of all the forwards my liege is the most likely one to be moved if anyone does.

Also to Simon:

I don't think Carlyle will put Kadri with Kessel at all on a regular shift this season unless it's on the PP. I think he's right in protecting him for now and building up his confidence. But if Kadri keeps on the pace he is now at least by next year (if we don't have a top centre) I could see Kadri finally moving up there.

You want Leighton back? Please take him back.

Read is supposedly ahead of schedule and will be out a maximum of three more weeks. This third line could be great, and no more need to play old man Knuble and dumbass Zolnierczyk.

Giroux/Voracek/Hartnell
Briere/Schenn/Simmonds
Couturier/Read/Gagne
Talbot/Fedotenko/Rinaldo

I am really liking those top 3 lines. Schenn and Voracek have been so good this year. I was worried about both guys at the start of the year but they have calmed all fears.

Curufinwe

They both started off slow, but came good.

Couturier is having a pretty poor season, especially offensively, but playing with Gagne should help. Couturier might be tired after playing 31 games in the AHL during the lockout.

They both started off slow, but came good.

Couturier is having a pretty poor season, especially offensively, but playing with Gagne should help. Couturier might be tired after playing 31 games in the AHL during the lockout.

It hurts me so much to agree with you here.... :( :( :(

Now if only our D didn't blow.

Do Hawks fans in here worry about the team peaking too early and then fading in the playoffs?

When is the last time a team ran the table throughout the season? Detroit in 07-08? Clearly, the Hawks are a great team but as we've seen in previous seasons President's Trophy winners haven't done so well. 3 of the last 4 have lost in the first round.

I guess the shortened season could help in that matter, though.

No. Honestly, I think we can play better anyways. Maybe not in results, but on ice.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Think he's still on the IR, isn't he?

Was just watching some pre game clips and they mentioned he won't be in.

Good.

I hope this gives Carlye a chance to whip some Leafs into shape after that terrible game on the Island. Almost wasted a hat trick AND we still gave the Isle the loser point.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
He'll get two games, he'll like it, and Richards will return to practice about ten seconds after the suspension is announced.

Cake Boss

Banned
Ian Mendes ‏@ian_mendes
All signs point to Mark Stone joining the Senators soon. The latest now up on Sportsnet.ca http://tinyurl.com/d4qhp6c

Ahh yisss, motherfucking Mark Stone.

Mark+Stone+World+Jr.jpeg

Smiley90

I'm not quite sure what's happening in this pic, or what exactly the face expression of Henrik stands for

tumblr_mj043yRglo1qd3cuho1_1280.jpg

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Sportsnet rumour

Penguins going after Iggy
People have been saying that since last year. Pens need better defence not more fire power, unless they feel like having to score 6-7 goals to win a game like last years playoffs.

Ahh yisss, motherfucking Mark Stone.

No idea what to expect, he had an awesome first impression in the playoff last year.

I'm not sure if it's too soon, he just got back from an injury.

People have been saying that since last year. Pens need better defence not more fire power, unless they feel like having to score 6-7 goals to win a game like last years playoffs.

Pens and Flyers trying to do outdo each other for who has the best offense, worst defense/goaltending in the state of PA.

Smiley90

Sportsnet rumour

Penguins going after Iggy

Ha, funny, they talked about this last night too in the moderator round and said penguins would be the only realistic target, because

A) eastern conference
B) cup contender
C) Crosby-iginla (Olympics) connection

Cake Boss

Banned
Derek Grant just go reassigned to Bingo... Stay tuned.

Probably either means Michalek is back or Stone called up, either way its good news.

Also sit out that cunt Smith, worked great for Greening and Zibby, the last time he scored was March 8, 2012. That is Bobby Butler level of suckyness.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
He'll get two games, he'll like it, and Richards will return to practice about ten seconds after the suspension is announced.

This is probably more or less what is going to happen. Torts said Richards is going to be fine, and we haven't called anybody up today, so it certainly seems like the plan is for him to play tomorrow.

Kaleta's not going to get too much either. His hearing is by phone, so it can only be a max of 5 games (which is really the minimum of what he should get if they're really serious about deterring these kinds of hits), but for some reason I can't see him getting the max, especially with Richards seemingly alright.

I'm guessing 3 games.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Rangers signed Josh Nicholls. No idea if the plan is to bring him up or if he's going to stay in the WHL for the time being. I'm guessing the latter.

Top Bottom