• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2013 |OT| Black History Forever

Cake Boss

Banned
Andrei Loktionov returned a 5th
Brown a 4th

Loki has 5 points in 6 games with the devils so far
Brown had a total of 4 points all of last season.

Edmonton-Oilers-General-Manager-Steve-Tambellini-open-about-No-1-Draft-Pick-dealing-NHL-Updates-74616.jpg

Different players I know but god damn.

Quick

Banned
Aaron Ward ‏@aaronward_nhl

Leafs Mike Brown has been traded to the Edmonton Oilers for picks.

Nonis NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I guess they didn't want to risk sending anyone through waivers to the Marlies to make room for Frattin

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUHHHHGHFHHHHHHHHFHHUGHHHHHH

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUHHHHGHFHHHHHHHHFHHUGHHHHHH
Bah you guys. He didn't have much choice with all our roster spots taken up. Unless we were going to trade Liles and Coma, someone had to go. I think this will actually help the oil. Need a tough guy to get an oil change done.

Wish we could package both D for something good in return.....like if Isles really needed to hit the cap floor there, we could've helped them and Coma has been playing better just not 4.5 million better

Spl1nter

Bah you guys. He didn't have much choice with all our roster spots taken up. Unless we were going to trade Liles and Coma, someone had to go. I think this will actually help the oil. Need a tough guy to get an oil change done.

Wish we could package both D for something good in return.....like if Isles really needed to hit the cap floor there, we could've helped them and Coma has been playing better just not 4.5 million better

Ya when lupul comes back komarov will be on the 4th line. Komarov is infinitely better than brown.

Ya when lupul comes back komarov will be on the 4th line. Komarov is infinitely better than brown.

What do our lines even look like when Frattin and Lupul are back?

Lupul / Bozak / Kessel
JVR / Grabbo / Kulemin
Macarthur / Kadri / Frattin
Orr / McClement / Komarov

McLaren and Steckel in the box? JVR's production is gonna drop like a stone if he's on the Grabbo line.

Solo

Hope Bourque comes back soon. Pleks is missing him.

Definitely. And they need to get their third line sorted. Gally w/ Armstrong and White on the 4th was lolz-worthy.

Myself, I'd go back to:

1st: Patches-DD-BGally
2nd: Bourque-Plekanec-Gionts
3rd: Galchenyuk-Eller-Prust
4th: Moen-White Armstrong

The 1st is dynamite. The 2nd w/ Bourque provides good secondary scoring and defensive play. Eller and Gally have great chemistry and so do Prust and Gally on the 3rd. The 4th is the 4th.

Spl1nter

What do our lines even look like when Frattin and Lupul are back?

Lupul / Bozak / Kessel
JVR / Grabbo / Kulemin
Macarthur / Kadri / Frattin
Orr / McClement / Komarov

McLaren and Steckel in the box? JVR's production is gonna drop like a stone if he's on the Grabbo line.

He started scoring and playing well with Grabo before moving up Kessel line. I think he is a better fit on that line anyway. Lupul probably wont be on the first line the first 2-3 games anyway.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Definitely. And they need to get their third line sorted. Gally w/ Armstrong and White on the 4th was lolz-worthy.

Myself, I'd go back to:

2nd: Bourque-Plekanec-Gionts
4th: Moen-White Armstrong

The 1st is dynamite. The 2nd w/ Bourque provides good secondary scoring and defensive play. Eller and Gally have great chemistry and so do Prust and Gally on the 3rd. The 4th is the 4th.

Yeah, the lines have been screwy thanks to Bourque's injury. White has been good on face-offs of late, so I'm not sure what they will do when Nokalinen is ready? Wouldn't mind seeing Armstrong sit for a while.

Solo

Yeah, the lines have been screwy thanks to Bourque's injury. White has been good on face-offs of late, so I'm not sure what they will do when Nokalinen is ready? Wouldn't mind seeing Armstrong sit for a while.

They'll either have to sit Armstrong or Moen (who has been terrible so far) or trade one of them when Noke gets back in.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Kaberle has been decent the last few games, except when he tries to take shots. Hope Ryder gets his shit together. No more excuses for him when we play the Isles. You also forgot him in your line combo's, :lol just noticed

Solo

Whoops!

2nd: Bourque-Plekanec-Ryder
4th: Gionta-White-Moen/Armstrong

Sit Armstrong or Moen.

Sanjuro

Kaberle has been decent the last few games, except when he tries to take shots. Hope Ryder gets his shit together. No more excuses for him when we play the Isles. You also forgot him in your line combo's, :lol just noticed

I was amazed that he wasn't transparent the other day. I don't think he has much left other than vapors in the tank, but he is still a fairly intelligent player.

Solo

I also have decided that I REQUIRE Habs/Bruins playoff series again this year.

2013?

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
I was amazed that he wasn't transparent the other day. I don't think he has much left other than vapors in the tank, but he is still a fairly intelligent player.

He put up 14 points in Dallas. Just hasn't got going with a regular line yet. From Solo's lines above, a line with him Bourque and Pleks could be great.

edit: and if he doesn't work out we still were able to free up cap space.

Solo

Damn, was looking over stats, Pacioretty has not played in the playoffs yet.

2009-2010 he was sent back to Hamilton
2010-2011 was Chara-gate
2011-2012 Habs missed the playoffs

This year, Max.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Brown beaut. :(

But so be it. The fact they were able to get a 4th round pick for him is pretty awesome.

With clearing the space for Frattin I guess they also looked at the fact Fraser McLaren probably fills the spot a bit better as well.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
LOL, just as I posted about Max he is named the NHL's first star of the week! Attaboy, Patches!

Awesome, can't believe that amazingly terrible bounce from centre ice actually awoke him.

I'm amazed by Kaberle these last two games, meaning I haven't noticed him in either game, which is a great thing for him.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Now I've seen everything. I'll have to go invest in a bomb shelter seeing as the world is clearly ending.

He shouldn't be on that line, but he seems to have hit a bit of a wall already. Gallagher is exceeding all my expectations.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Now I've seen everything. I'll have to go invest in a bomb shelter seeing as the world is clearly ending.

Wow, that was weird. That Felger guy is complete tool though. Something that was missed in the game was Markov received are pretty vicious cross-check in front of the net with no call.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Wow, that was weird. That Felger guy is complete tool though. Something that was missed in the game was Markov received are pretty vicious cross-check in front of the net with no call.
He said the Habs played liked broads on national television.....the guy is a joke, you know you're an idiot when you have Milbury calling you out and defending the Habs.

Man that's a dedicated dive if I ever saw one
:lol

$1.8M for this season and the next... is he even worth a buyout?

We currently have the lowest payroll in the NHL, but a lot of RFA/UFA to deal with this summer. Stillman will continue to run the team on a shoestring budget until we can produce profits (not an attendance or merchandise issue, we were fucked on arena / parking / concession rights by sketchy previous ownership). We don't really have any long bad decision contracts that need a buyout either.

All that considered, we could really use that 1.8 on a Center / LHD. We can't bury Elliott's contract in the AHL with the new CBA, so other options are wait the contract out with him in Peoria or hope someone picks him up off waivers.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
It takes a special kind of stupid to make Milbury look sensible and intelligent.

Just saw Juliens comments too. LOL, bitching about embellishment when you have Marchand on your team, and after Seguins little performance that game?

First place feels good.

Razorskin

----- ------
It takes a special kind of stupid to make Milbury look sensible and intelligent.

Just saw Juliens comments too. LOL, bitching about embellishment when you have Marchand on your team, and after Seguins little performance that game?

First place feels good.

Dauterive is a bitch.

Top Bottom