• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL November 2016 |OT| #MakeOilersGreatAgain.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
And just like that Montreal's crazy good goal differential has been cut in half.

imBask

Banned
This thread sure is full of people with 9 games worth of salt held back by us playing really well

GO AT IT YA LOSERS

mdubs

Banned
1b142c6fd8.png

Probability=10 x n

N=number of goals scored against Habs

I know everyone is loling at the Habs but damn Montoya has got to feel like shit right now; can they just dress the equipment manager and pull him?

Pikma

Banned
This year
This team is a lot different than the one that went 9-0-0 last year, but they'll still need to address some holes if they want a chance to go all the way. (...)

I'd enjoy seeing you list a Habs team from the past 20 years that had a better, more talented roster with as much as this one has. I'll wait.
Last Year
It's not about the record, it's about how much of a difference there is in their game tactics which I would guess is only apparent to Habs fans. The way they're playing is a complete turn around from last season, and it's not based on a small sample size, it's a very obvious change in team tactics which is what has been holding this team back for 2 years now.

This year
Pretty good example of the difference between advance stats and reality, the advance stats for this Habs team and last years Habs team are almost the exact same, yet watching the game you can see how much more composed this years team is, and how much more structured they've played.
Massive win, playing on the second half of a back to back, and coming back from down 1 against the top offensive team in the league. Habs dictated the play for most of the game, and Price only had to make 3-4 big saves, I haven't seen the team play this cohesively defensively in forever. Hopefully the Gallys with Radulov stays a thing, but this is definitely a different team than last year. That was a playoff type game where it's close checking and it comes down to the PP's / minute mistakes the other team makes.
Last Year
This fucking team man. I don't know who this guy is impersonating Therrien, but it's incredible. I've never seen a Habs team this balanced and intuned with each other (...)

BOBOBOBONUS POSTS FROM DIFFERENT SEASONS

including this beauty:

We'll collapse soon, Price is the only reason we win blah blah

Habs could put Montoya in net and still beat the Leafs, he's had a better save percentage than Price.
tVBA15y.jpg

We always joke about teams bringing in grit and character guys for leadership, but I don't think it can be understated the effect having Weber in the room has on the rest of the team.
Before this season started I wasn't really down, but after seeing them legitimately tweak the team systems to benefit the players, I'm all for it. Whatever it takes to get that forward that can take us to the next level, this team can take the East and put up a fight.

Habs are now the odds on favourite to win the cup.

I don't know how to register this feeling. Premature cup predictions are the best.
9-0-0

http://i.imgur.com/00LKSCw.gif[/MG]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/00LKSCw.gif[/MG]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/00LKSCw.gif[/MG]

What does losing feel like?[/QUOTE]
[quote="Red_Man, post: 182775077"][IMG]nothing-stops-this-train.gif

Top Bottom