• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2013 |OT| Black History Forever

Revenant

What happened? I'm finally home. Good/bad game?

Shaw was coming in to finish a check on Statsny and in defense he put his elbow up, don't think it was malicious, but Statsny should have just taken the contact, wasn't like Shaw was going to light him up

and.....

TOEWS

Grumpy-Cat.jpg

Hell of a setup from Wideman there. You guys can say what you want but hes been great on the flames, really fills that hole in our defense.

Shaw was coming in to finish a check on Statsny and in defense he put his elbow up, don't think it was malicious, but Statsny should have just taken the contact, wasn't like Shaw was going to light him up

and.....

TOEWS

Grumpy-Cat.jpg

I can see this. Stastny is a bit of a coward, his biggest issue besides not wanting to ever fucking shoot is that he's a coward and never wants to go to the dirty areas.

Yup, Wideman's been solid.

I'm dying to see Baertschi score his first, it's gotta happen soon... right?

Youd think, if Hartley would let him try the PP it would have happened already. It seems like hes really making Sven earn his place, not that I blame him for that, the kids a proven natural talent though. He will develop well in time.

Chris R

How ok are you with O'Reilly being responsible for a shorthander against us? Not to take away from Toews but Radar played that terribly.

Just got home, have no idea about anything that has happened so far :p Gonna go look up a quick recap now though.

This! Cmon Sven!

Jay Bo has completely turned his games around this season.

I know a lot of non flames fans look at our team and shrug us off, but I feel like were right there on being a contending team, I might just be overly optimistic. The lack of centermans is really hurting us, a ton of it is a mental thing too, if they play a full game theyd see a lot more wins, but 20 minutes of 100 percent does not cut it in the NHL.

CREMSteve

I know a lot of non flames fans look at our team and shrug us off, but I feel like were right there on being a contending team, I might just be overly optimistic. The lack of centermans is really hurting us, a ton of it is a mental thing too, if they play a full game theyd see a lot more wins, but 20 minutes of 100 percent does not cut it in the NHL.

They have too many LW, not enough RW, and only have 1 C.

Just a poor mix, IMO.

They have too many LW, not enough RW, and only have 1 C.

Just a poor mix, IMO.

Definitely. But for the first time in a long time, outside of center, it feels as though we're on to something. It just feels much more like a team than it has for a couple years I guess is what I mean. I don't think we have a championship team here, I feel like we are on the cusp of having a good competitive team though. Time will tell I guess. Tons of line up changes, injuries, coaching change etc.. it's been a slow tumultuous start to build chemistry this season.

Top Bottom