• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2013 |OT| Black History Forever

MacAttack

Are you saying Canadians are stupid and don't know how to operate household appliances?

NOT COOL
Just saying that Phil Kessel is the pride of the Wisconson Public School system and the University of Minnesota, where he learned difficult life lessons such as operating a washing machine and cleaning up after yourself.

Acid08

Banned
tumblr_m0hjhbd0xv1qkmbaio1_500.jpg

Shouldn't it be "Thank You Burke"? This guy is a fucking idiot.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I LOVE THIS TEAM

Eller is so much dreamier in person <3 I was slow jerking to him right in my seat.

Red_Man

Weber injured apparently and Habs call up Greg Pateryn. Interesting that he gets called up before Tinordi. Also Subban is 3rd in points per game for a D man now. Seeing him play in person really emphasises how strong he is and how fluid he plays the game. I don't know if they showed it on tv because it was behind the play but some Canes player took him down and was tangled up with him and Subban got up and punched him right in the ribs, everyone around stood up and started booing :lol

Red_Man

I hope Diaz and Bourque get back soon.
Yea, seeing Moen play with Pleks and Gio makes me sick to my stomach. I was happy they resigned him, but he's been garbage this year. The puck Gio took to the face was pretty scary too.

RC

Banned
Okay, two separate points.

Point 1:

Canucks are 3-3-4 (10 points) in their last 10 games. You'd think the division would get tighter. Minnesota and Calgary are both 5-4-1 (11 points). Edmonton is 3-5-2 (8 points), and Colorado is 3-4-3 (9 points). Moral of the story? Win 3 of your last 10, only have division lead close by 1 point. NORTHWORST!

Point 2:

The Canucks need a shake up. A Luongo trade or AV getting canned.

Should've happened already.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Yea, seeing Moen play with Pleks and Gio makes me sick to my stomach. I was happy they resigned him, but he's been garbage this year. The puck Gio took to the face was pretty scary too.

Did he get hit in the face? I thought he just got that nasty cross-check.

Red_Man

Did he get hit in the face? I thought he just got that nasty cross-check.
Maybe? They didn't show a replay, it looked like he took a Plek slapper to the head, I almost shit my pants. Seeing as he stayed on the ice maybe it was a cross check.

bardia

Okay, two separate points.

Point 1:

Canucks are 3-3-4 (10 points) in their last 10 games. You'd think the division would get tighter. Minnesota and Calgary are both 5-4-1 (11 points). Edmonton is 3-5-2 (8 points), and Colorado is 3-4-3 (9 points). Moral of the story? Win 3 of your last 10, only have division lead close by 1 point. NORTHWORST!

Point 2:

The Canucks need a shake up. A Luongo trade or AV getting canned.

AV may be the most successful coach we have had but he clearly lost this team after the Bruins game last year. This team has been awful since last January and they've never managed to pick up the pace and play an emotional game and AV admitted in the off season that the team lost all their emotion and that he couldn't get the guys going again. Along with some questionable coaching decisions, I think it's time for AV to go.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Damn, this is pretty awesome. The goalie mask of PETR Mrazek, who plays for the Grand Rapid GRIFFINS:

jkpHr1k.jpg

Smiley90

Though where did you hear the walk thing? If you look at the end, he's actually moving his feet/skates.

http://sports.nationalpost.com/2013/03/07/ronny-keller-coach-hockey-player-paralyzed-video/ (and tons of other sources)

Statement from the hospital:

"Following the serious injury of the fourth thoracic vertebra, Ronny Keller will be a permanent paraplegic. There is neither head nor brain injuries."

Sucks but it looks like the kid (guy?) just got out-muscled...

Guy turned around, saw him coming, tried to brace for the hit, other dude could've, you know AVOIDED purpusefully checking head first into the boards from behind. They were nowhere close to the boards to make a hit like that.

Heretic

http://sports.nationalpost.com/2013/03/07/ronny-keller-coach-hockey-player-paralyzed-video/ (and tons of other sources)

"Following the serious injury of the fourth thoracic vertebra, Ronny Keller will be a permanent paraplegic. There is neither head nor brain injuries."

Guy turned around, saw him coming, tried to brace for the hit, other dude could've, you know AVOIDED purpusefully checking head first into the boards from behind. They were nowhere close to the boards to make a hit like that.

Other guy (injured dude) engaged first. Doesn't seem intentional or from the back.

A bunch of sites are saying he's a permanent paraplegic now because he broke his 4th vertebrae or something.

Weird... Is it common to be able to move them at first and then lose movement? I'm not the only one seeing his skates moving, am I?

Smiley90

Weird... Is it common to be able to move them at first and then lose movement? I'm not the only one seeing his skates moving, am I?

It's actually quite common. Sometimes the vertebrae injury still leaves the nerves a bit viable, and then when the swelling sets in you're screwed. I'm not sure how far into analysis they are at the hospital, so that he was still somewhat able to move his legs might mean that the nerve isn't COMPLETELY separated, so he might have a tiny chance of getting at last some feeling back in his legs. Or the swelling might've destroyed what little connection there still was. But then I'm not a doctor.

It's actually quite common. Sometimes the vertebrae injury still leaves the nerves a bit viable, and then when the swelling sets in you're screwed. I'm not sure how far into analysis they are at the hospital, so that he was still somewhat able to move his legs might mean that the nerve isn't COMPLETELY separated, so he might have a tiny chance of getting at last some feeling back in his legs. Or the swelling might've destroyed what little connection there still was. But then I'm not a doctor.

To be honest, it seems as though it's an area medicine is making gigantic leaps in. all hope may not be lost.

Heretic

To be honest, it seems as though it's an area medicine is making gigantic leaps in. all hope may not be lost.

i work at a doctor's office and i'm amazed at what they can accomplish. I've seen spines that look like the letter S fixed almost perfectly. They look like robot when looking at their x-rays though. hopefully all is not lost.

I still remember watching this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiwMVO3r86c live. His leg had to be amputated after, watching it was absolutely brutal.

WARNING DO NOT WATCH IF HERETIC-Y.

lol i'm not squeamish AT ALL. I think it hit me because of the update. Most sick videos i've seen end as soon as the video does. I think it'd affect me if I heard of the aftermath.

Edit: Just saw the video. INSANE.
you can see the leg just spin and spin

bardia

Man that guy looks lucky to be alive. Had he broken his vertebrae just a few levels higher he may have been dead as he would've lost control of his diaphragm and the ability to breathe.

Smiley90

Man that guy looks lucky to be alive. Had he broken his vertebrae just a few levels higher he may have been dead as he would've lost control of his diaphragm and the ability to breathe.

Somebody else knows their anatomy.

i work at a doctor's office and i'm amazed at what they can accomplish. I've seen spines that look like the letter S fixed almost perfectly. They look like robot when looking at their x-rays though. hopefully all is not lost.

lol i'm not squeamish AT ALL. I think it hit me because of the update. Most sick videos i've seen end as soon as the video does. I think it'd affect me if I heard of the aftermath.

Edit: Just saw the video. INSANE.
you can see the leg just spin and spin

Ya, I had to close once I saw that. I was like ah, he's just rolling... OMG HIS LEG

Top Bottom