• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2013 |OT| Black History Forever

Don't mention games on a gaming forum.

nofunallowed.jpg

Pochacco

asking dangerous questions
How are the Canadiens so good?? 1st place? They sucked last year!!
Why are my Oilers still so sucky? They didn't get a single shot on net in the 2nd period tonight.
What the fuuuuuuuuccck?? I don't get it.

Edmonton-Oilers-General-Manager-Steve-Tambellini-open-about-No-1-Draft-Pick-dealing-NHL-Updates-74616.jpg

oh, right.

How are the Canadiens so good?? 1st place? They sucked last year!!
Why are my Oilers still so sucky? They didn't get a single shot on net in the 2nd period tonight.
What the fuuuuuuuuccck?? I don't get it.

Edmonton-Oilers-General-Manager-Steve-Tambellini-open-about-No-1-Draft-Pick-dealing-NHL-Updates-74616.jpg

oh, right.

He's missing one thing that separates him from winning GM's:

1. Trade for ridiculously overpaid, under-performing player
2. Buyout said player
3. ???
4. Profit!

Mention games that matter, like UT2004 or Battlezone. (The late 90's version, otherwise known as one of the greatest games ever made)

For a second there I thought you typed in Battletoads.

Now that's one of the greatest games ever made.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
:lol Mac and Sanjuro crying about all the salt being thrown around last night. I guess you learn best from their players, "oh no, somebody pushed back, I'm going to cry and sucker punch someone in the face."

You guys know you'd be doing the exact same had the situations been reversed. It's a Habs-Bruins game, we all have to turn the salt up to 11.

Solo

Also Eller is becoming one hell of a two-way centre, and even better, he's got a mean streak that is emerging and doesn't back down from anyone.

THE GREAT DANE! hnnnnnnnnnngggggggggggg

That's the biggest difference this year. Team has heart and soul now.

Also Eller is becoming one hell of a two-way centre, and even better, he's got a mean streak that is emerging and doesn't back down from anyone.

But he's a pastry

Solo

4 road games this week. Should be interesting

@ Isles tomorrow
@ Canes Thursday
@ Bolts Saturday
@ Panthers Sunday

If the Habs can manage not to have a letdown after the Boston game, these 4 games offer a GREAT chance to really distance ourselves.

Sanjuro

:lol Mac and Sanjuro crying about all the salt being thrown around last night. I guess you learn best from their players, "oh no, somebody pushed back, I'm going to cry and sucker punch someone in the face."

You guys know you'd be doing the exact same had the situations been reversed. It's a Habs-Bruins game, we all have to turn the salt up to 11.

Who are you again? Don't think you know me very well.

Sanjuro

4 road games this week. Should be interesting

@ Isles tomorrow
@ Canes Thursday
@ Bolts Saturday
@ Panthers Sunday

If the Habs can manage not to have a letdown after the Boston game, these 4 games offer a GREAT chance to really distance ourselves.

It's going to be an endurance run. Both teams I think have games every day/every other day for a good stretch.

Those three games the Habs have played over the Bruins still might come back to bite, positioning wise.

Solo

Also:

NHL overall standings -

1: Chicago - 22 games played, 41 points
30. Columbus - 22 games played, 16 points

LOL

Sanjuro

The Blackhawks have been a joke all season. Besides not having been dealt a regulation loss this season, what else have they done?!

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member

He's been killing it in the faceoff dot lately, something they desperately need.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Do Hawks fans in here worry about the team peaking too early and then fading in the playoffs?

When is the last time a team ran the table throughout the season? Detroit in 07-08? Clearly, the Hawks are a great team but as we've seen in previous seasons President's Trophy winners haven't done so well. 3 of the last 4 have lost in the first round.

I guess the shortened season could help in that matter, though.

Solo

I'm still not convinced that you can go deep in a Cup run with a goaltending duo of Emery/Crawford.

Then again, they won it all with Niemi, so what do I know? But I'm gonna go with goaltending/defense being the reason for the Hawks demise, if it happens.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
What's the verdict on the Kaleta hit on Richards here?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAnZ3fOo_G8

Definitely dangerous, but I can't help but feel like Richards put himself in a vulnerable position to start with. He (probably) knew Kaleta was right behind him, since they were already making some contact with each other. That, and his knees buckled a split second before Kaleta checked him and it equaled to what happened.

Just a flat out dangerous and stupid play. It's not like a bang-bang play where everybody's moving at velocity and bad things sometimes happen, it was a conscious (and poor) decision on Kaleta's part to crosscheck Richards in the back that close to the boards. From where I was sitting live, I was actually scared for a second that Richards might have broken his neck or something and was really somewhat relieved when he started writhing around. That he was able to come back a couple minutes later was just plain lucky and shouldn't do much to diminish the suspension that's coming Kaleta's way.

I'm guessing Richards' histrionics were probably about 70% legit pain, 30% selling the hit. He still went face first into those boards, but he also knew the team needed an emotional spark. And for once, this team actually responded. Really the first time this team has managed an emotional gut check sort of win this season.

While we're at it, the people trying to somehow equate Girardi's hit in OT with Kaleta's are really reaching. That actually was a play at velocity where both players were chasing the puck, unlike Kaleta's hit, and Girardi just got unlucky that Ennis turned his body towards the boards at the last second before the contact, because they WERE going to hit shoulder-to-shoulder without that turn. He was coming in to try to make a clean hit but ended up unable to stop from hitting him in the back into the boards. It was worthy of a boarding penalty, and that's about it.

Razorskin

----- ------
Also:

NHL overall standings -

1: Chicago - 22 games played, 41 points
30. Columbus - 22 games played, 16 points

LOL

The only solace Blue Jackets fans can find is that they have 3 1st rounders this year, and so far all 3 are in the top 15. I'd love to see them win the lottery with a lower pick and get the two top picks along with another top 15 pick :lol.

Tabris

He's missing one thing that separates him from winning GM's:

1. Trade for ridiculously overpaid, under-performing player
2. Buyout said player
3. ???
4. Profit!

Who are you talking about on that? Isn't there like 2 GM's between the trade for overpaid player and buyout player (I assume you mean Scott Gomez)?

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
The only solace Blue Jackets fans can find is that they have 3 1st rounders this year, and so far all 3 are in the top 15. I'd love to see them win the lottery with a lower pick and get the two top picks along with another top 15 pick :lol.

That would be pretty great. Then after 2 more first overall picks maybe, just maybe they can start thinking about actually beginning their rebuild.

Aaron Ward ‏@aaronward_nhl

Leafs Mike Brown has been traded to the Edmonton Oilers for picks.

Nonis NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I guess they didn't want to risk sending anyone through waivers to the Marlies to make room for Frattin

Merguson

Banned
Aaron Ward ‏@aaronward_nhl

Leafs Mike Brown has been traded to the Edmonton Oilers for picks.

Nonis NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I guess they didn't want to risk sending anyone through waivers to the Marlies to make room for Frattin

Dave Nonis fleecing begins!

EDIT: 4th in 2014.. good enough.. we dealt a 5th for him..

I have faith that we'll pull through. Ellis seems to be doing alright. When Peters starts though, I'll be worried.

Yeah, luckily I don't feel we've necessarily relied on our goal tending to get us where we are now, so that helps. We need our defense to come up big though. We need a defenseman, stat!

Our entire first line are all +15 btw. Pretty good.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Yeah, luckily I don't feel we've necessarily relied on our goal tending to get us through this season, so that helps. We need our defense to come up big though. We need a defenseman stat!

I know we don't have the best defense squad in the league, but we're alright. Faulk, Pitkanen, Gleason are all decent enough.

Top Bottom